Old 10-03-2016, 01:53 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocknroos View Post
You are correct if I loaded the HTT to the limit, but before I went west I loaded the TT and the HTT for the trip and took it to a scale, HTT weighed in at 4300# and I was 300# below by GCWR for the Lincoln. It was close but still under the limits and I did not have any issues. I had to take it easy towing up 7% and 8% grades, but it did fine. I was just trying to give paulbabs a little feedback and maybe some reassurance about towing a Shamrock 17 with his Jeep.
I was replying to the OP.

2016 F250 2WD CC SB XLT 6.2 3.73 3,295 lb payload cap.
2014 Salem Hemisphere 282RK 8k lbs loaded, Equal-i-zer WDH, TST 507 TPMS
2016: 38 nights camped
Teamfour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 02:33 PM   #12
GracefulCamper

I kinda realized that after I posted.

Old 10-03-2016, 03:19 PM   #13

Thanks much! First time purchaser and there's a lot of scary information out there. This response really makes me more comfortable.
Old 10-03-2016, 03:26 PM   #14

i agree, if i fully load the Jeep to the max of 1000#, is that what you are saying? i do not plan on loading the Jeep to the max. Thanks in advance!
Old 10-04-2016, 04:13 PM   #15

I tow a 21DK with a 2013 Explorer and have no problems other than the fact I am not winning any races on the highway. I'm under all my weights with the exception of going over the tongue limit of the explorer. I counter that with a weight distribution hitch and put air bags in the rear. It performs better than I thought it would and have no problems. I also don't load anything heavy in the rear of the explorer to keep the tongue weight down as much as possible. I too went to Yellowstone, and had no real issues towing in the mountains going up or down. The hill assist and built in antisway work great. I have a brake controller as well.
Old 10-04-2016, 04:56 PM   #16
Site Team

I am a little confused as you say your Jeep has the towing package, but then say you will be adding a brake controller. There is a difference between a hitch and electrical connection and a towing package. I recommend an aux transmission cooler ( in addition to the standard one). Also check to insure that the Aux 12V power line is connected. On many smaller vehicles it is usually not connected at the factory.

2015 Freedom Express 248RBS
TV 2015 Silverado HD2500 Duramax
TST Tire Monitors
Honda 2000I + Companion
2 65W solar panels
Flybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 07:30 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flybob View Post
I am a little confused as you say your Jeep has the towing package, but then say you will be adding a brake controller. There is a difference between a hitch and electrical connection and a towing package. I recommend an aux transmission cooler ( in addition to the standard one). Also check to insure that the Aux 12V power line is connected. On many smaller vehicles it is usually not connected at the factory.
Most tow packages on SUV's do NOT include a brake controller; that's up to the customer. I'm only familiar with integrated brake controllers on pickup trucks.

2016 Mini Lite 2503S - tt (2015 - ???)
2011 Traverse LT, 3.6L, FWD
2009 Silverado Ext Cab, 5.3L, 4x4, 3.73
2016 Silverado 2500HD Dbl Cab, 6.0L 4x4, 4.10
rockfordroo is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
cherokee, shamrock