Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-25-2013, 10:19 PM   #1

233s

Hello I just got my 2013 233s back from dealer today, they had replaced the front bunk door due to the rivets being pushed in to far and bending the frame. I am very picky about my things, so they repaced the front door with an updated model from 2014, it looks much bulkier and has a different decal in it than the rest, wondering if I could at least get forest river to change the decal to the older year or change the other two to the newer style? Also they replaced my outside table cause the last one separated all the way around the outside, but now they gave me a different color one? I'm going to call tomorrow and see if they can order me a new one the same color as my old one, I assume they just took one out of another unit. They also had to replace the awning skin, looks all wrinkly as on right now but they say it will work itself out while sitting in the sun :/ I asked them to fix the wiggly kitchen table but didn't do anything about that. Gonna ask again tomorrow when I call, they did an ok job on the door but you can tell its different and has been replaced. Silicone from the factory looks way better than dealer did it ...
urocav2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 04:29 PM   #2

Did they replace your door at the dealer or did they send it back to the factory? Reason I ask is I need all 3 mine replaced.
jdubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 04:47 PM   #3

The dealer did it, why are you getting all 3 replaced? Under warranty ?
Old 07-28-2013, 05:09 PM   #4

I haven't reported the problem yet because I want to keep camping while the weather is good but all 3 of my doors are bending at the hinge. I read another thread where a guy had the same exact problem and they replaced his door so I figure I will have to have the same.
Old 07-28-2013, 05:31 PM   #5

You should report the problem as soon as possible, They take 4-6 weeks to even get the parts in, you will notice that the if the hinge starts to bend that the seal on the top pf the door will be slightly visible, when they replace the door it will most likely be an updated version, a newer style door, I just got my door installed and it rained out here and the seams are leaking quite a bit so im hoping the others are right and they just have to season in a few times get wet and then dry, My other two bunks have never leaked at all sisnce ive owned it so i dunno. Good luck
Old 07-28-2013, 05:32 PM   #6

When they replace the door the literally take the who assembly out of the coach and put a new one in canvas and all its all one piece.
Old 07-29-2013, 09:57 PM   #7

Stupid spell check!! They take the whole assembly out of the coach
Old 07-30-2013, 04:31 AM   #8
Incheon, S. Korea

This thread is confidence inspiring. Yikes! All three doors?
BigBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 08:37 AM   #9

I guess we all need to keep an eye on our hinges to make sure they are not bending :/ mine have a lot of play in them, you can move the door up and down a little when the doors are open, seems as if the rivets are a little loose
Old 07-30-2013, 08:36 PM   #10

My hinges are not bending, it's the corner of the doors....exactly like the pics in this thread.

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...sue-34718.html

But it is happening on all three doors and my 233s is a 2013 model.
Old 07-30-2013, 09:28 PM   #11

That's exactly what my door looked like before they replaced it!! The other two are not doing this yet but I hope it does while under warranty, anyone know the exact cause of this?
Old 08-01-2013, 09:22 AM   #12
Incheon, S. Korea

Wow. My trailer's problems from the factory are relatively minor compared to this.
BigBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 09:33 AM   #13

Yeah , they have put a new awning skin on my unit, new front bunk door, new microwave, adjusted the door a few times, new outside table, repaired grill igniter, they are waiting for a new seal for the slide as a piece of it is cracked, they are waiting for forest river to give them authorization to Friday wan my table, have us a new bunk fan already and now the slide is starting to make a black line in the floor where it closes, I've only owned it since may and have gone on about 5 trips with it, hopefully this will not be a pattern after warrant

Tags
expandable, hybrid, shamrock