Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-15-2011, 11:18 AM   #1

23SS fresh water drain?

I'm preparing to take out my new 2012 23SS this weekend, and sanitized the tank and lines yesterday. When I went to drain the fresh water tank, I couldn't find a drain or low point valve. I looked under the couch, in the cabinet where the water pump and WH are located, under the coach - no luck. I finally just opened the taps on the kitchen and bath sinks and the pump emptied the tank through the sink drains into the gray water tank. Did I overlook something? Is there a better way to do this? Thanks all for your help.
GilnJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 11:59 AM   #2

Congradulations on the new TT as for the fresh tank drain it should be on the bottom and at the low point of the tank most are also the low point drain valves are located under the trailer on the street side and may be tucked up in the frame to prevent damage to them.
Prodigy Brake Controller
Equal-i-zer WD Hitch
2003 Harley FXDX Super Glide
browne02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 02:55 PM   #3
Site Team

FR has changed the locations over the years. my '07 23SS's FW tank is inside an interior cabinet and the drain valve is next to it. and the low point drains are under the sofa.

the newer 23SS has the FW tank underneath, so not sure where yours are. should be some owners of newer 23SS models with a better idea.
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 04:15 PM   #4

Under the trailer right next to the fresh water tank. Look for a white plug on the curb side of the fresh water tank.

Trailer is in storage so cannot post a photo.
rnath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 05:07 PM   #5
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

should look similar to this .
I dont have the same camper as you but mine is on curb side 3/4 the way to the front .
Click image for larger version

Name:	freshwaterdrain.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	53.8 KB
ID:	8039
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 06:06 PM   #6
Site Team

might want to check the Roo section, since the Roo is a twin of Shamrock and there are way more Roo 23SS owners that may not check the Shamrock section.
might also be some similar posts with pics there.
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 12:02 AM   #7

Found them; thanks everyone - rnath had it (as I expected. he has same model,same year). FW drain and low point drains are as indicated. Still learning the nuances of travel trailers. Great to know there's a community of fellow campers out there willing to help.
GilnJo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
23ss, expandable, hybrid, shamrock