Old 04-27-2012, 08:51 AM   #11
Submarines once..........
Originally Posted by poohbearntigger2 View Post
Those who are waiting, could you post back here with when you get your trailers please? I'm getting a little nervous reading this. Our 2306 is scheduled to come offline tomorrow and then it goes to Quality for a few days. We have reservations for Memorial Day weekend. I'm starting to think we may not have our trailer by then or will be cutting it real close. I only know the offline date because I called the factory. I haven't heard anything from RV Direct who we purchased from. Thanks!
I am buying mine groom RV direct in Albany and they are very good at sharing information as long as I call and ask them for it.

Jason and Melissa
2013 ROO 233S AKA Our "ROO"ST
2008 Ford F-250
63 Nights in 2012! 8 Nights and counting in 2013
Four high energy Little Girls!:
melbornj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 10:24 AM   #12
We ordered February 25th and were told this week it's scheduled to come off the line May 1st. Our dealer already had us schedule our walk through for May 10th based on how long her deliveries have been taking. She is in no way 100% sure it will be there by then, but we are keeping our fingers crossed. She originally told us it would be in the week of April 16th so we booked a trip Mother's Day weekend. We are just praying we get it before then.

2013 Rockwood Roo 25RS
KKapa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 10:24 AM   #13
Originally Posted by melbornj View Post
Where do you live? Our 233S came off line on 4/10 and all I can get from my dealer is it should be here soon. I'm just trying to get a feel for how long it is taking to get to my area.
I'm in the same position as you with the same response from my dealer. My 2306 came off the line on the 9th and we are still waiting. I called FR and they said it has been dispatched but all of the transport companies are working to the max. I was told this is the busiest time for the transports and they have a 2-3 week backlog. Well it's now April 27th and we will be past the 3 weeks. I am curious how they choose which trailers to transport. It doesn't sound like a first in, first out type of a system. We live in Ohio so you wouldn't think it was that difficult to get it to us but I am getting very frustrated at this point.
punkaccountant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 11:21 AM   #14
I'm thinking maybe some drivers pick certain areas they like to deliver to so those get done first...who knows though...
2013 Rockwood Roo 25RS
KKapa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 11:37 AM   #15
Moderator Emeritus
At the Milwaukee camping show in February I ran into an old colleague of mine who is retired. He is a driver now and essentially says it is up to him to pick and choose his jobs. The local dealerships have his number, they call and agree on a price ( a lot depends on the price of gas) and away he goes.

He'll tow all types. I've seen his one-ton dually towing 40 foot toyhaulers and 17 ft hybrids. He enjoys it.

I'm certain there are larger companies with contract drivers, but I get the impression that many dealerships use this type of individual.

DW, 3 Kids and our Goldens

2012 Shamrock 233S
2008 Toyota Sequoia 5.7L 4WD
Triguy is offline   Reply With Quote