Old 06-30-2013, 09:17 PM   #11

Thanks!

Scottnlaura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 11:13 PM   #12

Your new Roo is going to be much harder to pull than your old 4500 popup. Main problem is drag. Like pulling a big sail. And not all "X" brand trucks are equal. Example: 5.3L Silverado has several different tow ratings depending on rear differential gear ratio, 2 vs 4 wheel drive, standard, extended or crew cab, etc. My 5.3L extended cab 4WD is rated for 5,900lb, 7,500lbs or 8,500 lbs depending on whether it has a 3.42, 3.73, or 4.10 rear end. I don't know a lot about your Titan, but I would strongly suggest you figure out exactly what it's rated for in your configuration. My opinion in reading may of these forum discussions is that there are a heck of a lot of folks out there running above their TV's tow rating.

Old 07-01-2013, 01:13 AM   #13

Mine came with the LED's under the awning I thought that was standard on the 2014's? And yes the power jack is great! Did you get the slide cover for the couch slide? It is an option , but it is well worth it for keeping debree off the slide.
Old 07-01-2013, 10:29 AM   #14

[QUOTE=

Do you know if the awning has to be out with the kitchen slide open? Wondering if that's sealed so rain can't get in without the awning....

And did the lip in the bunks bother you? I noticed they drop down fom the wood inside the tt[/QUOTE]

Congrats on the new rig. The kitchen slide is setup so you can put it out before the awning is out or after. Doesn't matter as there is plenty of clearance when extending or retracting the awning. Once it is fully extended, the awning still has som clearance over the top of the slide. With a steep pitch on the awning it may touch the slide, but there are no sharp corners. Ours was touching a little this weekend as we were in some heavy rain, but I don't see anyway it would cause a tear or any other problems.

That slide has heavy seals all around so you can leave it out with awning retracted without worry. We have had ours out in the yard for a week or so in steady rain without the awing covering it - no leaks. Seems like FR really did good job on the design for that new floorplan. The only probnlem we have had since buying it is finding more time to camp.

Kevin

2017 F-250
2013 Rockwood Roo 23 IKSS
KMP44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 09:20 PM   #15

Rockfordroo, my titan has the tow package and rated to 9500lbs, although pulling it will be different from our pup!

Grady I hope it's standard! I contacted our dealer today and still waiting for an answer. Funny thing is I was told the slide cover on the couch side is standard...but it is listed on our buy sheet.

Kmp44, thanks for the info! Finding the time is the issue! We do have a week long trip planned for July, long weekend in August and week plus in October for Disney though.
Old 07-01-2013, 09:55 PM   #16
Moderators' Assistant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottnlaura View Post
Grady I hope it's standard! I contacted our dealer today and still waiting for an answer. Funny thing is I was told the slide cover on the couch side is standard...but it is listed on our buy sheet.
slide toppers are almost ALWAYS an option. only the most expensive RV's would have them standard.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Equalizer WDH and Prodigy BC
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 11:08 PM   #17

Finally picking up our new Roo tomorrow morning. Dealer had sold several other trailers before we bought ours so those people were ahead of us for dealer walk through so we did not get it in time for our 4th of July camping trip. Been busy with other things this past week so did not have a chance to get it and also dealer does not start a new buyer walk through after 3:30 because techs shift is done at 5:00 so I made our appointment for this Saturday.
Old 07-15-2013, 07:07 PM   #18

Rccs
How did delivery go?
Any surprises pleasant or otherwise with your roo?

I can't get a delivery date for ours.....can't believe there isn't someone that can provide a date!
Old 07-21-2013, 10:41 PM   #19

Picked up our Roo on the 13th. Used it for the first time this weekend for our family reunion/campout. Love the Roo, had no problems with it what so ever unless you count all the people we had to show it to each day. I think just about all my relation took a tour. Most were very impressed with the amount of room in it once they got inside and of course I had to show each one of them all the fancy features it comes with.
Old 07-22-2013, 09:41 AM   #20

We just returned from our inaugural camping trip with ours and LOVED it! I suspect you will too when you get it.

Our 2011 QX56 (no longer identical but still similar to your Armada should you use that) towed it just fine with the Equalizer Hitch and Prodigy P2 brake controller. We only packed a light load until we could get to the scales for a reference point. We weighed it on our return trip with all passengers and a full tank of gas. All of the axle weights were well below their max. Scales were backed up so we will get tongue weight next time out.

I suspect the main difference you will feel versus your popup is the suck in/then out when a tractor trailer goes by. This is just the nature of towing something so large. We were told to stay alert and pay attention to what is coming up behind you so that you have both hands firmly on the wheel when it happens. We did as told and had no problems. FYI... we also invested in the Camco Tow-N-See Mirrors and were very pleased with their performance. They were the only choice for us due to the camera system on our TV. We were leery of the suction cup nature at first but if you follow the directions exactly they will stay on. Just don't over-tighten and strip the mechanism. We used ours on the interstate and they stayed on the whole trip!

Hope you get yours soon if you haven't already - enjoy!!!