Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2014, 11:11 AM   #11
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Gainesville, FL
Posts: 733
Quote:
Originally Posted by fun_runner View Post
... We are looking at a Tundra now tho purely for the extra space to haul stuff in the bed of the truck since the 21dk doesnt have the massive pass-thru storage my older camper did. ...
Can you elaborate on how much pass-through storage (or any external storage) it does have? Do you (or anybody else) know of other models in similar size range (18'-21' box) that has a better storage configuration?

Thanks

Chris

PS: See my PM for questions about your TV.
__________________

__________________
chriscowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 11:23 AM   #12
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 122
Hikemor , we just purchased the 21dk about 2 weeks ago. We LOVE it!
We got the Shamrock, the twin of the Roo. I was afraid also but we went for it and we love it.
Get the raised panel cupboards and fridge ,, it makes it so much prettier. Also the deep Cherry wood is what we went with over the oak wood look and it is Gorgeous! Someone else on here went with Cherry and they love it.
We live in Louisiana so I think that would be to far to come see ours.

We got ours through Colerain RV of Indianapolis/Cincinatti.. They had some in stock so that way we didnt have to wait for it. We could not find any in the south, except for 1 in TX that was 4000.00 more than the prices in Indiana. So we just drove up and got it.
We paid around 15,600.00 for ours which I think was a very good price.
We added the power jack for 150.00 and the power awning was already on it. IF you have anymore questions please feel free to ask.
__________________

__________________
Sheripoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 11:54 AM   #13
Junior Member
 
fun_runner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Massillon
Posts: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by chriscowles View Post
Can you elaborate on how much pass-through storage (or any external storage) it does have? Do you (or anybody else) know of other models in similar size range (18'-21' box) that has a better storage configuration?

Thanks

Chris

PS: See my PM for questions about your TV.
My old Fun Finder had the bed up front so it had the pass thru storage underneath. The Shamrock doesnt have that underbelly pass thru storage since the beds fold out the ends. Its not a big issue, 99% of my stuff still fits in the smaller compartments. We would always bring some tiki torches with us and those being 4-5ft long wont fit in any of the storage compartments. I also wanted the Tundra so I could throw our bikes and firewood in the bed since, from what I've read, you're not supposed to put any kind of cargo carrier/bike rack on the back bumper of these hybrids.
__________________
1997 4Runner 3.4L TRD S/C 5spd
2014 Shamrock 21DK
fun_runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 01:34 PM   #14
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Gainesville, FL
Posts: 733
Can the 21DK be used without opening the slideout or dropping the bunks? Specifically, if we stop overnight somewhere just to sleep and don't want to disconnect or set up anything, can sleep, eat, and use the bathroom?

We're only 2 adults, so additional bed space isn't a requirement.

Thanks

Chris
__________________
chriscowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 01:40 PM   #15
Member
 
BadgerRoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Manitowoc
Posts: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by chriscowles View Post
Can the 21DK be used without opening the slideout or dropping the bunks? Specifically, if we stop overnight somewhere just to sleep and don't want to disconnect or set up anything, can sleep, eat, and use the bathroom?

We're only 2 adults, so additional bed space isn't a requirement.

Thanks

Chris
Yeah, you could do it. The bathroom is directly behind the door when you go inside and there's a little bit of clearance with the slide "in" to at least get at the dinette if you'd want to sleep on that and keep the bed ends up. Not sure if it would be recommended to sleep in it while still hooked up to your TV?... but I don't know that for sure.
__________________

2012 GMC Yukon XL SLT 4X4
2014 Rockwood Roo 21DK

BadgerRoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 01:53 PM   #16
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Gainesville, FL
Posts: 733
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadgerRoo View Post
Yeah, you could do it. The bathroom is directly behind the door when you go inside and there's a little bit of clearance with the slide "in" to at least get at the dinette if you'd want to sleep on that and keep the bed ends up. Not sure if it would be recommended to sleep in it while still hooked up to your TV?... but I don't know that for sure.
Thanks. I've seen other posts about owners staying in their trailers overnight without disconnecting, so I don't expect it to be a problem. I might want to drop the jack and stabilizers. Being able to park, open the trailer door, and go to sleep is a HUGE advantage over the pop-up we sold several years ago.

Can you open the refrigerator door with the slide in? That would make loading in prep for a trip easier, or unloading the grocery cart in the parking lot of the grocery store.
__________________
chriscowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 02:03 PM   #17
Member
 
BadgerRoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Manitowoc
Posts: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by chriscowles View Post
Thanks. I've seen other posts about owners staying in their trailers overnight without disconnecting, so I don't expect it to be a problem. I might want tjust drop it jack and stabilizers. Being able to park, open the trailer door, and go to sleep is a HUGE advantage over the pop-up we sold several years ago.

Can you open the refrigerator door with the slide in? That would make loading in prep for a trip easier, or unloading the grocery cart in the parking lot of the grocery store.
Oh cool, guess I learned something new today! . And yes, you can fully open the fridge with the slide in. The slide is about the width of the u-shaped dinette (and directly across from it) so everything else is just as accessible as it would be with the slide out.
__________________

2012 GMC Yukon XL SLT 4X4
2014 Rockwood Roo 21DK

BadgerRoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 03:41 PM   #18
Moderators' Assistant
 
bikendan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Camano Island, Washington
Posts: 13,269
by the way, it's called "turtling" in the Hybrid community, when you sleep on the sofa and dinette without opening the canvas bunk ends.
__________________
Dan-Retired Firefighter/EMT
Shawn-Musician/Entrepreneur/Wine Expert
and Zoe the Wonder Dog(R.I.P.)
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Equalizer WDH and Prodigy BC
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 04:39 PM   #19
Member
 
BadgerRoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Manitowoc
Posts: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
by the way, it's called "turtling" in the Hybrid community, when you sleep on the sofa and dinette without opening the canvas bunk ends.
Hahaha, that's great. Love it!
__________________

2012 GMC Yukon XL SLT 4X4
2014 Rockwood Roo 21DK

BadgerRoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 06:12 PM   #20
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Cleveland, TN
Posts: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by BC Boy View Post
Noticed you said Roo 21dk. Have you tried searching for a Shamrock 21dk around your area? They are the exact same except for the outside colours/decals and interior colours/designs. Even if you are deadset on getting a Roo at least you will have gotten a hands on look at the model.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Forest River Forums mobile app
We are definitely looking at the Shamrock as well. My wife actually likes the colors of the Shamrock better than the Roo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheripoms
We got ours through Colerain RV of Indianapolis/Cincinatti.. They had some in stock so that way we didnt have to wait for it. We could not find any in the south, except for 1 in TX that was 4000.00 more than the prices in Indiana. So we just drove up and got it.
We paid around 15,600.00 for ours which I think was a very good price.
We added the power jack for 150.00 and the power awning was already on it. IF you have anymore questions please feel free to ask.
That's good to know. Everybody that we talk to, around here, quote us a price of around $18,500 to order one. How many people, do you think, can sit at the u-shaped dinette?
__________________

__________________
hikemor is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:58 AM.