Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-26-2013, 10:10 PM   #21
Senior Member
 
FourWheelers's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by TK421 View Post

The camper is closed up but I took a few pictures to give you an idea what the bins look like and what bins we use.
Thanks for the pics! Looks like I'm going to Wal-Mart...
__________________

__________________
FourWheelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 10:13 PM   #22
Senior Member
 
urocav2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 560
X2 on the pics thanks
__________________

__________________
urocav2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 10:41 AM   #23
Junior Member
 
Campman33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Bellwood, Pa
Posts: 7
It's getting to that heater season! As a new owner of a 233s, a question I have is, is the furnace just propane or is it electric as well? Just curious because I couldn't find it in the manual anywhere and I will be taking it out for the first time before I winterize it at the end of October. Thanks.
__________________
Campman33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 11:05 AM   #24
Senior Member
 
KMP44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Central New York
Posts: 1,025
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campman33 View Post
It's getting to that heater season! As a new owner of a 233s, a question I have is, is the furnace just propane or is it electric as well? Just curious because I couldn't find it in the manual anywhere and I will be taking it out for the first time before I winterize it at the end of October. Thanks.
Striclty fueled by propane, but you need 12V power as well for the controls and CO detector.
__________________


2017 F-250
2013 Rockwood Roo 23 IKSS
KMP44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 11:19 AM   #25
Fulltime family RVer
 
ependydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 14,779
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMP44 View Post
Striclty fueled by propane, but you need 12V power as well for the controls and CO detector.
(Sorry, I don't know this camper nor much about furnaces..) BUT- doesn't it have a fan on it to blow the hot air into the unit? Would that fan be electric?
__________________
2012 Ram 3500 DRW/crew cab/long bed/4x4/4.10 gears pulling an early 2013 Sabre 36QBOK
Checkout my site for RVing tips, tricks, and info | My family and I have fulltimed since June 2015
ependydad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 11:32 AM   #26
Senior Member
 
KMP44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Central New York
Posts: 1,025
Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
(Sorry, I don't know this camper nor much about furnaces..) BUT- doesn't it have a fan on it to blow the hot air into the unit? Would that fan be electric?
Yes - should have said 12v for controls & fan...

But its not like the fridge, where you could run exclusively on electric. The heat only comes from propane.
__________________


2017 F-250
2013 Rockwood Roo 23 IKSS
KMP44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 11:38 AM   #27
Fulltime family RVer
 
ependydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 14,779
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMP44 View Post
But its not like the fridge, where you could run exclusively on electric. The heat only comes from propane.
Oh, right- of course. I didn't think of it that way.

And, sadly- I know that one all too well. I've ran out of propane twice before I finally wised up to reading my changeover. Once (in FLORIDA of all places) I had to go to the gas station and buy a regular 18lb tank to get through until the propane filling station opened.
__________________
2012 Ram 3500 DRW/crew cab/long bed/4x4/4.10 gears pulling an early 2013 Sabre 36QBOK
Checkout my site for RVing tips, tricks, and info | My family and I have fulltimed since June 2015
ependydad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 11:40 AM   #28
Junior Member
 
Campman33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Bellwood, Pa
Posts: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMP44 View Post

Striclty fueled by propane, but you need 12V power as well for the controls and CO detector.
Ok. Thank you. I should be all set to go then.
__________________
Campman33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 12:44 PM   #29
Moderators' Assistant
 
bikendan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Camano Island, Washington
Posts: 13,295
Campman, be aware that if you are dry camping or boondocking, the furnace is the trailer's biggest power hog on the its battery.
that's why most of us dry campers/boondockers have at least two deep cycle batteries, along with a generator or solar system.
you'll run out of battery power way before you run out of propane.

if you have hookups, most of us use an ceramic heater to run and allow the trailer's furnace to supplement the ceramic heater.
__________________
Dan-Retired Firefighter/EMT
Shawn-Musician/Entrepreneur/Wine Expert
and Zoe the Wonder Dog(R.I.P.)
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Equalizer WDH and Prodigy BC
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 02:11 PM   #30
Senior Member
 
FourWheelers's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
Campman, be aware that if you are dry camping or boondocking, the furnace is the trailer's biggest power hog on the its battery. that's why most of us dry campers/boondockers have at least two deep cycle batteries, along with a generator or solar system. you'll run out of battery power way before you run out of propane. if you have hookups, most of us use an ceramic heater to run and allow the trailer's furnace to supplement the ceramic heater.
Thanks for the ceramic heater tip! I'm leaving tomorrow for the maiden voyage with my 233s and it promises to be cool in PA.
Might save some propane with this tip.
__________________

__________________
FourWheelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
233, 233s

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:37 PM.