Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-21-2011, 05:51 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgregdavis View Post
Hey Folks,

We just purchased the 233S and are picking it up tomorrow. We are very excited and are already planning our first trip with the kids (3). The posts are great information and I look forward to more information being posted. This is our first TT and does anybody have any hints about the Roo 233S that we need to be aware of before we get going on our first trip? Thanks in advance!!!

Greg
Welcome!!!
Previously:
2005 Fleetwood Seapine, 2012 Rockwood Roo
2015 Sunseeker, 2017 Fleetwood Pace Arrow
hockeytownmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 05:29 PM   #22

How did everyone get the safety glass stickers off the windows?
Previously:
Old 03-23-2011, 10:15 PM   #23
rbq

Make sure that you check as much out as you can at the dealer. We found out that the side bed had never been opened. When we opened it we found that it had been outfitted with the cables for the front bed which are longer cables, so the bed would not sit level. Dealer ordered new cables & within a week we got them & put them on. Works great now. Love the heated mattresses.
rbq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 10:55 PM   #24

Congrats....and welcome!

Not sure how good your walkthrough was at the dealer....but, RVwholesalers has a six part video series on the roo set up and such.....
I got more out of that than at the walkthrough. There is a ton of info on this forum so I would spend time checking out the different threads. I would also suggest you start a setup and teardown checklist.....it will help make sure everything gets attention......Enjoy
Equal-i-zer Hitch
Jakearoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 11:04 PM   #25

Hockeytownmom;

I use WD-40 to get stickers and such off......spray it on (catch the drips with paper towel).....let it work for several minutes, and use a single edge razor blade handle to scrape it off. Second application might be needed.....follow up with a little Windex and your set. I use WD-40 to remove stickers and such from many hard surfaces.....it works great.
Equal-i-zer Hitch
Old 03-24-2011, 06:53 AM   #26

Thanks Jackearoo.

Our walk through SUCKED! The guy doing the walk through didn't know about it until 5 minutes after we arrived. He was short handed, so he kept wandering off to do other things. Are those videos online from RVW?
Previously:
Old 03-24-2011, 07:33 AM   #27

Looks good.

OK, open question for anybody.

How do you figure out how much shoring to use to level side to side. I came from a PUP and had a Ball single axle leveler. Very easy to use so I never worried about things like this. Is there a formula to use or is it trial and error?
drs244 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 07:51 AM   #28

I'm in the same boat and a bit overwhelmed with leveling.
Previously:
Old 03-24-2011, 08:40 AM   #29

RVW has a ton of videos (over 600) online ranging from 1 minute views of different models they sell to walkthroughs. The 6 part walkthrough is titled "2010 Rockwood Roo Walkthrough part X." While it covers last year's models, it is still worth watching. The RVW videos can be found @ http://www.rvwholesalers.com/rv-videos/index.php. There is a search engine on the page.

On the leveling, it will be trial and error the first few times. The key is to position the trailer where you want it on the site and then move it ~4 feet (forward or back)....place your blocking and return the camper to the desired spot. The amount of blocking you will need versus your level reading will take a few tries get down. There are a few links to some leveling procedures and blocking systems for tandems. You can use the search engine on the forum to check them out.

Hope this helps.
Equal-i-zer Hitch
Old 03-24-2011, 12:57 PM   #30
Site Team

it's some trial and error.
first, side to side is done while still hooked to the TV.
some make it easier by putting RV levels on the outside of the trailer, so side to side would need one on the front, to be visible.
most use Lynx Levelers or CW's version, that are stackable. others just use wood blocks.
once side to side is good, then you unhook and use the tongue jack for front to back.

having outside levels attached, make it easier for the outside person to see how level it is, without going inside the trailer.
of course, you have to have the trailer completely level, before attaching these levels to the trailer.
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 01:08 PM   #31

Jakearoo / Bikendan,

Thanks for the information. Looks like I’ll be kicking back in the easy chair watching videos all night.

I'm good at the parking...pulling forward and backing several times, getting out and mumbling, scratching my head, looking as if I know what I am doing, etc.

It's the small details like getting the darn thing level which blows my mind. J
drs244 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 01:20 PM   #32
(Kim)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeytownmom View Post
Okay, I thought it would be fun to have our own thread since so many new owners are popping up. I'd love to hear about your modifications/pictures, problems, solutions, anything that could help other owners. Don't forget an introduction!!

I'm Kristina, I live in Waterford Michigan. My husband and I have 5 children and we outgrew our Fleetwood Sea Pine years ago! We decided it was time to upgrade when we packed up the PUP at 10pm to avoid the rain that was coming on our last day on vacation. We were looking at the 183, but our Honda Pilot couldn't tow it, so we upgraded tow vehicle to a Suburban and then decided bigger is better! Our purchase was final February 12th, but decided to keep it there until spring. With dance recitals and hockey, we'll pick it up on the 19th, the only open weekend for the next 2 months.
Hi!!!
I dont have a 233s lol, but 'hey" anyways
You live right across the river from me, so if you go to any good campgrounds in Michigan please let me know!!!!!
My daughter was eyeing the waterslide at Addison Oaks in a magazine we have (I think thats where it was) so, a heads-up prior to booking at any site would be greatly appreciated!!!

Kim

Go Wings!!!!!!
DH (Alan), DD (Madison) and Zoey the lab,
Labzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 07:21 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labzy View Post
Hi!!!
I dont have a 233s lol, but 'hey" anyways
You live right across the river from me, so if you go to any good campgrounds in Michigan please let me know!!!!!
My daughter was eyeing the waterslide at Addison Oaks in a magazine we have (I think thats where it was) so, a heads-up prior to booking at any site would be greatly appreciated!!!

Kim

Go Wings!!!!!!
Addison Oaks isn't far from me, but we haven't been there yet. Have you been to Mackinaw Mill Creek? It's one of our favorites.
Previously:
Old 03-24-2011, 08:00 PM   #34
rbq

Hopkins levels have markings on them that tell you how much height you need to add to get to level. I have them, but am waiting to get to a level place to install them & for it warm a little so that I know that they will stick properly.
The RVwholesalers setup video is also available on youtube.
rbq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 07:38 PM   #35
(Kim)

Quote:
Addison Oaks isn't far from me, but we haven't been there yet. Have you been to Mackinaw Mill Creek? It's one of our favorites.
No, I haven't. I've been to some campgrounds in Northern Michigan, but that was years ago, and in a tent!!!
I think next year we will try some out, but for this year I think we will mainly be in Ontario. Although, I was considering somewhere near Cedar Point, for a night. Any suggestions??
Old 03-25-2011, 09:02 PM   #36

I've never done camping at CP. I haven't been there since I was 14. You should check out the FROG Mini Rally. A bunch of us are meeting in July at Maumee Bay campground in OH.
Previously:
Old 03-25-2011, 09:23 PM   #37

I just took delivery of my 233S about 6 weeks ago. However I've got a Shamrock, which is basically the same thing as a Roo, except for the interior color choices. The Shamrock dealer is about an hour closer than the Roo dealer, and that dealer matched RVW's price.

Unfortunately we're still locked in winter's grip here. Just got ANOTHER 7 inches of snow on Wed. I'm SO ready for the snow to be gone and for the camping to begin! We've got 4 boys to pack into the 233S and by all appearances there will be plenty of room for a friend.
DocWisconsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 10:48 PM   #38
(Kim)

Quote:
I've never done camping at CP. I haven't been there since I was 14. You should check out the FROG Mini Rally. A bunch of us are meeting in July at Maumee Bay campground in OH.
Hmmm... sounds like you need to go back to Cedar Point soon!!!!
I love the Raptor, and the Halloween Haunted Houses are awesome!!!!!!
You just forget how much fun it is!!!!!
Old 03-27-2011, 07:53 PM   #39

Welcome Doc!!
Previously:

Tags
233, 233s