Old 10-27-2014, 08:08 PM   #1

A little sad today

A little sad today. We sold our Flagstaff pop up today. We got it last March and have really, really loved it! It had a dinette slide in it and a shower/toilet. It had tons of room in it as well. May sound a little crazy but I really got attached to that camper. We had a lot of fun in it in just a short amount of time. The people that bought it are a retired couple and they are very excited to just get out and go camping when ever they want. They've had a 5th wheel, a TT and a small pop up. Now they are going back to a bigger pop up. I know they got a good one and they will really enjoy it.
I'm hoping that when our new HTT comes in on Wed. that I'm going to fall in love all over again with this trailer! I'm looking forward to getting it and "moving in" all our camping stuff. Just one more day to wait and then on Wed. morning we will have our new trailer home with us! I can't hardly wait!!

Old 10-27-2014, 09:12 PM   #2

When I traded my TT in my yard looked like a bomb went off in an RV supply store. My supplies were strewn all across the yard.

But it was a lot of fun packing, reorganizing into new spaces.

I'll admit, it was hard watching my faithful old TT getting towed back to the service area for assessment.

But it passed, and despite lots of irritation with FR and my dealer I love the new girl. Hopefully you will too.

Nights camped in 2014-28, 2015-127, 2016-10
SKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 09:25 PM   #3

kellieh04, what did you get for a hybrid?
Old 10-27-2014, 09:29 PM   #4

Awww...sorry you are sad! I know the feeling...we sold our pop-up this year to a friend...we loved it and treated it like it was brand new even though it was 11 years old!! Our friend is going to use it as home base at his duck hunting club so I don't think it will get treated or loved as much so that makes me sad.
Glad to hear yours went to a good home!
You will be so excited when your new one arrives and will make more wonderful memories. Congrats!
2009 Chevrolet Tahoe LTZ
Jennifer9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 09:31 PM   #5
Site Team

Emptying out the old tt was a very hard task. We told the buyers many loving stories of care taken to our tt. We even gave them an extensive pdi (they were newbies) and got them set up with a brake controller. We face them everything g they needed to just go camp. Our tt was a great learning trailer for us and I know it will be for them. I also know they will give it a good home as he is in the home repair/carpenter business so I can only assume he will give it love too.

Our garage was a disaster until we purchased and picked up our fiver. Loading and organizing the fiver was an enjoyable chore. We love love love our fiver despite all of its issues. I was so sad to empty it out for its factory trip but it wasn't as sad as emptying the old tt because I knew it was going to the rv hospital to get well. It will be discharged and come home to us healthier than when it left. That only means I get to get more time camping in it later.

Say goodbye to your old baby. Say hello to your new toy!
asquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 09:44 PM   #6

I miss my pop up and drive by the new owners, just to see it's still being used...

2006 Ford F150 4.6L
Rrickim63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 09:52 PM   #7

Sold our pop up 3 years ago, and I still miss it. I too drive by the new owners just to check on her. Amazing how attached you can get, but we spent 10 summers with our boys in it so it held alot of great family memories!
keep camping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 09:56 PM   #8

SKnight, I totally understand. My living room and one of my spare bedrooms looks like a bomb went off because I don't have any other place to put our camping stuff until we get our new trailer! It is amazing at how much stuff you can put into those pop ups!! I am looking forward to that part of moving in again in the new HTT.
deartruc, we got a 2015 Rockwood 23IKSS Roo. We are looking forward to getting it and camping in it. It looks like it has lots of room and yet still gives you the feeling of "camping" with the fold out beds. I look forward to enjoying the best of both worlds! My husband was just getting tired of the length of time it took to set up and tare down the pop up. I helped just as much as he did and really didn't mind it to much but 2 1/2 hours both ways can eat into your camping time. We have just been around pop ups most of our adult lives and our family shared many, many fun experiences in our pop ups over the years! We have really loved just camping in them. Our new Roo is going to have more modern conveniences and that will be nice. I will like the shorter setting up and taring down time as well. I'm not having 2nd thoughts at all. I guess it's kind of like closing one chapter in our lives and starting a new one. Sometimes that can be a little scarey or over whelming!!
I'm very grateful for the wonderful people on this forum! I know that when we have questions or just need some advise you all will be there for us! You all are just the greatest!!! I'm sure as soon as I step in to our Roo I'm never going to want to get out of it! We plan on camping in it several times before we have to close it up for the winter. I just hope we can get it all figured out! Thanks again everyone!
Old 10-27-2014, 10:27 PM   #9

we bought the same Roo. Lots of good advice in these forums on it. Spent 30 days doing mods (mostly cosmetic) before our one and only trip this year with it.
Old 10-27-2014, 10:41 PM   #10

I had a nice pop up a long time ago and loved it. Then on to a 35' TT and now a 42' toy hauler. After you get your new one you won't miss the old one anymore very long but it will always be good memories of it. Happy camping!!! Oh I do love the ease of set up, park it, unhook, hit auto level button and open my 3 electric slides, throw out the chairs and rug. Done in 10 minutes or so. You'll have a blast in your new one.

435AH 12V VMax Charge Tanks, 520 watt Monocrystilline Solar Array, Morningstar MPPT TS-60 CC,Morningstar Remote,Cotek True Sine Wave Inverter,Cotek Remote Controller,50amp Progressive Hardwire Surge Protector
2015 Dodge 3500 6.7L 4X4
2011 CanAm Commander XT 1000
mud yapster is offline   Reply With Quote