Old 06-17-2014, 11:39 AM   #21

I would also get a 50 amp to 30 amp adapter. Last trip out, after getting setup, found that the 30 amp outlet did not work but the 50 amp did. The adapter saved the day.

I put my Progressive unit just inside the access door (the one with the screen front) under the rear bunk and mounted the display facing the other bunk end. I can see it from any where in the camper. Very helpful when managing loads using 20 amp service.

I also added another 15 amp circut and outlet to the island. Now we can run a heater and coffee maker at the same time.

cpd1343 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 04:56 PM   #22
camping newbies

Following your thread as close as my own - it appears we both are new to this and have the same towing vehicle - expedition EL, 6000 tow pkg. Definitely nice to know someone else is using the same vehicle to tow a very similar unit!

Old 06-17-2014, 06:29 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanceandsheri View Post
Following your thread as close as my own - it appears we both are new to this and have the same towing vehicle - expedition EL, 6000 tow pkg. Definitely nice to know someone else is using the same vehicle to tow a very similar unit!
That's funny! We've been following your thread too.

We are definitely pushing the limits of our TV with the 23IKSS starting out at right around 5k lbs. We will just have to watch what we bring and worse case, the kids have to draw straws to see who has to stay home.

Tons of great info has been provided on both threads and it has made this pre-delivery time a little less stressful. We definitely have a lot to learn upfront and through experience, but it is very comforting to know that all of you great people are out there with tons of experience and more importantly, a wonderful willingness to help. Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU!!!

2015 Shamrock 23IKSS
2008 Ford Expedition EL
DH-DW-D3K-DMTTSAP
DK-in-SC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 06:33 PM   #24

Following this thread too. I had PUGs for my Niagara Pop Up and loved them. It was so easy to install them; pop up a little bit, pull out the beds, install the PUGs, then crank the Pop Up the rest of the way.

This 23ikss seems so tall to me. Can the PUGs really go on easily? Our A/C worked so well with our maiden trip, but it did get a tad warmer in the bunk ends. It's really worth it???
Family of 4: Hubby, me, 2 teenagers
1 Rat Terrier
duncmelsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 06:35 PM   #25
camping newbies

Quote:
Originally Posted by DK-in-SC View Post
That's funny! We've been following your thread too.

We are definitely pushing the limits of our TV with the 23IKSS starting out at right around 5k lbs. We will just have to watch what we bring and worse case, the kids have to draw straws to see who has to stay home.

Tons of great info has been provided on both threads and it has made this pre-delivery time a little less stressful. We definitely have a lot to learn upfront and through experience, but it is very comforting to know that all of you great people are out there with tons of experience and more importantly, a wonderful willingness to help. Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU!!!
Just realized you're in Tega Cay - our good friends (my wife's best friend and husband/kids) live in Ft. Mill - love it up there!
Old 06-17-2014, 06:40 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanceandsheri View Post
Just realized you're in Tega Cay - our good friends (my wife's best friend and husband/kids) live in Ft. Mill - love it up there!
That's great. We love it here. Our first "camping trip" will be at the Fort Mill KOA so we can figure out what we've gotten ourselves into.

2015 Shamrock 23IKSS
2008 Ford Expedition EL
DH-DW-D3K-DMTTSAP
DK-in-SC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 10:02 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by duncmelsmom View Post
Following this thread too. I had PUGs for my Niagara Pop Up and loved them. It was so easy to install them; pop up a little bit, pull out the beds, install the PUGs, then crank the Pop Up the rest of the way.

This 23ikss seems so tall to me. Can the PUGs really go on easily? Our A/C worked so well with our maiden trip, but it did get a tad warmer in the bunk ends. It's really worth it???
We have been using a small 5 step ladder ( lite weight aluminum). Lets us clip on the pugs easily. We are planning on switching over to Velcro instead of the clips.

2014 Roo 23SS & 2013 GMC 4WD Crew
Equal-i-zer Hitch
Nites Camped 2016 -25
Jimandchris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 10:29 PM   #28
kpm

Quote:
Originally Posted by DK-in-SC View Post
Thanks. Earlier today, I ordered another 25' power cord and since the RV comes with a 25' already, I should be set. I did order a 50' hose, but could change that if needed to two 25' hoses.

With two 25' power cords, is it an issue during rainstorms with water getting between the two cords and tripping a breaker?
What model power cord did you go with? Same one? I found the furion one on amazon, but was unsure of others. I'm planning to order one too.
Old 06-17-2014, 10:39 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimandchris View Post
We have been using a small 5 step ladder ( lite weight aluminum). Lets us clip on the pugs easily. We are planning on switching over to Velcro instead of the clips.

2014 Roo 23SS & 2013 GMC 4WD Crew
Do you have the high wind PUGs? I think they only need the included bungie cords to attach...I'm not sure though. Thanks for the reply...it's still worth it even having to go to the trouble of using a ladder?
Family of 4: Hubby, me, 2 teenagers
1 Rat Terrier
duncmelsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 10:49 PM   #30

What is a PUG?

Tags