Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-17-2018, 07:42 AM   #1

2018 Rockwood Roo Flexing Issue

We bought a 2018 Rockwood Roo 233s brand new in July 2018. We used it exactly twice since we bought it. The first time, we noticed that the side cabinet panel thats near the door (the side panel to where the oven is), was starting to buckle and crack. At that point it was minor and I didn't think much of it. We towed it again on our 2nd trip, now the panel is even worse, larger cracking and staples popping. We took it to a local RV stop (a mom & pop place that is local to us) and they did some warranty work on it, replaced the side cabinet panel and cut it smaller thinking the original problem was a too large of a panel from the factory so it was buckling. Not so, after towing it the 12 miles home from the shop, the panel is buckling and cracking again. The shop believes its a larger issue of the camper overflexing, causing structural issues and recommended that we bring it to an authorized Forest River dealer. Long story short, no local Forest River dealer will take it because we didn't buy it from them and the place we bought it from is 3 hours away.

The point of this: has anyone else had similar issues with their Rockwood Roo and what's been the outcome or fix?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2953.JPG
Views:	188
Size:	109.4 KB
ID:	193161   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2952.JPG
Views:	177
Size:	90.5 KB
ID:	193162  
rachelhale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 08:54 AM   #2

Ours had the exact same issue, Same year & Model. We also bought far away so I had them ship me the panel & I replaced it however I have not traveled w/ it yet. The original panel was cut so tight that there was no room for any movement so like you I cut smaller assuming that would take care of it. Guess that may not be the case. I also glued the sides but only tacked the bottom & used a piece of trim to cover where I had cut it short to allow for movement. I guess I wont know if that was enough till spring...
Please keep us posted if you come up w/ a better solution.
Oops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 10:05 AM   #3

On something like this that could possibly be more complicated, it might be worth the 3 hour and leave it with the original dealer now, during the off season.
joeuncool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 11:37 AM   #4

We have a 2019 with the same issue we purchased in May. It happened right after our first trip. I cracked right below the vent to the floor. We took it back to the dealer and they ordered the panel from the factory. Well that was back in May and they haven't received the correct panel in yet (thats what the dealer says) I am going to contact FR about this because the dealer is useless. There is something wrong with their design with it being too tight and the trailer movement. Otherwise we are completely happy with the camper!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20180623_081617.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	266.5 KB
ID:	193171  
2019 Rockwood ROO 233S, 1998 Dutchman 747SL, 1988 Jayco 1006, 2001 Skyline Nomad 3710BH,1997 Coachman Catalina lite 249 QB, 2001 Palomino Mustang SC
Wisconsin-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 01:27 PM   #5

When we were looking at this model we saw another that had same issue on the lot at the dealer so at this point I’m guessing FR knows they have an issue and hopefully have a solution...
Oops is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rockwood, rockwood roo, roo