Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-14-2018, 08:29 PM   #21

ADCO Cover on my 40ft fifth wheel. I use a floor soft rug on top of my antenna, and I use split styrofoam tubing (pipe wrap) on sharp edges, such as fold up steps, to keep the abrasion from ripping the cover. I make sure all the tie downs are kept tight. 2 years in Washington snow without a problem, winds average 7 to 8 mph but many days of sustained 20 mph with gusts 30-40 mph. Keeps the sun and elements off the graphics and paint so there is less fading, and like someone said, cleaned and waxed before putting it on. You will learn how to roll up/fold it so that when you put it back on you can roll it from back to front, and then flip the sides down. Not smart to try and do on a windy day, but it isn't all that bad, just take your time and be careful while on the roof.
card16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 12:40 AM   #22

Question about brand/model cover

[QUOTE=bergy;1781707]I use a cover. It keeps my Micro Light 21DS clean, and blocks most of the UV. My last cover lasted for 5 years. But as others have said, high wind can really tear them up. So I wouldn't have it covered for any trip, even the delivery. They just aren't made for that.

As far as manufacturer goes, read reviews. I find the Amazon reviews pretty good for that.[/QUOTE

Thanks for your post. I just purchased a Micro-Lite 21DS. Which cover did you purchase for for yours? I think I want to cover my rig even though it's difficult to do.
JGage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 01:06 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by RooBeDo View Post
Does anyone have any experience with ADCO covers?

Given my rainy and cedar covered yard I know I'll want a cover for our 233S

I'm having our new RV shipped from Ohio to WA. Even though I know it will be more expensive from the dealer I was thinking of purchasing from them so I can have it covered while it makes it's 2,000 mile trip. Should I purchase this cover from the dealer, or wait and buy something better after it arrives.

Thanks
I thought about the same thing. I am going with a metal structure that has sides and open on one end. Pricey but I don't have to worry about taking a cover on and off or worry about what's happening underneath it. I too live in WA. You know how the green stuff likes to grow here.

Did you purchase your rig from Jeff Couch?
GmanHawaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 09:06 AM   #24

2 1/2 years

A timely thread for us. 2.5 years ago we purchased a cover for our fifth wheel from Classic Accessories. Last week when we went to get our 5er out of storaged we arrived to a total failure. The sun had weakend the fabric to the point a wind storm shreaded the rip-stop fabric completely around the rig. The cover was laying on the ground.
I purchased this cover from CAMPING WORLD because it listed a lifetime warranty.
Pictures were sent to Classic Accessories on Friday. I expect an answer in a few days.
I live in the Denver area. The sun is intense and the wind can really blow.

When I get a response, I will post their answer.
Randy-2198 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 09:20 AM   #25
Denver To Yuma In 90 Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy-2198 View Post
A timely thread for us. 2.5 years ago we purchased a cover for our fifth wheel from Classic Accessories. Last week when we went to get our 5er out of storaged we arrived to a total failure. The sun had weakend the fabric to the point a wind storm shreaded the rip-stop fabric completely around the rig. The cover was laying on the ground.
I purchased this cover from CAMPING WORLD because it listed a lifetime warranty.
Pictures were sent to Classic Accessories on Friday. I expect an answer in a few days.
I live in the Denver area. The sun is intense and the wind can really blow.

When I get a response, I will post their answer.
I just left Denver three weeks ago after 23 years there.

RV covers typically don't last one winter there, so I guess you got your monies worth out of that cover.

Where I am at right now in SW New Mexico I'm told that these covers barely last a week!

And after the three days I just spent couped up in the RV with those 70 mph winds we had, plus the dust devil that gave me a direct hit on Saturday afternoon...

I now understand what they are talking about!

JohnD10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 10:06 AM   #26

I have one and Im not happy about it as I havent even put it on yet . I didnt realize the only way to do it was to get up on the roof . Since I have no ladder its pretty tricky to get up there . (Thanks Forrest River) Plus I'm 6 foot tall 250 lbs so Im already freaked out about walking on the roof even if it does claim to be a walk on roof . Im going to have to purchase a new probably 12 foot ladder to get up there and now I hear the covers only last a couple years .

TV:GMC 2500HD Duramax
TT: 2015 Wildwood 21rbs
510Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 10:21 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by 510Rick View Post
I have one and Im not happy about it as I havent even put it on yet . I didnt realize the only way to do it was to get up on the roof . Since I have no ladder its pretty tricky to get up there . (Thanks Forrest River) Plus I'm 6 foot tall 250 lbs so Im already freaked out about walking on the roof even if it does claim to be a walk on roof . Im going to have to purchase a new probably 12 foot ladder to get up there and now I hear the covers only last a couple years .
Those ladders are junk, anyways...

Be glad you don't have one as it would probably break off after one or two climbs!
Old 04-16-2018, 11:09 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnD10 View Post

Be glad you don't have one as it would probably break off after one or two climbs!
Good to know !!! Makes me feel a little better about it . lol

TV:GMC 2500HD Duramax
TT: 2015 Wildwood 21rbs
510Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 11:56 AM   #29
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:

The ladder we had on our Flagstaff TT lasted 5 years no problem, and I’m 240, 6’, and acrophobic. No problem climbing up and down that ladder.

It’s probably the biggest thing I’m going to miss on the new 5th wheel. It was great for cleaning off slides/roof, checking seals, installing my Maxx Air covers, washing the unit from top to bottom, etc...
Old 04-16-2018, 12:03 PM   #30

JGage,

I purchased a cover made by Classic Accessories, their SkyShield Heavy-Duty. But I bought one that is too large and I'm making do. So visit their site and measure as instructed so you don't end up like me.

I've used the over this last winter, and it held up well and I'm on the front range of Colorado. We know about gusty wind. Only some minor damage, easily repaired, at one of the down spouts. I'm thinking of using tennis balls cut open to press on the end of the spouts next winter.
bergy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 12:09 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTX Al View Post
Like others have said - in normal circumstances expect 3-4 years lifespan for winter storage, with certain precautions taken , like dollar-store tennis balls over the rain gutter spouts and other sharp projection buffered with something. However, you will still likely end up doing some patching here and there - I use clear Gorilla tape. The payoff is in the spring when you remove the cover and you find that your RV is in squeaky clean condition just as it was last fall !!

...VTX-Al
X2

Wouldn't not cover even having to replace the cover every 3 to 5 years...

Plus here in New England, getting the snow off the cover is very easy, slides off in sheets with a Styrofoam snow broom
kamper00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 12:15 PM   #32

Classic Accessories contacted me today and is shipping an updated replacement cover 😁.
Randy-2198 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 06:38 PM   #33

Advice on RV Covers.

RV Cover Recommendation
I bought an Adco cover this year. See this post:

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...d.php?t=146251.
RooRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 01:15 PM   #34

We bought an ADCO cover. Live in New England. Lots of snow, cold and very high winds. No issues with the cover. Very impressed. On a side note, if you have a boat it costs $350 per year to shrink wrap, so a cover is actually cheap. Only problem I have is storing the cover in the off season. Can’t seem to get it into the bag that came with it.
Any one have any tips?
Codagnone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 01:38 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Codagnone View Post

Only problem I have is storing the cover in the off season. Can’t seem to get it into the bag that came with it.

Any one have any tips?
After folding...try rolling it up like a sleeping bag to see if it will fit.
Old 03-27-2019, 02:41 PM   #36
Kasual Kamper

Quote:
Only problem I have is storing the cover in the off season. Can’t seem to get it into the bag that came with it.
Any one have any tips?
I just fold mine and stuff it into a large plastic lawn and leaf bag, and my trailer is larger than yours.
JayArras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 03:09 PM   #37

Quote:
After folding...try rolling it up like a sleeping bag to see if it will fit.
Thanks, I will try and refold it.
Old 03-27-2019, 03:11 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayArras View Post
I just fold mine and stuff it into a large plastic lawn and leaf bag, and my trailer is larger than yours.
Thanks, I guess I will try and refold it. I tried putting into a 50 gallon container.
I will try again!!
Old 03-27-2019, 06:00 PM   #39

Quote:
We bought an ADCO cover. Live in New England. Lots of snow, cold and very high winds. No issues with the cover. Very impressed. On a side note, if you have a boat it costs $350 per year to shrink wrap, so a cover is actually cheap. Only problem I have is storing the cover in the off season. Can’t seem to get it into the bag that came with it.
Any one have any tips?
I do like the other guy said, roll it up like a sleeping bag. Many years riding motorcycle has taught me that.
Dennis88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 06:39 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis88 View Post
I do like the other guy said, roll it up like a sleeping bag. Many years riding motorcycle has taught me that.
I took the advice and rolled it up like a sleeping bag. It worked. The hard part was I just had my knee replaced and can't kneel.

Tags
cover