Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-27-2014, 07:47 PM   #1

23IKSS Kitchen & Bath Accessories

Hey Everyone!

I just picked up our Roo 23IKSS on Thursday. They did not install the toilet paper holder, towel rack and papertowel holder. I really like that they did this so we can get it just where we want it. I sat in the bathroom to see where I want the TP roll and could not find a great place. Just to the right of the pot I thought I would hit getting up and down. Next the sink I thought it would get wet (we have a 6, 4 & 1 year old).

Where did you all put these things? I could really use some help. This is our first camper with a bathroom. We just moved up for from the pop up. Thanks for all the help in advance!
QMastaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 08:02 PM   #2

We put tp holder inside vanity on door. Paper towel holder thru in trash. And the round towel rack was install at factory to right of sink

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
CamperCar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 08:07 PM   #3

Yep, threw the towel holder in the trash as well. Bought a tp holder that sits on the floor.
Jimandchris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 08:16 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamperCar View Post
We put tp holder inside vanity on door. Paper towel holder thru in trash. And the round towel rack was install at factory to right of sink
I really like the idea of in the vanity door. That would keep it dry. We are debating throwing the paper towel holder in the trash. Just keeping it on the counter. I am thinking of putting two hooks on the door for towels instead of the bar. Our hand towel ring was factory installed as well. I did not understand that. They put the toothbrush holder and soap tray in too. They look really cheep. I would have not done that, but now there are screw holes in the wall. Oh well, not the end of the world.

Thanks for the tips!
Old 07-27-2014, 09:06 PM   #5

TP holder inside vanity door, two large command hooks on back of bath door, replaced paper towel holder with a better one.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Nccamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 09:07 PM   #6

I put the TP inside the vanity door. Threw the PT in the trash since it's worthless. Bought an under the cabinet PT holder at Bed Bath n Beyond and placed it on the left wall of the kitchen slider under the cabinet. Used heavy duty Velcro instead of drilling holes. Works like a charm. Did not use the towel rack. Instead I have hanging hooks on the bathroom door.

USMC - Semper Fi
Carlosrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 09:23 PM   #7

We put the toilet paper holder on the bathroom door. It is in easy reach there and has worked out great there. The towel bar we mounted to the front end of the island cabinet and use it for the dish cloth and towel. The paper towel holder we also tossed out and bought a better one which we mounted on the left end of the kitchen slideout under the cabinet.
RCCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 08:52 AM   #8

Same here - TP holder on the inside of the vanity door.

As for the paper towel holder, I mounted that inside the pass-through cabinet on the kitchen slide, so I can get them from outside through the compartment door, rather than going inside every time. Also keep the grill lighter, happy hour supplies, etc in that cabinet that you access from the outside. But, I think they eliminated that feature on the 2015's along with the drawers to make romm for the big pullout shelf.

2022 Columbus 379MBC (Previous 2013 Rockwood Roo 23 IKSS)
2023 F-350 (Previous 2017 F250, 2005 F-150)
KMP44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 08:13 PM   #9

Through out holder and found an over the door holder at Walmart. It works real well.
syogerst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 03:24 PM   #10

Scroll down and see my topic on " my two mini mods "

Includes a picture of the tp holder we use which can hang over a door

richl167 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 02:23 PM   #11
Old Ram Guy

Yup, I did the same thing TP inside vanity door, PT holder in trash. We also found a nice over-the-door dish towel holder (that clears the slide when it's closed) and a set of two battery operated led puck lights for under the cabinet to the left of the stove at Lowes.
Old 07-31-2014, 09:09 PM   #12

Ended up getting an over the door tp holder and paper towel holder. Put the tp on the vanity (doesn't fit inside) and currently have the paper towel on the cabinet next to the microwave.

Thanks for all the tips!

————
Me, DW, our 3 sons and one DD on the way
2014 Rockwood Roo 23IKSS
2007 Chevy Tahoe

Tags
accessories