Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-14-2015, 01:47 PM   #21

Let's trade fans. I don't need light levels.

Honestly I think it works as designed, I just want a different design. A subtle, quiet fan would save my marriage.
Old 06-14-2015, 02:17 PM   #22

Our 08 Shamrock 183 had 2 speed fans and single intensity lights. Our new camper has the 1 speed fan and 2 light levels. W runs a fan 365 days/yr for the white noise and has for most of our 44 yrs of marriage. I call the one in our bedroom "the 747" so the camper one doesn't bother me at all.
2 Old Town kayaks & 2 Boston Terriers - Zoey/Gonzo
Lar & Ruth
CNYCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 03:50 PM   #23

Bunk Fan

Command Fan/Bunk Light Combo
High intensity reading light combined with a two-speed fan
Unique two directional mounting system accepts 3/4 inch or 1in tent support
Includes an 8 feet coil cord that will plug into a 1/4 inch jack (not included)

Quote:
A subtle, quiet fan would save my marriage.
Marriage saved

your welcome

2014 Shamrock 183
2014 RAM 1500 Bighorn Crew Cab, HEMI, 3.21 gears, 8 Spd, 4X4 TST TPMS
rsdata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 09:16 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by urocav2001 View Post
Have you installed the progressive industries ems yet? I have the same unit and looking for ideas on where to mount and such... Install pics would be awesome 😄

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Hello. Yes, I installed the EMS before we departed on our 6-week journey. It was a fairly simple install behind the converter located underneath the fridge. There is plenty of room behind the converter. I mounted the remote display underneath the CO detector. The only problem I encountered was the current sensor was defective, but Progressive sent me a replacement right away. We've been to four campgrounds since the EMS was installed and haven't seen a power problem yet. It gives me a lot of peace of mind every time I plug in. Sorry no pictures to show but the instructions that come with the EMS are pretty good and the tech assistance is great.
2007 Fleetwood Sequoia (sold 2015)
BumpyCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 09:21 AM   #25

So you just cut the cable coming in and ran in thru the box? Can u send a pic of where you mounted the sensor? Is there plenty of cable in the back to work with? And did you mount it on a side wall or something like that? Thanks in advance

urocav2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 09:24 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbq View Post
the bunkend fans are ridiculously loud (but the 2-level LED lights are nice)
Does the fan only work on one speed? 2 level LED lights, is that something new? or are the switches wired wrong?

Our three bunkend lights have one speed fan and two light levels. The low light level is almost a night light and the high level is pretty good for reading. There is only one speed for the fan. Would have been nice to have two levels for both. We pretty much don't use the fans because they are so loud. Curiously, the 2007 PUP we just sold had bunkend lights with a 2-speed fan and one light level.
Old 06-17-2015, 09:46 AM   #27

Quote:
So you just cut the cable coming in and ran in thru the box? Can u send a pic of where you mounted the sensor? Is there plenty of cable in the back to work with? And did you mount it on a side wall or something like that? Thanks in advance

Yes, I cut it about a 18 inches out from the controller so I had plenty of wire to work with on both sides of the EMS. The wire to the shore power was easy to identify--just follow the orange wire back to the connector on the back wall underneath the fridge. I've never posted a pic on this forum so I'll try to figure that out and get one for you.
Old 06-17-2015, 05:17 PM   #28

Thanks

Old 06-17-2015, 05:35 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by BumpyCamper View Post
I'm doing something almost like this except I will have the rear tires resting on the retracted table top with a pad to protect to surface. Where do you store your table? Thanks
Either in the bunk room or between the slide and the master bedroom. But I like your idea. I might try it! The only thing is that with the table in place we can't get into the bathroom with the slide closed, so I always take the table down before closing up. Most of our trips are short though, so I don't really NEED to get in there.
Loraura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 03:48 PM   #30

Quote:
Have you installed the progressive industries ems yet? I have the same unit and looking for ideas on where to mount and such... Install pics would be awesome 😄

Here is a pic of the EMS remote display installed underneath the CO detector on my Roo 233S. The EMS itself is installed behind the converter just to the left and behind the wood panel where the display is mounted.
Hope this helps.

BTW, yesterday afternoon the EMS detected voltage below 104 V and shut off shore power for a few seconds and restored it when adequate voltage was detected. I talked to the campground manager about this and he said this happens frequently "when everyone is running their A/Cs." He offered to move us to a different site but I didn't think that was likely to help and when only had another hour or so before outside temps would quickly cool off. A/C is working fine this afternoon as a good many spots are vacant and power demand is down.
Attached Images

Old 06-18-2015, 03:56 PM   #31

Picture didn't work... :/

Old 06-18-2015, 06:14 PM   #32

Quote:
Picture didn't work... :/

OK, I don't understand what I did wrong. I attached it per instructions and I previewed my message before posting to ensure the image was attached. Also, I can see it in my posted message. I'll do some more reading of the Forum instructions and try to figure it out.

If anyone else can see the image in my previous posting to this thread please let me know. Thanks!
Old 06-18-2015, 06:27 PM   #33

Not a big deal

Tags
233, 233s, roo