Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-07-2013, 09:13 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by greg.thecoop View Post
We got the Chesterfield with Hickory, but ours is the Shamrock so the Roo may have different patterns. I'm still trying to figure out what the difference is between Shamrock and Roo, they seem the same other than minor tweaks.

Here's the one we got - *Discount RV Sales - Metro Atlanta, GA
Very nice. I like that pattern. The Shamrock is just about identical to the Roo. Strange. You said that you took yours out for a trip already, correct? Did you have any leak issues in the bunk ends?

2011 GMC Sierra Denali 1500 6.2L (for towin')
2014 Roo 23IKSS (for campin')
2005 Monterey 180FS (for boatin')
Changes_In_Latitudes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 09:14 PM   #42

Quote:
We got the Chesterfield with Hickory, but ours is the Shamrock so the Roo may have different patterns. I'm still trying to figure out what the difference is between Shamrock and Roo, they seem the same other than minor tweaks.

Here's the one we got - *Discount RV Sales - Metro Atlanta, GA
Congrats on the new camper. The difference between Roo and Shamrock is the decal on the side. They are made on the same line.
2012 Rockwood Roo 23SS
ddemme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 09:38 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Changes_In_Latitudes View Post
Very nice. I like that pattern. The Shamrock is just about identical to the Roo. Strange. You said that you took yours out for a trip already, correct? Did you have any leak issues in the bunk ends?
No I didn't say I took it out for a trip already. Haven't even picked it up yet. It's scheduled for pickup this Fri. but I may delay that for another week as I work out the details on the weight dist. hitch. Dealer is selling me a low end version at a high end cost. I've been advised on here to get a better brand name one for a lower cost. So may need to wait for that to come in, have the dealer install it before I pick up the unit.

At 1st I read all the stories about the leaks too and was concerned. But the leaks were with the older ROOs. The 2013 models have a new design on the bunk end to prevent them from leaking.
Photobill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 03:52 PM   #44
Site Team

Wow, after all the talk about this new floorplan, all of a sudden we have 3 new owners!
be sure to give everyone feedback on the new bunk system and how the awning over the kitchen slideout works out.

Roo and Shamrock are twin brands, the only difference being outside graphics and interior fabric patterns. but there are waayyy more Roo dealers than Shamrock dealers, including two well-known online dealers, RVW and RVDirect.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 03:58 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
Wow, after all the talk about this new floorplan, all of a sudden we have 3 new owners!
be sure to give everyone feedback on the new bunk system and how the awning over the kitchen slideout works out.

Roo and Shamrock are twin brands, the only difference being outside graphics and interior fabric patterns. but there are waayyy more Roo dealers than Shamrock dealers, including two well-known online dealers, RVW and RVDirect.
The dealer tells me they expect it to be a very popular floorplan. And I like all the space in it.
Old 01-08-2013, 04:10 PM   #46

Quote:
Picking up mine this Saturday. Got it for about 21K in Tucker GA. pecocamping.com. I'll post some feedback after we spend some time in it. We love the layout!
Seems like we paid about the same price. I paid $21K also. Picking mine up in 2 weeks when my Prodigy 2 Brake Conrtoller and Equalizer WD hitch come in.
Old 01-08-2013, 05:01 PM   #47

I had no issues with bed leaks, we had it out in the yard getting prepped/stored for 2 weeks both closed and opened and had a lot of rain during that time. We also had it by the beach near Destin opened for 10 days and had some good rain there as well. We had no leaks, the seals are well designed and seemed very tight when the bed ends are closed. The finish on the whole unit is very tight with caulking on every possible place you could put it. Quite impressed with it. Only issue with water is the auto slide awning on the large slide collects water on it. You just have to push up the middle with a broom or something to get it to drain off, or close the slide and reopen it. I've seen other posts with this common issue and some have built all kinds of fancy pvc braces to help it.

The bunk system uses steel cables and seem well secured and as strong as our supported beds in the pup. The only small issue we saw was the transition between the inside wooden edge of the bed opening and the tent covered area. There is about a 2 inch difference in height and with the mattress on it you can still feel it. The person on the outside would keep rolling into the middle of the bed. We think we will try putting some added padding or something under the mattress there to minimize the gap but more to come on that. Oh the mattresses are heated!

I went with the Equal-i-Zer brand WD hitch the 10K lb model. I paid like $850 for it including installation. You can get them online for about $500 or so with shipping, but it is in a box and in lots of pieces. It does need adjustment to fit your tow vehicle and trailer. I've never dealt with one so felt better paying the dealer to do the install and show me how to use it. It does take a little work to hitch / unhitch but the ride is supreme.

2012 Tundra Crew Max 5.7L iForce V8 w/Equal-i-zer 10K
2013 Shamrock 23IKSS
Nights camped in 2012 - 32; 2013 - 31; 2014 - 22 so far
greg.thecoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 06:18 PM   #48

Quote:
I had no issues with bed leaks, we had it out in the yard getting prepped/stored for 2 weeks both closed and opened and had a lot of rain during that time. We also had it by the beach near Destin opened for 10 days and had some good rain there as well. We had no leaks, the seals are well designed and seemed very tight when the bed ends are closed. The finish on the whole unit is very tight with caulking on every possible place you could put it. Quite impressed with it. Only issue with water is the auto slide awning on the large slide collects water on it. You just have to push up the middle with a broom or something to get it to drain off, or close the slide and reopen it. I've seen other posts with this common issue and some have built all kinds of fancy pvc braces to help it.

The bunk system uses steel cables and seem well secured and as strong as our supported beds in the pup. The only small issue we saw was the transition between the inside wooden edge of the bed opening and the tent covered area. There is about a 2 inch difference in height and with the mattress on it you can still feel it. The person on the outside would keep rolling into the middle of the bed. We think we will try putting some added padding or something under the mattress there to minimize the gap but more to come on that. Oh the mattresses are heated!

I went with the Equal-i-Zer brand WD hitch the 10K lb model. I paid like $850 for it including installation. You can get them online for about $500 or so with shipping, but it is in a box and in lots of pieces. It does need adjustment to fit your tow vehicle and trailer. I've never dealt with one so felt better paying the dealer to do the install and show me how to use it. It does take a little work to hitch / unhitch but the ride is supreme.
I saw a video on the setup and you can adjust one side of the awing lower than the other side to have the rain flow off the back side of the trailer. So you won't have that buildup in the middle.
Old 01-09-2013, 05:26 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Photobill View Post
Seems like we paid about the same price. I paid $21K also. Picking mine up in 2 weeks when my Prodigy 2 Brake Conrtoller and Equalizer WD hitch come in.

I'm at 21.3K, but that includes weight distriubtion/sway control purchase and installation.

Old 01-09-2013, 05:38 PM   #50

Quote:
I'm at 21.3K, but that includes weight distriubtion/sway control purchase and installation.
Well then you got a better deal than I did here in TX. I pick my unit up on the 18th when my hitch and brake controller arrives. Hopefully it will stop raining here by then.
Old 01-11-2013, 03:52 PM   #51

Quick question that I'm hoping one of you guys that already picked up your camper can answer. Do you know the brand/model of the bluetooth stereo/dvd that it comes with?

Also... very excited today. Called up RV dealer to talk about other dealer's prices, and they came down to $20.1K and including the weight distribution hitch and a 3100WT generator in that price. This snow needs to melt - I'm pumped for camping!

Old 01-11-2013, 04:05 PM   #52

Haven't picked mine up yet. Pick it up on the 18th. Waiting for the WD hitch to arrive today. That a good price. I paid $22952.00 with no hitch. But it has standard upgrades from the base model. Looking into RV insurance on it now. More money and then the cost to store it. I hope I have money left over for camping. :-)
Old 01-11-2013, 04:08 PM   #53

Quote:
Quick question that I'm hoping one of you guys that already picked up your camper can answer. Do you know the brand/model of the bluetooth stereo/dvd that it comes with?

Also... very excited today. Called up RV dealer to talk about other dealer's prices, and they came down to $20.1K and including the weight distribution hitch and a 3100WT generator in that price. This snow needs to melt - I'm pumped for camping!
That is a great price for that deal! Should have asked him to throw in a snow plow!

The radio system is a Genesis Technologies GT-2.0. It is ok feature wise but I never heard of this brand before. I have already purchased replacement speakers for inside the TT (polk audio db651), the dual cones leave something to be desired sound wise. The outside ones are next once I get brave enough to cut out holes for the polk audios.

Mine also doesn't seem to have all the wires installed to support playing dvd sound out of the TV, but that's an easy fix. The other strange thing I noticed is that to move the TV to the outside mount you have to fish the power cord up through the wall which seems near impossible to get it back in easily. oh well, we didn't have a TV in our PUP so just having it inside is a huge upgrade!

Enjoy that rig!

2012 Tundra Crew Max 5.7L iForce V8 w/Equal-i-zer 10K
2013 Shamrock 23IKSS
Nights camped in 2012 - 32; 2013 - 31; 2014 - 22 so far
greg.thecoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 05:38 PM   #54
Site Team

Quote:
The radio system is a Genesis Technologies GT-2.0. It is ok feature wise but I never heard of this brand before.
this is made by Concertone, a long time supplier of entertainment systems to the RV industry.
they had a bad reputation for a long time but have vastly improved over the past couple of years.
one of their reps posts here often and helps many out with figuring out issues they have.

here's their website:

Concertone® Home Page
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 08:11 PM   #55
Adventurer

Walked through this camper at the Ohio RV show today at the Cleveland IX Center. Ruff's RV was showing it. Tons of room on the inside. Definitely would have given the 233s I bought last year a run for the money if it was available in 2012.

I enjoyed the show and I walked away still very pleased with my Roo 233s selection I made last year and was not tempted to trade up or trade in. I do really like the new tv placement over the stove in the 2013's though.
Local Ohio CGs - West Branch SP
4kmprs is offline   Reply With Quote