Old 11-08-2017, 04:43 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyoye View Post
My rear backup camera started working after I turned my headlights on
Makes sense. That would turn your marker lights on. I assumed you had done that or I would have suggested it. If your marker lights aren't on, your camera isn't going to work.

Your dealer SHOULD have explained this to you. Another example of a lousy PDI.

2016 Mini Lite 2503S - tt (2015 - ???)
2011 Traverse LT, 3.6L, FWD
2009 Silverado 1500 Ext Cab, 5.3L, 4x4, 3.73
2016 Silverado 2500HD Dbl Cab, 6.0L 4x4, 4.10
rockfordroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 11:49 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyoye View Post
My rear backup camera started working after I turned my headlights on

X2

Old 11-14-2017, 12:09 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockfordroo View Post
Makes sense. That would turn your marker lights on. I assumed you had done that or I would have suggested it. If your marker lights aren't on, your camera isn't going to work.

Your dealer SHOULD have explained this to you. Another example of a lousy PDI.
I KNOW the camera is prewired through the lights. ive tried every combo of marker lights, headlights, reverse, Etc. I'm sure its something stupid like a weak ground, just curious if anyone knows which light/ lights its wired into from factory or has a diagram.
Old 11-14-2017, 02:09 AM   #14

You probably have a CO detector and the wired ones seem to suck power more than those we use at home that are small battery powered. Also the battery supplied with the camper could have been abused by being discharged by the parasitic loads if it wasn't disconnected between shipment and delivery to you. Total discharge really reduces the recharge capacity. You might check the parasitic loads by turning all options off, disconnecting the battery and finding the resistance between the positive and negative cables. This will give you an idea of the capacity needed. Usually the fridge doesn't use much juice since most of the power is from the little propane consumed.
Old 11-14-2017, 10:01 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmiles8701 View Post
I KNOW the camera is prewired through the lights. ive tried every combo of marker lights, headlights, reverse, Etc. I'm sure its something stupid like a weak ground, just curious if anyone knows which light/ lights its wired into from factory or has a diagram.
OK. On my Roo 19, the upper marker lights on the back were wired from "near" the brake/tail lights at the bottom. If you open the rear storage door, on the left will be a piece of thin plywood with a 1 x 1 at the bottom. It keeps stuff in the compartment from sliding into the tail lights (and also wastes a TON of space!). Remove it and you'll see the tail light wiring. Should be a couple wires going UP to the rear marker lights. There may be a similar setup on the right side, but with access from the inside storage door (I can't recall if they ran two sets of wires up from each tail light, or ran a single set up to the left marker and then a set across from one marker to the other).

My Roo didn't have have a camera, but since it's mounted it at the top rear, it makes sense that it would be wired to one of the two marker lights, either right or left. Others with cameras have stated they're powered by the marker lights, and it was one of the two upper ones.

No one is going to have a diagram, even the factory!

2016 Mini Lite 2503S - tt (2015 - ???)
2011 Traverse LT, 3.6L, FWD
2009 Silverado 1500 Ext Cab, 5.3L, 4x4, 3.73
2016 Silverado 2500HD Dbl Cab, 6.0L 4x4, 4.10
rockfordroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 11:08 AM   #16

One possibility is the factory didnít connect the camera to the wiring correctly- take the camera off and verify that itís connected.

Another possibility is that you camera and monitor have lost their pair- you will have to reset it by disconnecting the camera- a few screws and unplug the camera. Then you have to plug the camera into the port on the charging harness on the monitor to re- pair the devices.
Old 11-15-2017, 09:47 PM   #17
Sham183

When we bought ours we were told about some of the things that draw battery power. One that most people forget is your booster for your tv antenna. So just to add to things to look at. I would definitely start with battery condition first if it was me though.
Old 11-17-2017, 07:05 AM   #18

I thought my battery was charging via my truck during towing, but turned out that my truck, which I bought used, was missing the proper relay and fuse, therefor, I was not getting any top up while towing.

Tags
camper, roo