Old 12-16-2014, 03:37 PM   #1

Air Mattress Warranty

In the process of my first warranty claim for my 14 month old Roo 21ss. Bought the 2nd year coverage when I purchased the rv. During my last outing, I slept on the air mattress on the fold out couch and woke up to a flat mattress. Found that it would not hold air more than a few hours. Brought the mattress home and sprayed with soapy water and found leak where one of the straps attaches on the side. Photos have been sent to my dealer. Hope they/Forest River/mattress manufacturer comes through for me. Probably will just send me a patch kit although it's in a tough location to get to. Will update later with my results. Wish me luck.

Old 12-16-2014, 04:49 PM   #2

FR replaced the entire mattress after mine leaked after second use. Don't except a patch kit, you have a warranty. The hide a bed was one of the reasons I chose the Roo 21isk. I haven't used the replacement yet. I live in Wisconsin so no camping until May.

Old 12-16-2014, 05:31 PM   #3

My early model 2015 Windjammer has the Air Mattress in the sofa. I've seen YouTube videos on the 2015 Windjammers and they say its a regular style mattress. I'm wondering if the air mattress can be replaced with the regular style?

2014 RAM 2500 Laramie Longhorn 4 x 4
6.4 Hemi 410 HP, 410 Rear Axle
gashog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2014, 05:44 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by gashog View Post
My early model 2015 Windjammer has the Air Mattress in the couch. I've seen YouTube videos showing they are now a regular style mattress. I'm wondering if the air mattress can be replaced with the regular style?
Not for the Roos. It is either the jacknife sofa or the Flair Airbed option.
There is no room to stowaway a regular style mattress if you have the airbed option.

Plus, the reports are that the airbed is actually pretty comfortable (when they hold air ).

That being said, as part of my PDI the dealer said to expect some loss of air from the mattress the first few times it was used as the seams needed to stretch and reseal themselves a couple of times during the break-in period.

He suggested to air it up and leave it sit a few times before using in earnest. That sounded a little strange to me, but the dealer we bought through has been very knowledgeable and trustworthy so far.

However it sounds like jrackley's problem is bigger then just getting the seams to stretch and seal. If it helps any, my dealer also said that FR/Flair has been really good about replacing mattresses that have had issues and will typically have you document the issue for them and then they send out a whole new mattress.

Hope you get treated right!
Old 12-16-2014, 06:11 PM   #5

Thanks! I have slept on it several times and find it very comfortable. I'll use it sometimes when I don't want to open up the tent ends due to bad weather.
Old 12-18-2014, 09:37 PM   #6

Update - manufacturer is shipping me a new mattress.

Tags
air mattress, warranty