Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-13-2014, 12:04 PM   #1

23ikss winterizing valve location

OK, have drained all water including from filter housing. Opened bypass to heater and removed anode to drain tank. Used compressed air to get everything out. Poured antifreeze in the p traps. Now I want to put more antifreeze in the system using the antifreeze intake connection on the side. Dropped a hose into a bottle of anti freeze from this connection. The sticker by this connection says to close the valve connection to the tank and open the valve suction to the pump. Unfortunately I cannot locate these valves. Tried but water pump does not suck the antifreeze. Anyone in the forum know where these valves are on a 23IKSS ?
richl167 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 12:50 PM   #2

The valve is a three way valve located next to the pump. It has a line to the pump, a line to the tank and a line to the wall of the camper. This last line to the wall is the anti freeze suction line. Turn the valve to this last line.
cpd1343 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 02:04 PM   #3

I am assuming you already have the false panel removed in the back compartment to access the water heater bypass valves and remove the water filter. Next to the WH is the pump and if you trace the line feeding the pump you will see the valve that switches the pump suction from the water tank to the anti-freeze inlet - as described in the post above.

2022 Columbus 379MBC (Previous 2013 Rockwood Roo 23 IKSS)
2023 F-350 (Previous 2017 F250, 2005 F-150)
KMP44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 03:23 PM   #4

If your 23IKSS is like mine, the water pump is to the left of the water filter housing. On the left side are the two incoming lines. Both are flexible braided hose. One line comes from the freshwater tank and the other braided hose comes from the antifreeze inlet. There is a valve on the left side of the water pump before the small built in water filter. That valve controls whether the pump draws water or antifreeze.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

2019 Surveyor 251RKS
2008 Ford Expedition EL
DK-in-SC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 03:57 PM   #5

Thanks to all. I found it. Pumped antifreeze in great !
richl167 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cat, location, winter, winterize