Old 04-26-2010, 10:03 AM   #11

I contacted Forest River and was informed that I should have an 8,000 Gross weight rating on my coupling and that mine is indeed undersized. They are working it out with the dealer I bought from to get a proper coupling and have them replace mine with the correct one. I was also told that the 8K couplings come in 2 different size balls, 2" and 2-5/16". They told me that if I get the 2-5/16" coupling, they would also provide me with the correct ball at no charge.

Old 04-26-2010, 10:17 AM   #12

that picture is of your tv specs on the receiver.thats got nothing to do with the ball size for the trailerwitch is 2 \5-16.

Old 04-26-2010, 10:50 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4runner View Post
that picture is of your tv specs on the receiver.thats got nothing to do with the ball size for the trailerwitch is 2 \5-16.
That picture is of the trailer tongue, not the tow vehicle and has nothing to do with the tow vehicle at all. The ball used by that coupler is 2" and not 2-5/16"

Another veiw:

Also as I said, Forest River also agrees that my tongue is undersized. The 8K coupler comes in 2 sizes. I'm gonna take the engineers word on that.
Old 04-26-2010, 10:55 AM   #14

Sorry it looked like the receiver in the other pic.
Old 04-27-2010, 11:31 AM   #15
Moderators' Assistant

Quote:
Originally Posted by popeye59 View Post
I contacted Forest River and was informed that I should have an 8,000 Gross weight rating on my coupling and that mine is indeed undersized. They are working it out with the dealer I bought from to get a proper coupling and have them replace mine with the correct one. I was also told that the 8K couplings come in 2 different size balls, 2" and 2-5/16". They told me that if I get the 2-5/16" coupling, they would also provide me with the correct ball at no charge.
sounds like they grabbed the wrong frame on the assembly line. your current tongue specs sound like those for the 233, so maybe a worker didn't look for the "S".
Old 04-27-2010, 07:45 PM   #16

Never thought about that and never realized the 233 was so much lighter than the 233S. Gonna call them again on the 29th, giving them a week between calls (cause I'm such a nice and understanding guy).

Tags
233, 233s, roo