Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-10-2015, 01:23 PM   #1
Future Roo 23IKSS Owner

2016 Roo Brochure

I just received the new 2016 Roo Brochure in the mail today showing the new model floor plans/ changed. Here is a quick review:

All the models with showers have the new showers doors, i.e. 183, 19, 21SS, 21SSL, 23IKSS, 23WS, & 233S.

It looks like the bathrooms have gotten larger for the new showers. On these models the adjacent cabinets have been shifted down and the adjacent walking areas have gotten tighter.

On the 183 the front night stand looks to have gotten smaller.

On the 19 it's hard to see the change. Maybe the pantry and area between the dinette & front bunk got smaller.

The 233S the pantry by the sink might have gotten smaller, hard to tell. The wardrobe at the back bunk on the bath wall is gone.

The 21SS, 21SSL, & 23IKSS all look to have the cabinets moved forward. Each has the entertainment center that provides the privacy to the front bunk. Plus each has the same wardrobe across from the bathroom at the back bunk. All three appear to have the same living room slide all with the dinettes flipped with the sofa from last year- the sofa is towards the rear, farther away from the entertainment center.
The bathroom on the 23IKSS moved towards the rear bunk making the bathroom linen closet shallower as well as the shelf space in the rear bunk area.

The 23SS had been reconfigured to the 23WS. To make room for the larger bathroom the kitchen slide move towards the front and the rear wardrobes across from the bathroom are now in a new slide out.

The 23IKSS is the only model with the new pantry at the old entertainment center location and it looks to be deeper than the old entertainment center.

It appears the 21SSL & 23IKSS are the only ones that offer the theater seating option.

They now offer the free standing table & chairs, in place of the built in dinettes in the 21BD, 21SS, 21SSL, 23IKSS, & 233S.

Additionally it looks like all models are now prep. for a Furrion rear wireless camera system.

The 21SS, 21SSL, & 23IKSS have an optional sofa - Delux Tri-fold sleeper sofa with comfortable, easy setup queen bed.

Oddly enough the brochure doesn't provide the color option scheme, except in the photos of the unit interiors? The brochure covers the ultra light TT, 5er, Ultra Vs, Mini Lites, & Roos, so maybe they have enough interior photos to show the new color schemes.

I must say the interior color schemes look a lot Breyer in the brochure than any photo I have seen to date online.

Erik Lundquist
iPhone 6S using Tapatalk
elundquist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015, 06:01 PM   #2

Very nice recap Erik. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

2019 Surveyor 251RKS
2008 Ford Expedition EL
DK-in-SC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2015, 12:10 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by elundquist View Post
Additionally it looks like all models are now prep. for a Furrion rear wireless camera system.
Hello,

We drove to pick up our 2016 IKSS from Camping World in Little Rock this weekend, and I noticed it has the mount for the backup camera on it. Do you know where to get the system, and which fits in the provided mount?

Thanks
AlariWild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2015, 04:53 PM   #4
Future Roo 23IKSS Owner

AlarWild,

There are two models by Furrion that should work on the mount. Here are links to their website:

http://furrion.com/product/camera-sy...camera-system/

http://furrion.com/product/camera-sy...vation-system/

Basically the first one is for backing up only.

The second one has higher frame rates, so it can be used while driving.

Some have stated the Roo dealers stock the cameras.

If you Google the model you want you will find a few shops that sell the cameras. You can buy them from Furrion directly

Erik Lundquist
iPhone 6S using Tapatalk
Old 10-16-2015, 05:18 PM   #5
Site Team

One suggestion. Be sure to look at the actual unit you plan purchase as I am sure that somewhere on the brochure there is the disclaimer " Specifications subject to change without notice" If there is a feature you really want make sure it is still there. Not a problem, but prevents unwelcome surprises.

2015 Freedom Express 248RBS
TV 2015 Silverado HD2500 Duramax
TST Tire Monitors
Honda 2000I + Companion
2 100W solar panels
Flybob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2015, 08:54 AM   #6

Thanks for the info!
Old 10-17-2015, 12:15 PM   #7

Anyway you can scan the brochure and post? The brochure is not yet on FR website.
thomsonr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 09:20 PM   #8

X2 ^^^

urocav2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 10:00 PM   #9
Future Roo 23IKSS Owner

I will try to get my scanner working by this weekend

Erik Lundquist
iPhone 6S using Tapatalk
Old 10-20-2015, 07:10 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by elundquist View Post
I will try to get my scanner working by this weekend

Erik Lundquist
iPhone 6S using Tapatalk
Or just go for the "poor man's scanner" and snap pictures of the Roo pages to post. Interested to see the changes...

2022 Columbus 379MBC (Previous 2013 Rockwood Roo 23 IKSS)
2023 F-350 (Previous 2017 F250, 2005 F-150)
KMP44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 08:58 AM   #11
Future Roo 23IKSS Owner

2016 Roo Brochure

A photo really doesn't work. The Roo pages are in a dark green background and the black writing for passthroughs and grill graphics are hard to see in person.

But either way here is the Roo floor plans & popular features page.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1445436257.786831.jpg
Views:	260
Size:	284.3 KB
ID:	92385

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1445435815.810079.jpg
Views:	194
Size:	270.5 KB
ID:	92383

Not sure why FR has not posted this as of yet?

You can use the contact us on the website and they will send you one. It took about a week for it to arrive in the mail.

P.S. It looks like the posted photos get compressed which reduces the quality of the photo. Zooming in on the posted photos it is really hard to read the text.

Erik Lundquist
iPhone 6S using Tapatalk
Old 10-21-2015, 10:05 AM   #12

Thanks - those pictures aren't bad. Enough to get a look at all the floor plans. Not sure why FR can't at least post the new brochure. Not like it would be a big job to link to the new brochure file...

Its interesting to look at all the new layouts. The 23WS is pretty nice. Still not sold on the changes to the 23IKSS, but in looking at the 21SS, I think that might explain the flip flop of the couch and dinette. Looks like the dinette might have interfered with the new, larger bathroom in the 21SS. So that be the reason for the flip, and the IKSS uses the same super slide, so it got changed as well.

2022 Columbus 379MBC (Previous 2013 Rockwood Roo 23 IKSS)
2023 F-350 (Previous 2017 F250, 2005 F-150)
KMP44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 10:18 AM   #13

Wonder what the free standing chairs and table option looks like?

urocav2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 10:19 AM   #14
Future Roo 23IKSS Owner

KMP44,

It looks like they use the same Supper Slide in the 21SS, 21SSL, 23IKSS and on few other floor plans on the Ultra V, and Ultra Lite Fifth wheels. They might have flipped them to move the dinettes away from the bathrooms or just to change the layout?

It is really hard to tell why. At first I thought it's was a production savings to have just one SS layout, but most of the SS on the Ultra Lite Travel Trailers have the old layouts?

I am thinking about ordering mine with the sofa bed and free standing table/ chairs. That way I can flip them back to the old layout. The only down side is the large window behind the table will be blocked more by the sofa when flipped.

Erik Lundquist
iPhone 6S using Tapatalk
Old 10-21-2015, 10:29 AM   #15
Future Roo 23IKSS Owner

The only place they show the free standing table and chairs is in the interior photos of a Ultra V.

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1445440963.701153.jpg
Views:	185
Size:	326.9 KB
ID:	92389

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1445440975.035091.jpg
Views:	211
Size:	339.3 KB
ID:	92390

The wife is still not sold on loosing the storage under the bench seating or for the fact the table can not be converted into a bed.

We currently have a pop up and have only just used the table as a bed in the last two camping trips for our 10 month old son.

That really didn't work well to setup up the bed and table each day. I am trying to convince her if we really needed the additional sleeping area beyond the two bunks and sofa we could use our queen size blowup bed on the floor. The IKSS has lots of floor space.

Erik Lundquist
iPhone 6S using Tapatalk
Old 10-21-2015, 10:46 AM   #16

I don't think it has enough space for a blowup bed. The 21SS would for sure. The IKSS only if it's a very small blowup mattress.

2006 Ford F150 Lariet Crew 4x4
2013 Ford Expedition Limited 4x2
2016 Rockwood Roo 23IKSS

Old 10-21-2015, 10:51 AM   #17
Future Roo 23IKSS Owner

2016 Roo Brochure

The interior photos you can see how they show the new color schemes for the units.

Each model e.g. Roo, Ultra V have interior photos of the new floor layouts of each. In the photo they present the cabinet wood and fabric option shown in the photo.

They don't offer the typical photos of the fabrics and cabinet doors as they did in the past. The only photo showing the Sydney fabric was for the Roo 23WS.

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1445442051.320907.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	309.6 KB
ID:	92391

There are only three photos showing the Biltmore fabric option. The best photo showing the Biltmore was for the Mini Lites 2502KS as it shows the couch, bench seating, throw pillows, and window treatments.

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1445442383.992276.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	277.4 KB
ID:	92393

I would recommend getting a brochure in your hands to see the new models as the photos of the brochure are not as good as the brochure.

I have noticed several misspellings in the catalog. I am an engineer and we are not known for our spelling and grammar abilities, so it's remarkable I noticed so many mistakes.

Maybe they are correcting them, before publishing?

Erik Lundquist
iPhone 6S using Tapatalk
Old 10-21-2015, 11:08 AM   #18
Future Roo 23IKSS Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlariWild View Post
I don't think it has enough space for a blowup bed. The 21SS would for sure. The IKSS only if it's a very small blowup mattress.

Standing in the older units it looked like there was room between the front bunk and the island.

The 21SS and 23IKSS have the same floor space in front of the dinette at the front bunk. The 21SS might give you more room down in front of the kitchen.

I am sure you would need to step over the bed on the floor to enter the trailer & the front bunk, but I don't see us camping with that many people in our camper. The most we have had in our pop was four adults, two small dogs, and one skinny cat. If my son gets older and brings that many friends they can experience tent camping. OR I will move back into my backing packing tent! Nothing like having a shelter that weighs under 4lbs!

It's nice to have a RV, but to me real camping is hiking in 6+ miles only having what you carry on your back. The only time your in the tent is to sleep or if the weather is really bad.

But the wife, pets, and my bad knees is quickly ending that experience. I am sure my backpacking with heavy packs led to my knee issues.

Erik Lundquist
iPhone 6S using Tapatalk
Old 10-23-2015, 03:34 AM   #19

PDF Download

is here.

http://www.rvwholesalers.com/resourc...6-Rockwood.pdf
jjstreic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2015, 06:08 AM   #20

Also notice the fresh water tank is now 43 gallons!
wkn4lo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
roo