Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2015, 05:02 PM   #1
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Farragut TN
Posts: 24
2016 Roo 233S shakedown cruise

We just completed a two night shakedown cruise in our new Roo and absolutely loved it. We didn't have any problems. Had a brief thunderstorm one afternoon and no leaks. Only complaints so far is there isn't a lightswitch by the door so you can see before you go in or turn them off on the way out, and the bunkend fans are ridiculously loud (but the 2-level LED lights are nice). Already added two inch memory foam for our bed; kids said they're OK so far with the standard mattresses. Mods to come are inside bike transport for 5 bikes) and installing a Progressive Industries EMS-HW30C EMS. I also have an idea for a clothes line for underneath the bunkends.
Thanks again for all the wonderful ideas that have been shared in the FR forums!
__________________

__________________
BumpyCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 08:34 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: indiana
Posts: 586
On our ikss there is a switch labeled "int". It will control one overhead light. Leave the switch on the light itself on and control it with the switch on the main panel.
__________________

__________________
Jim and Deb
Many times..asst grandkids
2015 Shamrock 23ikss
2013 Ram 1500
jking46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 08:34 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
deartruc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Southern New England
Posts: 818
Quote:
Originally Posted by BumpyCamper View Post
I also have an idea for a clothes line for underneath the bunkends.
Bungee cords.
__________________
2008 Dodge Durango
2015 Roo 23 ikss
deartruc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 08:47 PM   #4
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Farragut TN
Posts: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by jking46 View Post
On our ikss there is a switch labeled "int". It will control one overhead light. Leave the switch on the light itself on and control it with the switch on the main panel.
I guess our floorplan is different. On our Roo 233S the control panel is on the pantry next to the kitchen sink so you can't reach it from the door area.
__________________
BumpyCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 08:47 PM   #5
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Farragut TN
Posts: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by deartruc View Post
Bungee cords.
I love simple solutions. Thanks!
__________________
BumpyCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 09:55 PM   #6
Member
 
airmech's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 32
We have a 2015 233s and love it every time we take it out. This was our second outing already this yr. just got back from yogi campgrounds. For our bikes I bought a bumper hitch and 4 bike rack. Swagman makes a great rack. Very happy with it and very sturdy. I didn't want the bikes inside the camper. To messy. Lol. Only complain with our camper is the stupid water filter. Ours unscrewed it self on trip. So when I got home I cut it out and put in a straight tube and just use outside filter. Soooo glad I did that. I don't trust internal filters anymore.
__________________
airmech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 04:31 AM   #7
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Farragut TN
Posts: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by airmech View Post
We have a 2015 233s and love it every time we take it out. This was our second outing already this yr. just got back from yogi campgrounds. For our bikes I bought a bumper hitch and 4 bike rack. Swagman makes a great rack. Very happy with it and very sturdy. I didn't want the bikes inside the camper. To messy. Lol. Only complain with our camper is the stupid water filter. Ours unscrewed it self on trip. So when I got home I cut it out and put in a straight tube and just use outside filter. Soooo glad I did that. I don't trust internal filters anymore.
I've read so many horror stories about bike racks on RV bumpers that I'm very leery of trying it. We really don't want the bikes inside but the rear bumper solution has me worried. I've seen a really clever idea for a bike rack over the propane tanks so I might try that.

As for the water filter, I was told during the PDI that the filter canister had recently been redesigned to resolve the "unscheduled removal" problem. Still, I'm beginning to feel like the internal water filter is just not worth the risk.
__________________
BumpyCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 04:40 AM   #8
Senior Member
 
RooVader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 630
It would be interesting to know if there has been a revision, even if we end up pulling them. I would be surprised if there has been but it would be good if forest river finally addressed the issue.

All of my years running r.o. systems and never had a canister issue. It shouldn't be an issue in our campers, but clearly has been.


Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
__________________
XLR 24HFS -> Roo 21DK -> RPod 183g
2013 F150 FX4 EB
RooVader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 10:44 AM   #9
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Calgary AB
Posts: 70
Sounds like a great first trip. We really like our 233S as well.

Funny you mention the lack of the door light switch. It remains the single biggest 'improvement opportunity' with the 233S, mentioned every trip the 'height challenged' in our family. Our Jayco 23B hybrid had this feature, and we used it all the time. The taller ceiling in the Roo makes the light switches a bit of a stretch for some.

I have just started checking out this mod. So far thinking of two switch legs from the main 12 v fuse panel under the RV to the wall by the oven. I have only done a preliminary look, but it appears the two lighting fuses (one for the back of the camper and one for the front) also include the respective bunk end light/fan jacks. Not quite as nice as the Jayco setup, where the door wall switch just effected all the overhead lights, so you could easily turn off the main lighting when turning in for the night.

Stu
__________________
Stu
Calgary AB
2014 Roo 233S
2011 Ford Econoline Club Wagon
stugilmour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 11:44 AM   #10
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Farragut TN
Posts: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by stugilmour View Post
Sounds like a great first trip. We really like our 233S as well.

Funny you mention the lack of the door light switch. It remains the single biggest 'improvement opportunity' with the 233S, mentioned every trip the 'height challenged' in our family. Our Jayco 23B hybrid had this feature, and we used it all the time. The taller ceiling in the Roo makes the light switches a bit of a stretch for some.

I have just started checking out this mod. So far thinking of two switch legs from the main 12 v fuse panel under the RV to the wall by the oven. I have only done a preliminary look, but it appears the two lighting fuses (one for the back of the camper and one for the front) also include the respective bunk end light/fan jacks. Not quite as nice as the Jayco setup, where the door wall switch just effected all the overhead lights, so you could easily turn off the main lighting when turning in for the night.

Stu
I really like the idea of a light switch by the door. If you proceed with it I'd love to hear about it. You've also given me another idea. Since DW and I always sleep in the front bunk, another light switch near the water filter area might be useful.
__________________

__________________
BumpyCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
233, 233s, roo

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:42 PM.