Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-14-2013, 10:29 PM   #1
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 7
23 IKSS Sofa

Hi Guys,

New to the forum and wanted to ask owners of the 23IKSS about the standard sofa.

Does it turn into a bed? I bought a trailer and have not picked it up yet and silly enough I just assumed the sofa would fold into a bed... It is not a deal breaker I will just be mildly disappointed.

I pick it up in a few weeks.

Thanks for the help.
__________________

__________________
clarkki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 11:01 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus
 
Dave_Monica's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 4,329
Welcome to the forum!

I checked on RVW's site for the 23IKSS and the list the air bed as an option. If you didn't order it that way, it will be a standard sofa.

Dave

Edit: If the camper is ordered but not built, you could still have the air bed added through the dealer.
__________________

__________________


Nights camped in 2013 - 55, 2014 - 105, 2015 - 63
Dave_Monica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 12:01 AM   #3
Moderators' Assistant
 
bikendan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Camano Island, Washington
Posts: 13,302
i believe the standard sofa is a jackknife sofa that folds down into a bed. but don't know for sure.
__________________
Dan-Retired Firefighter/EMT
Shawn-Musician/Entrepreneur/Wine Expert
and Zoe the Wonder Dog(R.I.P.)
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Equalizer WDH and Prodigy BC
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 09:02 AM   #4
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 7
I am pretty sure it is the same sofa from the 21ss. I bought it off the lot on RVDirect.com.
__________________
clarkki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 01:33 PM   #5
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 15
My 2013 23 IKSS has a futon type sofa. It folds flat into a bed--for kids or short people.
__________________
mosesmcrae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 01:50 PM   #6
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 58
I just bought a 23IKSS and inquired into the sofa option. The standard sofa is mounted on top of a fixed cabinet and folds out to a bed. The air bed sofa option is standalone and therefore would need the lower cabinet removed to put the sofa in place.

The drawback to the air bed sofa is it only a single bed (39") when the air mattress is inflated.

Overall the standard sofa is 58" wide and I have never really seen it folded out to a bed but it does not sound like it would be big enough for a full grown adult to get a good night sleep. The air bed sofa would be a better idea but only for one.

Hope this helps
__________________
Gregg, Karen and Devin


2013 Shamrock 23IKSS
2012 F150 FX4 5.0L
Engauge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 09:16 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 407
Quote:
Originally Posted by Engauge View Post
I just bought a 23IKSS and inquired into the sofa option. The standard sofa is mounted on top of a fixed cabinet and folds out to a bed. The air bed sofa option is standalone and therefore would need the lower cabinet removed to put the sofa in place.

The drawback to the air bed sofa is it only a single bed (39") when the air mattress is inflated.

Overall the standard sofa is 58" wide and I have never really seen it folded out to a bed but it does not sound like it would be big enough for a full grown adult to get a good night sleep. The air bed sofa would be a better idea but only for one.

Hope this helps
Please check my photos out. The air bed sofa is a double and has storage underneath, with no cabinet.



__________________
Regards,
Wayne
2014 Flagstaff Super Lite 27RLWS Emerald Edition | Equal-i-zer 1200/12,000 4-point WDH
2010 GMC Sierra SLE 5.3L | K&N filter | Hypertech Max Energy tune | Prodigy P3
Wmoses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 09:42 PM   #8
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmoses View Post
Please check my photos out. The air bed sofa is a double and has storage underneath, with no cabinet.



The cabinet is with the standard sofa. The storage under the air bed is what I expected. Looks larger and more accessible than standard sofa. Have you inflated the mattress yet. From what the dealer told me it is the size of a single bed. Either way it would he more comfortable than the fold out.
__________________
Gregg, Karen and Devin


2013 Shamrock 23IKSS
2012 F150 FX4 5.0L
Engauge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 09:53 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 407
Quote:
Originally Posted by Engauge View Post
The cabinet is with the standard sofa. The storage under the air bed is what I expected. Looks larger and more accessible than standard sofa. Have you inflated the mattress yet. From what the dealer told me it is the size of a single bed. Either way it would he more comfortable than the fold out.
I don't have ths RV. The photos you see are at the dealer, and I did not have them inflate the air mattress. I am assuming that the mattress is a double because of the uninflated width of the mattress, which is about the full width of the sofa, itself wide enough to seat 3 persons. Put it another way, if that air mattress inflates to a single bed, I'd bet the person on it would fall off as it would have to have a round upper surface.
__________________

__________________
Regards,
Wayne
2014 Flagstaff Super Lite 27RLWS Emerald Edition | Equal-i-zer 1200/12,000 4-point WDH
2010 GMC Sierra SLE 5.3L | K&N filter | Hypertech Max Energy tune | Prodigy P3
Wmoses is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:36 AM.