Old 06-04-2015, 02:54 PM   #11
Originally Posted by Kanga99 View Post
We picked up the new 2015 23IKSS today and the sofa air bed option I ordered was not on it. The dealer said that FR had stopped shipping air beds due to problems. Instead I have a fold out sofa. Not a Jackknife but a full size fold out. It has the drawer under like the air bed, not the wood door like the jackknife.

I was not even aware that this was an option. I thought the choices were Jackknife or air bed. Could it be that I actually have the air bed sofa with no mattress? This foldout does have lots of padding like a mattress. Is this perhaps the foundation of the air bed?

Interestingly, in the bag of instructions that I received there was a sheet with the airbed warranty.
What does your sofa look like when you have it opened?

We have a 2013 with the air bed. A little over a year of ownership and the seams started popping. That made it unusable. We were at a state park when it really got bad and I had to drive to a Walmart and buy a new air mattress and inflator. We are still using that. I contacted RVW when we got home and they contacted Forest River. Sent some pictures and they ended up sending me a new air mattress with a separate inflator so now we have a spare.

'12 Ford F150 Lariat Super Crew
'13 Roo 21SS
2016 Nights camped: 3
2015 Nights camped: 21
2014 Nights camped: 18
2013 Nights camped: 26
grege is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 03:00 PM   #12
Originally Posted by JRYJMJ View Post
We too just arrived home from picking up our new Rockwood Signature Ultra Lite and the sofa had opened up just as Kanga 99 describes. Does anyone know if this is there is any way to secure it so that it stays closed while traveling or is this a defect?
pick up lower cushion, push and hold sofa rearward toward wall, set cushion back down. That should do it

jeff64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 03:36 PM   #13
I seen a video at FR of the new sofa bed. It appears that the mattress is built in. Look under "tools" and you will find it. I'm wondering how a 3 or 4 inch mattress topper would work, instead of the air bed.
syogerst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 07:35 AM   #14
I have the air bed option on my 23IKSS and have had no issues. Works great every time. Guess I am one of the lucky one's on here.
JWHybrid2B is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 09:04 PM   #15
When folding out the hide bed / couch in a 30ft vlite is it best to put an air mattress on top for comfort? If so, what size.....double or queen?
CaptainJohn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 09:42 PM   #16
Moderators' Assistant
Originally Posted by CaptainJohn View Post
When folding out the hide bed / couch in a 30ft vlite is it best to put an air mattress on top for comfort? If so, what size.....double or queen?
CaptainJohn, this thread is in the Hybrid section and is about a Roo 23IKSS, which I'm sure has a much smaller sofa bed, than a 30' V-lite has.
The biggest FR hybrid is only about 24' long.

Dan-Retired Firefighter/EMT
Shawn-Musician/Entrepreneur/Wine Expert
and Zoe the Wonder Dog(R.I.P.)
'07 Roo 23SS pushing an '07 Chevy Avalanche
Equalizer WDH and Prodigy BC
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote