Old 04-19-2014, 06:24 PM   #21

The dinette is really big. I say 4 people very comfortably maybe 5. Also you could pull up a chair to the outside edge of the dinette table.
My hubby actually puts his antigravity chair right next to the dinette to watch tv and sleep and watch tv and sleep etc..

Old 04-20-2014, 09:59 AM   #22

Would someone mind posting the length from coupler to midpoint between the axles, GAWR, and their scaled axle and tongue weights for a loaded 21DK?

Thanks

Old 04-20-2014, 10:34 AM   #23

21DK design change?

Did the 21DK floor plan change in 2014 or 2015? A YouTube review of a 2013 model calls it a "door side kitchen" which makes sense, given the name. It also shows the slide out on the curb side of the trailer, under the awning.

That conflicts with the floor plan published by Forest River, in which the slide out is shown on the street side. Also, there is no indication on that plan of the outside kitchen features, other than the usual gas grill option.

While I can see the advantage of a full outdoor kitchen under the awning, it seems to me that it would eat a lot of the space there. Also, I don't have a particular need for those features. I'm good with the grill, a folding table, and maybe a Coleman stove.

Thanks

Chris
Old 04-20-2014, 10:37 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriscowles View Post
Did the 21DK floor plan change in 2014 or 2015? A YouTube review of a 2013 model calls it a "door side kitchen" which makes sense, given the name. It also shows the slide out on the curb side of the trailer, under the awning.

That conflicts with the floor plan published by Forest River, in which the slide out is shown on the street side. Also, there is no indication on that plan of the outside kitchen features, other than the usual gas grill option.

While I can see the advantage of a full outdoor kitchen under the awning, it seems to me that it would eat a lot of the space there. Also, I don't have a particular need for those features. I'm good with the grill, a folding table, and maybe a Coleman stove.

Thanks

Chris
Floor plan changed for 2014.. now the slide is on the rear side and not the door side. You still get a mini outdoor fridge under the awning but not the outdoor stove top like you did on '13 models.

2012 GMC Yukon XL SLT 4X4
2014 Rockwood Roo 21DK

BadgerRoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 10:43 AM   #25

Quote:
Did the 21DK floor plan change in 2014 or 2015?
Never mind. Another YouTube by the same dealer answered the question, and I now see the mini-fridge compartment facing the curb side.
Old 04-20-2014, 08:58 PM   #26

In viewing the YouTube videos I noticed the windows on the 21DK are considerably smaller than those on the 19. The dinette-side window, at least, is much larger on the 19.

While I like the ducted AC (less noise and better distribution?) and the added space seems good, as does the extra length on the bed of the U-dinette, it seems like the small windows would give me a sense of being in a cave.

I don't have an FR dealer nearby to walk through one of these. For those who own a 21DK, did you also walk through a 19? Would you care to comment on your impressions re openness? Perhaps the bunk ends being open are more than enough to compensate?

BTW, do Roo bunk end windows have a clear vinyl section? I didn't think to check when I walked through a 19. I just assumed they're like my old Coleman was.

Thanks

Chris
Old 04-20-2014, 09:08 PM   #27

Quote:
In viewing the YouTube videos I noticed the windows on the 21DK are considerably smaller than those on the 19. The dinette-side window, at least, is mit's larger on the 19.

While I like the ducted AC (less noise and better distribution?) and the added space seems good, as does the extra length on the bed of the U-dinette, it seems like the small windows would give me a sense of being in a cave.

I don't have an FR dealer nearby to walk through one of these. For those who own a 21DK, did you also walk through a 19? Would you care to comment on your impressions re openness? Perhaps the bunk ends being open are more than enough to compensate?

BTW, do Roo bunk end windows have a clear vinyl section? I didn't think to check when I walked through a 19. I just assumed they're like my old Coleman was.

Thanks

Chris
No clear vinyl.. screen and canvas only. As far as openness.. the slide on the 21dk offers way more room/openness than any extra couple of inches on a dinette window could. Guess it's all personal preference. Guess I never really thought that the windows were lacking or small on mine.

2012 GMC Yukon XL SLT 4X4
2014 Rockwood Roo 21DK

BadgerRoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 10:47 PM   #28
Moderators' Assistant

i don't know of any hybrid that ever had clear plastic windows.

i know one hybrid owner that looked into having some put in but i believe it ended up being way too expensive to make it worthwhile.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Equalizer WDH and Prodigy BC
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 11:08 PM   #29

The 21dk does have smaller windows, but looking at layout and features in the package, there isn't much room for bigger. If it's nice out ... opening the ends really opens it up.

The 21dk over the 19 was a choice we made for the floor space. A slide no matter the size really adds space to make any trailer, including popups, much bigger. We chose the 21dk for us. It is perfect for us.
Old 04-20-2014, 11:12 PM   #30

The window size makes no difference to me...just like BadgerRoo I don't think they are small. When you have the blinds up and bunk end windows unzipped there is plenty of light!! Turn on the create a breeze fan and it is awesome in there!!! Of course on beautiful days you'll be outside, so window size won't matter!!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forest River Forums mobile app