Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-26-2012, 09:59 AM   #1

Question 233S interior lights

I just ordered a 2013 233S

I am gathering up a few things I will need before it comes.

What model number are the interior lights???

I plan on ordering some LED replacements and need to know what lights the interior has.
Mad4sax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 10:22 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Type 921

Specifically, if you plan to order these on Ebay, they usually come with a variety of adapters. The T10 Wedge Base LED bulbs replaces the OEM bulb type 921 wedge base bulb in an RV.

2012 Shamrock 233S
2008 Toyota Sequoia 5.7L 4WD
Triguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 04:01 PM   #3
jbdbsb

LED's are the way to go! I dry camp 99% so power consumption is critical. One quality LED uses a 1/10 the power of regular bulbs- That's 10 LED's to one incandescent bulb folks! Plus they produce almost NO heat. But watchout, there are good LED's and lousy LED's. Don't go cheap! You can really get cheap, like a dollar a piece, but you get what you pay for. They are generally an ugly "white" light and some of them turn blue'ish after they're fully warmed up. I spent $20.00 a piece and that was on E-bay! The E-bay seller is frank-warehouse I have no affiliation with him/her. So far these LED's are the best I've used. As shown they are flat rectangular and take about ten seconds to install! They provide a light right on par with an incandescent, nice soft white color. My wife, who hates LED, likes these! Again, they are expensive, but should last years. I also changed all my outside lights tail lights, Porch and even running lights to LED. I used the cheaper very small 194 for running lights. Ten (yep 10) for just a few bucks, those are fine. The interior is where you spend the money.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	$(KGrHqZ,!qgE-y+Ppm)yBPwstL2Ggg~~60_12[1].jpg
Views:	244
Size:	17.6 KB
ID:	14540  
Attached Images

jbdbsb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 04:45 PM   #4

I agree... going LED for interior bulbs is the way to go, even with the expense. The added improvement in longer battery use greatly helps.

2021 Coachman FE 257BHS
2014 Nissan Armada
Papa & Nana, 5 daughters & 5 grandkids.
Former RV’s: 2009 Rockwood Roo 23ss, 1999 Coleman Niagara, 1978 Apache Popup
jpgowin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 01:06 PM   #5

21SS the same?

Our 21SS should arrive in the next two weeks, and we too are gathering a few things for mods in advance of our annual 10-day boondock trip (we are upgrading from a pop-up).

I'll assume, unless some nice person corrects me, that the 21SS will need the same replacement bulbs as the rest of the roo expandable line?

Anyone with a 21SS know how many interior fixtures there are?

Thanks!

mb
mbvell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 05:50 PM   #6

My 2012 21ss has 6 regular interior fixtures, with 2 bulbs each. There is also a larger 3 bulb fixture over the dining table. Over the couch there are 2 spot light type fixtures, each with a single bulb. Each of the bunk ends also has a light/fan combo that's clips to the rafter pole with 1 bulb each. The stove vent hood also has a single bulb light. That is 20 interior bulbs if I counted right. Outside there is a single bulb porch light and a single bulb work light at front of the camper near the hitch. All the interior lights are 921 wedge base type bulbs and the exterior bulbs are 1141 bayonet base type. I chose www.prudentrver.com for my replacement LEDs. I used them for 2 years in my popup, and was pleaded with their quality so I stuck with them in the Roo. There are countless brands, types, and places to purchase LEDs, but as others have said cheaper is not always better. You get what you pay for in terms of quality, light color, heat production, etc... Don't skimp. It can be a costly mod but well worth it in terms of power conservation. I just returned from 18 days of dry camping, made possible largely by the lower power usage of my LED upgrade, especially since there were fire restrictions in CO this year and we found ourselves inside the camper hours earlier than normal each night.
Old 07-17-2012, 09:58 AM   #7

Thanks a ton, Newtxs... We are weeks away from a our annual 10 day camp adventure in Buffalo Creek (CO). In years past I never let anyone use any interior lights for fear that we'd run out of juice, but I am hoping that this year the combination of LEDs and a solar trickle charger will let us "see the light"!

Thanks again!
mbvell is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
233, 233s