Old 05-26-2016, 08:51 AM   #11
Thanks for the replies. We are taking it out this weekend, so I'll dig around and see what I can do.

mitchlandry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 09:12 PM   #12
I reworked the wiring in our 23IKSS last year. All the 120 volt outlets in and outside the trailer were on one 15 amp circuit which first fed power to the GFI receptacle in the bathroom and then to all the others including the one on the island and the kitchen counter. I actually did not add any wire to the circuit at all and actually took out 30 feet of wire the factory had installed in the process. I added one duplex 15 amp circuit breaker to the panel. I took out the rv receptacles from the island and kitchen counter and cut in residential type rework boxes deep enough to use a GFI receptacle in each one. Now I have a single circuit for the island and one for the counter by the stove. I could not believe how the factory had run the wiring in the camper, like I said, I took out 30 feet of wire in the process and did not add any at all and still have everything working. By the way I have been an electrician for 43 years now.

RCCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 09:39 PM   #13
Recommend the PI HW30 which gives you power protection and a display to watch your amperage.
2008 Dodge Durango
2015 Roo 23 ikss
deartruc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 09:14 AM   #14
RCCS I am going to do the same to my 23IKSS. We are out in it for the first time and popped the breaker when we turned on the coffee maker as the electric skillet was been used for pancakes. How did you route the wiring for the two new circuits for the island outlets and counter top outlet?

2017 Shamrock 23IKSS
2011 Ram 1500
2017 Shamrock 23IKSS
2011 Ram 1500
cheeseheadjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 01:49 PM   #15
Take The Road Less Travld
Just take it back and let the dealer fix it. I had this same issue on a 2007 when it was new. Guess they still have the same people working there
"Take The Road Less Traveled"
2013 Rockwood Roo 233s
2013 Ford F150 FX4
I've been an RVer since 2007, Lifetime Camper
MuddauberE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2016, 02:58 PM   #16
Extension cord

We do the same as jking46 - run an extension cord from the pole thru a bunk to the second heater. Not a permanent fix, but cheap & easy.

Flashg_123 is offline   Reply With Quote

233, 233s, wiring, electrical