Old 08-05-2016, 03:50 PM   #11
Take The Road Less Travld

I own a 2013 233s Roo that we bought new and have never regretted getting this one over any other Roo model. We upgraded from a Rockwood HW276 pup which had a lot of amenities in it as well. The only thing that I have not resolved yet is counter space. The roo doesn't have much of it but where that lacked, it gained in many other categories. When it's closed you are still able to get to everything for loading and unloading. The 23ikss was really nice, but when closed, you were not able to get to the fridge easily. Now models have all changed since 2013, but the 233s still seems to be a nice model.

I've been an RVer since 2007, Lifetime Camper
Gotta love the Outdoors, Disconnect and Enjoy Nature!
MuddauberE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 06:26 PM   #12
Summer2Go

The bottom line for me is not having a gigundo tow vehicle. I like using the same SUV for everything all year long, as we only camp in the summer. I can tow the 183 fine with my explorer, but can't go bigger. That is the choice. The 183 doesn't have all the interior space, but it does just fine. We can fit 6 adult type people in that booth table, if we have to. Some of us watch tv from the end bunk, or we turn the tv to the back 2 bunks and have movies in bed. We are usually going places, or hanging out outside anyway.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums

Old 08-05-2016, 09:13 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summer2Go View Post
The bottom line for me is not having a gigundo tow vehicle. I like using the same SUV for everything all year long, as we only camp in the summer. I can tow the 183 fine with my explorer, but can't go bigger. That is the choice. The 183 doesn't have all the interior space, but it does just fine. We can fit 6 adult type people in that booth table, if we have to. Some of us watch tv from the end bunk, or we turn the tv to the back 2 bunks and have movies in bed. We are usually going places, or hanging out outside anyway.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Not to mention: You can get into a lot of sites that others can't. Just watched a 5ver try to back into a site tonight. He ended up just pulling in truck first until the rear of the 5ver was off the road. He's angled into the site. Fortunately, he's with the guy in the MH next to him. That MH isn't getting out until that 5ver backs out when the weekend's over!

2016 Mini Lite 2503S - tt (2015 - ???)
2011 Traverse LT, 3.6L, FWD
2009 Silverado 1500 Ext Cab, 5.3L, 4x4, 3.73
2016 Silverado 2500HD Dbl Cab, 6.0L 4x4, 4.10
rockfordroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 08:37 PM   #14

Thanks for all the replies. For 233S owners: can you still put down and access the front bunk if you don't push the slide out? Anyone have a pic of the inside with the slide closed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-24-2016, 08:47 PM   #15

Yes it can be done, but I don't have any pictures to show. The access to the front bunk with the slide in is still bigger than the rear bunk access. I would guess the slide takes about 2 1/2' of space, leaving the remainder for bunk access if so desired. You do still have the sofa there on the right side though.
Old 08-24-2016, 09:27 PM   #16

We bought a 183 a month ago and so far love it. I would agree with others that if you have the space you will use it. We wanted something that we could easily pull with what we had and had enough beds that we didn't have to make down the dinette for a bed. To us the inside entertainment was not that important as we spend most of our time outside. Maybe we'll feel different when the kids are bigger, but for now the 183 checked all the boxes we were looking for in a tt.
Old 08-25-2016, 08:28 AM   #17

This has been helpful. Let's move onto outside storage. Coming from a Popup, outside storage is important. I have looked at the Coachmen 23qtx and that appears to have some decent outside storage. What bout the 233S?

Main things I would want to store outside is the grill, camping chairs (4), and the awning rug...is this doable? Storage on the outside seems a bit lacking
Old 08-25-2016, 10:38 AM   #18

233 outside storage is very lacking IMO. The side attach grill fits fine as well as an awning rug, but you may be pressed to fit camping chairs. We just leave ours in the TV as they are not only for camping, but used for other activities as well. If you are talking a different grill, then I can't comment on fitment.

There are only 3 exterior storage compartments on the 233.
One on the connection side that will open to full space under dinette. Although door is smaller, it does open to fairly decent space.
One on camp side that opens under sofa. this is where the grill is stored and fits. you could possibly fit camp chairs, but never tried, mine is filled with other stuff.
One on the rear left, fairly small, maybe a 18"x18" door and opens to a little bigger space.

Beyond that, we make space in various interior storage, but we also don't have a lot to pack yet. Our first TT, so we pickup as we need stuff as on each outing, we typically find something we need.
Old 08-25-2016, 09:08 PM   #19
Moderators' Assistant

Have only seen 1 or 2 hybrid floorplans that had storage big enough for campchairs.
Nearly all hybrids have limited outside storage.
But they definitely have much more interior storage compared to pups.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing an '07 Chevy Avalanche
Equalizer WDH and Prodigy BC
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 12:43 PM   #20
Hybrid_Lvr

Since we never boondock and I never intend to carry water I cut up access holes in sides of tank to store leveling wood, axe, etc. Grill and chairs can lay on floor of 233S between couch and dinette during travel.

Tags
233, 233s