Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-29-2014, 03:09 PM   #1

Question 23SS slide out issue...

Does anyone know what this support may be attached to? It's directly under the sink in the slideout and when extended it tips back and rests against the wheelwell. I'm assuming it isn't supposed to do that so as soon as I can get it out of the snow I want to get it fixed.
Attached Images

Old 03-29-2014, 08:14 PM   #2

Hey. I can't see your picture for some reason but I gave a 2013 23SS. What's happening with your slide ?
CDNWhiskey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 05:27 AM   #3

Odd you can't see the picture. Anyone else having an issue?

The roll support in the center of the slideout tips in the same direction as the travel when opening and closing. It's vertical when in and leans against the wheel well when open. It doesn't affect usage, but slide tips going in and out.
Old 03-30-2014, 05:36 AM   #4

I see your picture but unfamiliar with your trailer. As you mentioned, it looks like a support bracket with wheels at top supporting bottom of slide when it is retracted.
Yamaha 3000iseb generator:Progressive Ind. EMS-HW30C : Eastern Ontario
Nights Camped: 2014 (18) 2015 (18) 2016 (36) 2017 (32) 2018 (42) 2019 (28) 2020 (35)
fonzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 05:47 PM   #5

I just traded up out of the same exact unit with the same exact problem. The slide roller used to flop in and out with the slide, only way we noticed was loose hardware rolling around on floor. It was bolted to the floor with a couple of zip screws, the existing holes stripped. After attempting to secure twice, I bolted the roller to a piece of 1 1/4" angle, about 16" long, adjusted the roller down 1/8" or so to compensate for thickness of angle and then bolted through the floor with four 1/4" carriage bolts and fender washers.

Was a real bugger to work on... can see it with slide in but can't reach it.... with slide out it is buried under the skirt under the sink.

2021 Cedar Creek 37MBH
2020 F350 Powerstroke Super Duty Lariat Crew Cab
Northern NJ - God Bless America!
dieselbobcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 08:40 PM   #6

I can't see your photo also. I was going to look at the picture then go inside my 23ss and look at it.
keven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 06:04 AM   #7

Was worried about access and knew it would be tough from the top, but right now my issue is from underneath. It looks to be about 4" in front of the front axle and I can't get there right now. I don't know if I'll go with the angle iron, but plan to basically try what dieselbobcat did. The angle iron may be a good idea though as it would prevent the bracket from flopping backwards toward the wheelwell. Going to try the picture again and the reason I can't fix it right now....

Name:   IMG_3009-1.JPG
Views: 219
Size:  48.0 KB

Name:   IMG_3003-1.JPG
Views: 172
Size:  30.4 KB
Old 03-31-2014, 06:42 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by imflyn2 View Post
Odd you can't see the picture. Anyone else having an issue?

The roll support in the center of the slideout tips in the same direction as the travel when opening and closing. It's vertical when in and leans against the wheel well when open. It doesn't affect usage, but slide tips going in and out.
I've never looked inder my sink area, but, have to think that support is there for a reason. My slide-out also tips up when closed and I've not had any issues with the slide-out.

Dave.

2017 GMC SLT HD All Terrain Crew Cab (6' 6" Box) 2012 Roo 23SS
E2 Trunnion WDH (1,000 lb / 10,000 lb)
Dave Lyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 06:05 PM   #9
Site Team

just looked in my 23SS and it's not tilted like yours. it's straight vertical.
it has the black roller at the top, which the slide bottom rides on and it's bolted to the floor. i'm assuming it screwed into the frame.
it doesn't look like it's supposed to tilt back when extending the slideout.
it is an adjustable support post.

i can probably take a pic of mine if you want and i'll post it.

the slide is in and it's raining pretty hard. don't know if you want me to see if it moves when deploying the slide. i can't do it since i'm alone right now but i might be able to do it in a couple of days.

we don't have to worry about snow here.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 07:25 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
just looked in my 23SS and it's not tilted like yours. it's straight vertical.
it has the black roller at the top, which the slide bottom rides on and it's bolted to the floor. i'm assuming it screwed into the frame.
it doesn't look like it's supposed to tilt back when extending the slideout.
it is an adjustable support post.

i can probably take a pic of mine if you want and i'll post it.

the slide is in and it's raining pretty hard. don't know if you want me to see if it moves when deploying the slide. i can't do it since i'm alone right now but i might be able to do it in a couple of days.

we don't have to worry about snow here.
i'm assuming it screwed into the frame. I'd be suprised if mine was. The floor moves with the base of the support.

i can probably take a pic of mine if you want and i'll post it. Just knowing it's straight up helps. Tells me the base is moving in both directions, not just towards the wheel well.

don't know if you want me to see if it moves when deploying the slide.
No need to do this. If I were you I'd feel good knowing it stayed in one position.

I'm now pretty sure I have a fix, but my guess is it won't happen for at least another three weeks. It's still under warrantee, but I'm going to take care of this myself as I'm not sure how long the dealer would take. At least I know it'll be done right... (At least the way I want it done)

Tags
slide, slide out