Old 04-09-2014, 11:01 AM   #1

Anderson Levels for Roo's

Hello all,

Been searching these forums and found rave reviews for the anderson levels. Apologies in advance if this question has already been answered (I looked and couldn't find it answered anywhere), but I was wondering if these work for the Roo? I know I need to get two levels due to the tandem axle but the space between the two tires seems VERY narrow. In the video for these levels they talk about simply driving forward off of them when you're done camping and they'll "kick up".. there doesn't seem to really be enough space in between the tires for one of the levels to in fact kick up.

Maybe nit-picking or worrying for nothing on my part, but just wondering if any of you Roo owners with tandem axles have experience with these anderson levels.

Thanks!

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Forest River Forums mobile app

2012 GMC Yukon XL SLT 4X4
2014 Rockwood Roo 21DK

BadgerRoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 12:53 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Here's a link where they are discussed a bit starting in post #10

How do you level your Roo?

I've been considering ordering a set for this spring so can't help you until I try them out.

2012 Shamrock 233S
2008 Toyota Sequoia 5.7L 4WD
Triguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 07:24 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triguy View Post
Here's a link where they are discussed a bit starting in post #10

How do you level your Roo?

I've been considering ordering a set for this spring so can't help you until I try them out.
Thanks Triguy! I do remember that thread come to mention it, lol. Not sure if the one guy who said he uses them has a single or tandem axle though.. guess I will just have to be adventurous and pick up a pair to find out!

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Forest River Forums mobile app

2014 Rockwood Roo 21DK

Old 04-09-2014, 09:38 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Anderson Levels for Roo's

The video I've seen looks like it should work with even our narrow axles. We'll see. I ordered a pair and will give them a try.

2012 Shamrock 233S
2008 Toyota Sequoia 5.7L 4WD
Triguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 09:48 PM   #5
the-the-the- The GRINCH!

I know on my '08 23SS, I had to modify the BAL chocks a bit due to the close spacing of the tires. Taking 1/2"-1" off the front taper of one of the Andersens doesn't seem to be an issue from what I've read.

Wish I had seen these a couple of years ago, although I understand the new model is better than a previous model. Going to try talking the DW into a set for the new Flagstaff. But, I've spent a bit over the past week for "goodies" for this year. However, she's the one who stacks the legos - this looks to be easier for her.

Larry

"Sunny" the 2017 Sunseeker 3010DS
2006 Jeep Liberty Toad
.... and lovin' life...
DaGrinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 10:01 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaGrinch View Post
I know on my '08 23SS, I had to modify the BAL chocks a bit due to the close spacing of the tires. Taking 1/2"-1" off the front taper of one of the Andersens doesn't seem to be an issue from what I've read.

Wish I had seen these a couple of years ago, although I understand the new model is better than a previous model. Going to try talking the DW into a set for the new Flagstaff. But, I've spent a bit over the past week for "goodies" for this year. However, she's the one who stacks the legos - this looks to be easier for her.

Larry
Already bought the BAL chocks for the new Roo but haven't used them yet. What kind of modifications did you have to do to them?

2014 Rockwood Roo 21DK

Old 04-09-2014, 10:27 PM   #7

I bought these for my Roo.
We are camping this weekend so I'll let you know.
ParrishCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 10:59 PM   #8

I don't have a roo but I also have a small space between my axles. I had to trim about a half an inch off one of mine so it would fit. But they work great would highly recommend them. One of the best things I have bought

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Forest River Forums mobile app
Old 04-09-2014, 11:20 PM   #9

I bought the Anderson levels for my Roo. Had to cut one substantially to get it to fit between the tandem axles. At first I was afraid it may have been too much and would affect performance. However it did not. I've been out twice. Best purchase I've made. Simple to use. I will be ditching my boards for next trip.

2013 Rockwood Roo 23SS
2004 Nissan Armada
magnmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 05:42 AM   #10
the-the-the- The GRINCH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadgerRoo View Post
Already bought the BAL chocks for the new Roo but haven't used them yet. What kind of modifications did you have to do to them?
There's 8 pivot points - 4 on each side, 2 on each one of the pieces that come in contact with the tires. There are bolts that go through the scissors that hold these pieces on. I elongated the holes on the pieces that contact the tires, not made them bigger in diameter, but elongated the holes so the chocks would collapse a little more to fit between the tires. Maybe elongated each about 1/4" or so. Worked great.
I was a nice guy and let the chocks go with the Roo when I sold it the end of last summer.

Larry

"Sunny" the 2017 Sunseeker 3010DS
2006 Jeep Liberty Toad
.... and lovin' life...
DaGrinch is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
roo