Old 06-29-2013, 11:18 PM   #1

23ikss

We just bought a 2014 23ikss Roo today. Will take delivery sometime next week. Hope we will enjoy it as much as we think we will, a little nervous about towing a trailer that big since we have only had a popup camper for the last 17 years. Don't expect to much trouble getting used to it though.

Old 06-30-2013, 12:29 AM   #2
Moderators' Assistant

welcome to the "Roo Kroo"!!!!

we went to a 23SS, also after having two popups for 17 years.
took a little getting used to but having a overly capable tow vehicle made it an easy transition.

had read too many that used a marginal tow vehicle with little or no towing capacity left over and learned from their mistakes.

2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Equalizer WDH and Prodigy BC
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 01:47 AM   #3

Congrats!! You will love the 23ikss...I have had mine since april and it is a great TT I can not say anything bad about it yet. The storage is wonderful (we cannot even fill all the areas when we camp) We tow it with a Chevy Avalanche and it tows easy. The double slide gives you so much room inside and the slide on the front does not interfear with the awning or sitting area at all that we have noticed. Best of luck to you and have many happy trips. Any questions just ask away, lots of people here will help! Gordy
Old 06-30-2013, 10:44 AM   #4

Welcome to the forum and congrats on your new Roo!
Old 06-30-2013, 11:13 AM   #5

Just purchased a 2014 yesterday! Now anxiously awaiting delivery hopefully before our vacation in July.

Any owners out there that can offer suggestion, tips or observations of theirs?
Old 06-30-2013, 05:19 PM   #6

Congratulations... you'll love it. We got our 2014 ikss in April, and have been on two trips so far. There is a ton of storage. It is a heavier trailer than many hybrids because of the two slides, especially after I pack the bed with the kitchen sink and pack the TV with people. We live in the hills of the Berkshires in Massachusetts, and my '04 Silverado 5.3L tows it fine until we hit long stretches of hills where she struggles a little. I'm contemplating moving up to a bigger truck next spring, but I could live with the current set up if I had to. My only regret with the purchase is that I didn't splurge the little extra for the electric jack - would have made setting the WDH bars less work. Do you know if you're getting the LED strip lighting under the awning? I didn't, but have heard from others on here that did.

2011 GMC Sierra Denali 1500 6.2L (for towin')
2014 Roo 23IKSS (for campin')
2005 Monterey 180FS (for boatin')
Changes_In_Latitudes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 06:50 PM   #7

I didn't know about the led awning lights until reading some of the forums today....planning on calling the dealer to find out tomorrow though! We did get the power tongue, looking forward to having that.

We have a large pop up that weighed around 4500 pounds loaded, our Titan has pulled with ease thru the mountains of Maryland and pennsylvania so hoping the extra weight won't make to much of a difference. I didn't have sway bars or Wdh so adding that and upgrading the brake controller to help.

Do you know if the awning has to be out with the kitchen slide open? Wondering if that's sealed so rain can't get in without the awning....

And did the lip in the bunks bother you? I noticed they drop down fom the wood inside the tt
Old 06-30-2013, 07:11 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottnlaura View Post
I didn't know about the led awning lights until reading some of the forums today....planning on calling the dealer to find out tomorrow though! We did get the power tongue, looking forward to having that.

We have a large pop up that weighed around 4500 pounds loaded, our Titan has pulled with ease thru the mountains of Maryland and pennsylvania so hoping the extra weight won't make to much of a difference. I didn't have sway bars or Wdh so adding that and upgrading the brake controller to help.

Do you know if the awning has to be out with the kitchen slide open? Wondering if that's sealed so rain can't get in without the awning....

And did the lip in the bunks bother you? I noticed they drop down fom the wood inside the tt
We moved up from a popup as well. You'll be fine with the Titan, but I believe the ikss was around 6500 unloaded. So you'll be towing another 2000 lbs before you put anything in it or your TV. The awning does not have to be out - we've had our slides out in many rains so far and dry as a bone inside. Just have to take good care of the rubber seals around the sliders. The lip on the bunks is noticeable a little - but it hasn't bothered me that much yet. I will be adding an egg crate pad and hopefully that will help more. Love the grill set up too - at first I didn't think I would ever use it, but after two trips out, I'm definitely a fan. And the bluetooth is a nice touch - listening to music by the camp fire and controlling it from my iphone. Definitely not roughing it.

Old 06-30-2013, 07:23 PM   #9

Thanks!
Embarrassingly I did not know what the purpose of Bluetooth on the radio was for! Good info! Can you stream pandora from your phone to the radio?

And how did you add your "signature" for your postings?
Old 06-30-2013, 08:18 PM   #10

You can stream pandora.... that's what we do.

For the signature, go to User CP at the top banner. There is a option there to edit signature.