Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-12-2018, 04:25 PM   #1

24ws questions

We are considering the 24ws. There are none to look at here in north Texas.
Was wanting to know if the folding couch would sleep two average size adults? Is there an AC vent near the rear bedroom?
Is the bathroom and fridge accessible with the slides in? Thanks
FROtow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 05:02 PM   #2

If the sofa has the "hide-a-bed" option it should sleep 2 average adults. If it's the standard "jack-knife" sofa it will barely sleep 1 teenager.
Griggs_Rooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 06:42 PM   #3

Hope you find someone with a 24ws to answer your questions !
I have a 23ws and I know it doesn't have the same couch......
Drenjoey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 12:07 PM   #4

We just purchased a Flagstaff 24WS after having a Jayco EXP 232 (3 bed hybrid). We love the space that the slide provides. Ours has the jackknife sofa which is pretty useless as a bed - my young daughter fits lengthwise for now, but won't for long. I wish we had the Hide-a-bed option which i believe folds out 72" from the wall.

There is an AC duct in the "hallway" to the back bed. haven't camped in warm enough weather to see how effective it is yet.

Everything is accessible with the slides in. You can load the fridge, get into the bathroom, and put clothes in the little rear slide even with that slide in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roorookie View Post
Was wanting to know if the folding couch would sleep two average size adults? Is there an AC vent near the rear bedroom?
ctcray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 08:48 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctcray View Post
We just purchased a Flagstaff 24WS after having a Jayco EXP 232 (3 bed hybrid). We love the space that the slide provides. Ours has the jackknife sofa which is pretty useless as a bed - my young daughter fits lengthwise for now, but won't for long. I wish we had the Hide-a-bed option which i believe folds out 72" from the wall.

There is an AC duct in the "hallway" to the back bed. haven't camped in warm enough weather to see how effective it is yet.

Everything is accessible with the slides in. You can load the fridge, get into the bathroom, and put clothes in the little rear slide even with that slide in.
I’ve got a 2019 24ws Rockwood Roo, currently camping in it as I type this. Everything listed above is correct, I can say the rear duct helps but not as cool as the front area, though the heater duct under the wardrobe does help a lot with the heat in cool weather. It’s bearable in the back bunk, but a PUG would be a good idea if you camp a lot in the heat.

I also wish we had the hideabed, for some reason when we ordered the dealer talked us out of it and it’s the one thing I regret. LOVE the trailer, we’ve had no issues and it does everything we need it to. Very nice trailer.
Past:
2001 Starcraft Spaceliner PU
1987 Starcraft Nova PU
Miweber929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 10:42 AM   #6

Does the current bunk door design allow pugs to remain in place when closed? Thanks
FROtow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 08:48 PM   #7

Quote:
Does the current bunk door design allow pugs to remain in place when closed? Thanks
We have them but I have not installed them yet, DW likes the light the standard canvas lets through so until we get some weird weather I personally don’t know.

However, I have read SEVERAL times on here that people have not had an issue leaving them on and folding them up in the bunks.

Hope this helps!!!
Past:
2001 Starcraft Spaceliner PU
1987 Starcraft Nova PU
Miweber929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 07:22 AM   #8

24WS has access to everything with slides in.

Quote:
Our 2018 24WS has the folding couch and not the jack knife. If the adults are not big yes it sleeps two. It is the equivalent to a Full Size Mattress (maybe a shade under, but Full sheets fit it). Not the most comfortable but for guests one or two nights is fine. We have a 1-1/2" gel memory foam on top of our and it really improves it. Fold it and roll it and store underneath. Close up couch and sit on it for a few seconds and it stays compressed.

Our has ducted AC vents in the ceiling. There is one in the bathroom, one in the hallway to back bed and several out in the main area.

Yes accessible. One of the reasons we chose this model is because everything is accessible at a rest stop or side of the road. Open the door, walk in and you have full use and access to kitchen, straight back to your own bathroom. On ours we found that in a pinch we can pull over and deploy the fold out couch. If comes all the way to the kitchen cabinets, but for a quick nap, an overnight in an parking lot it is great. One night we got to camp late, it was raining, so we backed in. Didn't want to have to drop the tents in the rain so I just plugged in the shore power and we were set for the night.
Some units you can't even get to the bathroom without cracking a slide 6 inches and then you have to squirm through for the bathroom.

If someone doesn't like the outdoorsy tent camp feel of a popup they don't need to get a hybrid We moved from PopUp to Hybrid so we knew what that was about.
rlh1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 07:04 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miweber929 View Post
We have them but I have not installed them yet, DW likes the light the standard canvas lets through so until we get some weird weather I personally don’t know.

However, I have read SEVERAL times on here that people have not had an issue leaving them on and folding them up in the bunks.

Hope this helps!!!
I have a 2018 24WS. Out of curiosity what is the measurement on those PUGS for it?
I'm thinking of getting them.
1996alnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 07:44 PM   #10

We have PUGs on each end and leave then on, no problem folding up.

We leave our 1-1/2" gel memory foaming mattress now also.

2019 Ford SD F-350 SRW Lariat
Tow & Gooseneck Prep
FX4 Off Road (4X4)
Old 07-16-2018, 07:47 PM   #11

PUGs make a difference in heat.
But its still a tent on each end so on hot days AC has issue keeping up. We use fans on each bunk end.

Tow & Gooseneck Prep
FX4 Off Road (4X4)
Old 07-16-2018, 07:51 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1996alnl View Post
I have a 2018 24WS. Out of curiosity what is the measurement on those PUGS for it?
I'm thinking of getting them.

the company that sells them has the measurements - they did for our 23WS which should be the same tent sizes as the 24 ws as the only difference is the swapped kitchen and dinette. Love the pugs - they really do help keep the back bed cooler.

Yes, you can leave the pugs on when you fold up the beds if you get the PUGs with velcro sewn on. If you don't get the velcro, the PUG clips to the top edge and would have to be removed when closing up.

Do note that the PUGs come with only the one velcro fabric side - you have to supply the hook side. I did have to use small screws to keep the hook side of the velcro attached to the camper, tapes seem to melt a bit in the heat and don't hold. mine stay on all season.
Just us gals (me, Sis and our daughters)
We spend alot of money to go sit in the woods
GalsofEscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 08:43 PM   #13

Quote:
One reason we chose the 24WS was the kitchen and bathroom are fully accessible and functional with all slides and bunks in... pull over for lunch, potty break in your own bathroom. We have found the fold out sofa can be made into the bed with slide in... it extends all the way to, touches the kitchen drawers but you could sleep if you couldn't or didn't want to extend the slide.
Sofa bed is the 3 fold out and not Jack Knife. We were glad cause we hate Jack Knife sofas.
The sofa bed can sleep two average size/height adults that like each other, and like touching some when they sleep. It is a firm bed.

Tow & Gooseneck Prep
FX4 Off Road (4X4)