Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-15-2014, 01:41 PM   #21
Old Fella

We take delivery of our 23SS on Monday, will let you know.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Aussiecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 06:26 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by hereIam View Post
Thanks for the pictures and input. We have decided to go with the 23ss. The 23ss should suit our needs just fine. I like the layout, and with the larger slide it should feel plenty open. The awning is alse 6 feet larger than the x23b which will give plenty of bug free space to relax in then camping. Also with the large cargo capacity no need to worry about what the wife wants to bring camping.
Just to let you know. The awnings are not like those on a pop up and do not have screen rooms attached. So it is not "bug free" under the awning but it is dry. We have the electric awning so just a push the switch and the awning goes out or in.
Old 07-16-2014, 06:29 PM   #23
Old Fella

On recommendation from the dealer we elected to to with the manual awning. I liked the idea of pushing a button and the led lights however the issues outweighed the convenience. One less thing to go wrong.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Old 07-17-2014, 07:05 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiecat View Post
On recommendation from the dealer we elected to to with the manual awning. I liked the idea of pushing a button and the led lights however the issues outweighed the convenience. One less thing to go wrong.

I wonder if the dealer recommended it because the unit he had in stock was equipped that way?

2017 GMC SLT HD All Terrain Crew Cab (6' 6" Box) 2012 Roo 23SS
E2 Trunnion WDH (1,000 lb / 10,000 lb)
Dave Lyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 07:09 AM   #25
Old Fella

We built our own and ordered from FR.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 07-25-2014, 03:12 PM   #26

Just an update, we have put a deposit down on a 2014 23ss and will pick it up in 3 weeks. That will still give us time to get in some camping before the season ends. Really looking forward to camping in the new trailer. It is going to be very different from the tent trailer in many, many ways. There is going to be lots to learn! Biggest challenge I see will be learning to back up the trailer. With our current setup I could see over the trailer to backup. Not anymore, going to have to learn to use the mirrors now. When we pickup the trailer I will find an empty parking lot to get a sense of what it is like to backup. Like everything is just going to take some practice.
hereIam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 07:55 PM   #27
Canadian Member

Congrats! Great idea to practice backing up in an empty parking lot. If you have the option, always have a spotter when you're backing up.

Take the next 3 weeks to learn all you can from this forum, and download a copy of the PDI checklist from the forum's library to use when you pickup your new a Roo.

Posts some pics when you get it home!

2010 Rockwood Roo 23SS
2009 Ford F-150 XLT SuperCrew with Max. Towing
10K Equal-i-zer
2011 Rockwood Signature 8293SS (2015 - 2018)
2010 Rockwood Roo 23SS (2012 - 2014)

itat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 08:05 PM   #28

Congrats on your new 23SS! Welcome to the Roo crew. There is indeed a wealth of information here on the forum, I know it's helped us alot along the learning curve.
Jimandchris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 03:38 PM   #29

I also had a pop up for many years prior to getting a hybrid. Like the prior posts indicate love the 23ss storage, roominess and kitchen counter space along with the ability to 'load and go'. Perhaps the biggest plus I give the 23ss is the ability for us to travel and use it easily for 'one nighters' without pulling down the beds. This hybrid is FULLY usable by just putting the slide out out, plenty of room for two to sleep on the fold out sofa and dinette. I've traveled for a two week trip like that and never felt crowded! Yes, we ate meals outside or on TV trays, but had everything available in the 23 foot trailer!

wentout is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
23ss