Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-21-2012, 08:57 AM   #21

How much does it go for ? Anyone with an MSRP for the US, I saw the Canadian one but they are always more money than in the US. ?
Old 10-21-2012, 09:41 AM   #22

Toppers is where I bought my 23ss. When I dropped ours off for service this week I checked out the 23IKS. We are now working with Toppers on some numbers.. More then likely it won't work out since are 23ss is 6 weeks old.

I would highly recommend Toppers...
keven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 01:42 PM   #23
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by miatared View Post
How much does it go for ? Anyone with an MSRP for the US, I saw the Canadian one but they are always more money than in the US. ?
as you know, RV MSRP's are made up by the dealers and not the manufacturer.
you could have the same exact trailer and 3 dealers would have 3 different MSRP's.
a dealer in Florida has a well-equipped 23IKSS for a little over $17k.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 03:40 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by miatared View Post
The one at Toppers is $23,000. From what I was told it has all the option offered
keven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 04:44 PM   #25

I wonder if you can get to the bathroom with the slide outs pulled in? Looks very tight.
MOD Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 05:31 PM   #26
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOD Guy View Post
I wonder if you can get to the bathroom with the slide outs pulled in? Looks very tight.
i spoke about that in my update post on pg. 2 of this thread:
"he did say that you have to deploy one of the slides to get to the bathroom. he suggested the kitchen slide since it's not as deep and it allows for opening up the sofa bed."
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Old 10-22-2012, 07:18 AM   #27

I was at my dealer on the weekend to have some small warranty issues addressed and they had one set up. Had this model been available last year when I bought, I would have seriously considered it.

Huge floor space and lots of storage, a skylight over the counter. Exterior storage at the front that runs full width.

I didn't care for the grill/stove location, it was a swing out mounted on rear bumper.....probably not much option for mounting due to slide out.

The dealer indicated that they sold 4 of them at a recent RV show. In Canada the price point is $20k.

2017 GMC SLT HD All Terrain Crew Cab (6' 6" Box) 2012 Roo 23SS
E2 Trunnion WDH (1,000 lb / 10,000 lb)
Dave Lyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 04:21 PM   #28

Not sure on that RVQ mount though - very close to tent material and hidden by the slide out.

But it does look real good.
Old 10-22-2012, 08:36 PM   #29

Thanks for the link to the great pictures, thanks to the person who took them. They answer a lot of questions.
Nccamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 03:08 PM   #30
Canadian Member

Before we decided on the Roo hybrid, we looked at the Passport 250BH model that had the rear curb side slide out and we decided that it took up too much space under the awning. Although the new 23IKSS looks great inside, the curb side slide under the awning would be the same negative for us.
2011 Rockwood Signature 8293SS (2015 - 2018)
2010 Rockwood Roo 23SS (2012 - 2014)

itat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 10:06 AM   #31

Pricing one right now...I love this layout. I do also wish the bathroom was larger, but at least the linen closet helps. Would also prefer a "hotel shower curtain rod" that angles out at the top for room space.

Does anyone have any inside photos for when the slides are not out?
dmhaywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 03:20 PM   #32

Shamrock 23ikss

Picking up mine this Saturday. Got it for about 21K in Tucker GA. pecocamping.com. I'll post some feedback after we spend some time in it. We love the layout!
greg.thecoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 11:23 PM   #33
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by greg.thecoop View Post
Picking up mine this Saturday. Got it for about 21K in Tucker GA. pecocamping.com. I'll post some feedback after we spend some time in it. We love the layout!
Congrats!!! you'll be the first to own one that i have seen on any of the 5 hybrid forums i'm on.
the biggest negative feedback i've read is the main awning over the kitchen slide.
will be interested in some real world feedback.
Old 12-05-2012, 03:58 PM   #34
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Congrats and welcome to the forum!!

2012 Shamrock 233S
2008 Toyota Sequoia 5.7L 4WD
Triguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 07:33 PM   #35
Submarines once..........

It looks really cool and the extra counter space is defiantly something that our 233S lacks. We can't beat the 3 beds and U-shaped dinette that we have though. Also looking at the pictures Dan posted it seems the awning rests on the lip of the slide, or at least close too it. I would be worried that a strong wind would cause it to catch on something and tear or that if it got some rainwater in it it would not slope to get rid of it like mine does. I also agree with other posters that say the slide takes up a lot of space under the awening.
63 Nights in 2012! 8 Nights and counting in 2013
Four high energy Little Girls!:
melbornj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 02:44 PM   #36

So we just got back from a 10 day maiden voyage of the 23ikss. It is an awesome camper! Tons of storage, and the kitchen island makes a huge difference. The one thing I would watch for is the awning over the kitchen slide, it will touch the edge of the slide and in windy weather will slap down on it. We got some cheap 3/4" pipe foam insulation and slid it over the top of the slide before extending the awning and it protected it from any harm. The beds also have a weird uneven lip on the inside edge where the tent connects that made the outside person roll down into the middle of the bed. We might put some padding under there next time to try to level it out some. The shower is functional but a bit cramped. We also had some condensation on the inside of the bed tents in the mornings, but we were at the ocean and had the heat running. It dried up during the day so may have just been the humidity there. Oh, one last thing - from personal experience... close the front door before you bend over to crank up the stabilizers... the bottom corner is sharp! ouch my back!
Old 01-07-2013, 05:25 PM   #37

Quote:
So we just got back from a 10 day maiden voyage of the 23ikss. It is an awesome camper! Tons of storage, and the kitchen island makes a huge difference. The one thing I would watch for is the awning over the kitchen slide, it will touch the edge of the slide and in windy weather will slap down on it. We got some cheap 3/4" pipe foam insulation and slid it over the top of the slide before extending the awning and it protected it from any harm. The beds also have a weird uneven lip on the inside edge where the tent connects that made the outside person roll down into the middle of the bed. We might put some padding under there next time to try to level it out some. The shower is functional but a bit cramped. We also had some condensation on the inside of the bed tents in the mornings, but we were at the ocean and had the heat running. It dried up during the day so may have just been the humidity there. Oh, one last thing - from personal experience... close the front door before you bend over to crank up the stabilizers... the bottom corner is sharp! ouch my back!

That sounds great. We just joined the forum yesterday after purchasing our own IKSS. So glad to hear the first testimonial of it in use. Unfortunately we're snow locked so I won't be picking it up until May. Do you mind me asking what fabric scheme you went with? My wife chose the Manhattan on Cherry, but they didn't have that one to view in person where we bought it.
Changes_In_Latitudes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 08:11 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Changes_In_Latitudes View Post
That sounds great. We just joined the forum yesterday after purchasing our own IKSS. So glad to hear the first testimonial of it in use. Unfortunately we're snow locked so I won't be picking it up until May. Do you mind me asking what fabric scheme you went with? My wife chose the Manhattan on Cherry, but they didn't have that one to view in person where we bought it.
We just purchased the ROO 23IKSS, the unit seen in the photos at Toppers in Waller, TX. It has the London Sky and Hickory interior which we both like. Makes the unit look brighter inside. I felt the Manahattan & Cherry made the unit look darker.
Photobill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 08:55 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Photobill View Post
We just purchased the ROO 23IKSS, the unit seen in the photos at Toppers in Waller, TX. It has the London Sky and Hickory interior which we both like. Makes the unit look brighter inside. I felt the Manahattan & Cherry made the unit look darker.
It did make it look darker, but what the boss wants.... the boss gets. Have you taken yours for a test run yet? I'm really curious (even a little nervous) about all of the forum threads on leaking at the bunk ends.

2011 GMC Sierra Denali 1500 6.2L (for towin')
2014 Roo 23IKSS (for campin')
2005 Monterey 180FS (for boatin')
Changes_In_Latitudes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 09:05 PM   #40

We got the Chesterfield with Hickory, but ours is the Shamrock so the Roo may have different patterns. I'm still trying to figure out what the difference is between Shamrock and Roo, they seem the same other than minor tweaks.

Here's the one we got - *Discount RV Sales - Metro Atlanta, GA

2012 Tundra Crew Max 5.7L iForce V8 w/Equal-i-zer 10K
2013 Shamrock 23IKSS
Nights camped in 2012 - 32; 2013 - 31; 2014 - 22 so far