Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2016, 07:36 AM   #11
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 366
Quote:
Originally Posted by stefie19 View Post
Speaking of trash cans. Where do you have one stored in the main part of the camper. I originally thought under the sink but then realized that the cabinets don't go all the way to the floor. I had envisioned having one on a slide out. Just not sure if that will work anywhere and so now I'm brainstorming ideas and open to suggestions.
I installed the main room garbage can in the cupboard by the entry door. I built a shelf on drawer sliders.......perfect for us !

__________________

__________________
Drenjoey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 07:53 AM   #12
Senior Member
 
GalsofEscape's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Catonsville Maryland
Posts: 988
We also had the same thoughts about the toilet paper holder placement and ended up inside the cabinet on the door. Works very well there.
We have a small round trash can that just sits on the floor just under the entertainment center. As we empty the trash every day, I don't mind that it is small. We don't trip over it either.
I did hang a spice rack next to the sink. Right now I have a problem with stuff bouncing out when we are towing so am working on a solution for that, but love having stuff right there. For now I just put the stuff in a dish pan in the sink for travel.Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1467373894422.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	61.5 KB
ID:	112744
__________________

__________________
HTT: "EscapeII" 2016 Shamrock 23WS (current)
PUP: "Escape" 2010 Rockwood HW 277 (gone)
TV: "Bruce" 2011 Dodge Durango V8 Hemi Crew
Just us gals (me, Sis and our daughters)
We spend alot of money to go sit in the woods
GalsofEscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 08:13 AM   #13
the-the-the- The GRINCH!
 
DaGrinch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Western MD
Posts: 1,245
Quote:
Originally Posted by stefie19 View Post
I looked at the Anderson leveler and wondered if there would be any need to cut them down. I don't have the necessary tools to do that so I was leary of buying a pair. Right now there are regular leveling blocks in my cart (we use a BAL leveler on the popup so never had to buy them before).

Steph
From looking at photos of the 23WS, which appears to be a newer, slightly modified version of the 23SS, you would have to cut one of the Anderson levelers to fit between the tires of the dual axles. I had an '08 23SS and there's not much clearance between the tires, approx 1 1/2" - 2" at the center point.
One of the other modifications I would do would be the awning poles/brackets. Had them on my Roo, transferred them to my Flagstaff and now have them on my Sunseeker. I wouldn't be without them.

__________________

"Sunny" the 2017 Sunseeker 3010DS
2006 Jeep Liberty Toad
.... and lovin' life...
DaGrinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 08:30 AM   #14
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaGrinch View Post
From looking at photos of the 23WS, which appears to be a newer, slightly modified version of the 23SS, you would have to cut one of the Anderson levelers to fit between the tires of the dual axles. I had an '08 23SS and there's not much clearance between the tires, approx 1 1/2" - 2" at the center point.
One of the other modifications I would do would be the awning poles/brackets. Had them on my Roo, transferred them to my Flagstaff and now have them on my Sunseeker. I wouldn't be without them.

Tell me about the awning poles/brackets. We have a power awning on the new camper but I have read about anchoring the corners so you aren't constantly putting the awning away if it gets windy. I wouldn't leave it open if it was really bad but we do have plans to be near the ocean in August and I assume I'll deal with a relatively constant breeze there.
__________________
stefie19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 11:54 AM   #15
Senior Member
 
Jimandchris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Southeast Michigan
Posts: 586
Turbs is the forum member selling the awning poles and brackets. See post below.

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for....php?p=1124371

Best mod for a tt especially with the newer power awnings.
__________________
2014 Roo 23SS
2013 GM Sierra CC
Prodigy P3 Brake Controller
Equal-i-zer Hitch
Nites Camped 2016 -25
Jimandchris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 01:47 PM   #16
the-the-the- The GRINCH!
 
DaGrinch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Western MD
Posts: 1,245
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimandchris View Post
Turbs is the forum member selling the awning poles and brackets. See post below.

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for....php?p=1124371

Best mod for a tt especially with the newer power awnings.
AMEN!

Bought my brackets from OldCoot several years ago - did the poles myself, I'm on my second set. First set, ah... didn't hold water. Pun intended. During a HEAVY storm, one pole collapsed - didn't have awning tilted enough. Now I have metal conduit for poles. However, seeing the poles Turbs offers, I wouldn't waste my time again - I'd buy his! Especially powder coated!
And as far as being close to the ocean..... with the poles/brackets and proper anchoring, anything short of maybe 50mph+, I'd have my awning out!
__________________

"Sunny" the 2017 Sunseeker 3010DS
2006 Jeep Liberty Toad
.... and lovin' life...
DaGrinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 02:40 PM   #17
Senior Member
 
Jimandchris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Southeast Michigan
Posts: 586
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaGrinch View Post
AMEN!

Bought my brackets from OldCoot several years ago - did the poles myself, I'm on my second set. First set, ah... didn't hold water. Pun intended. During a HEAVY storm, one pole collapsed - didn't have awning tilted enough. Now I have metal conduit for poles. However, seeing the poles Turbs offers, I wouldn't waste my time again - I'd buy his! Especially powder coated!
And as far as being close to the ocean..... with the poles/brackets and proper anchoring, anything short of maybe 50mph+, I'd have my awning out!
I hear ya! Have a set of OC's poles and brackets. Wouldn't be without them. Two summers ago in shipshewanna had a storm go through the campground and destroyed 4 awnings, but OC's poles & brackets stayed right where I put them.
I see you're in Western Maryland, my Dad grew up in the Lonaconing area, so we've been there many times over the years visiting relatives. Happy camping!
__________________
2014 Roo 23SS
2013 GM Sierra CC
Prodigy P3 Brake Controller
Equal-i-zer Hitch
Nites Camped 2016 -25
Jimandchris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 05:29 PM   #18
Member
 
Old Eeyore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by stefie19 View Post
I looked at the Anderson leveler and wondered if there would be any need to cut them down. I don't have the necessary tools to do that so I was leary of buying a pair. Right now there are regular leveling blocks in my cart (we use a BAL leveler on the popup so never had to buy them before).
We used a BAL leveler with both of our PUPs - and wouldn't do it any other way. When we got the 21SS we researched options and didn't see anything that looked comparable (ease of use, etc). So we ordered a second BAL. While we had zero problems in 5 years with the 21SS they may be over-matched with the 23IKSS - but so far so good.
__________________

__________________
2016 Roo 23IKSS / 2011 Tahoe
2011 Roo 21SS / 2011 Tahoe
2006 Bayside / 2006 4Runner
1999 SantaFe / 2001 Sienna
1967 Nimrod / 1998 Outback
Old Eeyore is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
roo

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:02 PM.