Old 04-07-2015, 06:24 PM   #31

My question. How can turning on the fans do anything? The hybrids are not airtight by any means..yes i have one...just curious

2006 Ford F150 4.6L
Rrickim63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 07:37 PM   #32

Quote:
The hybrids are not airtight by any means..yes i have one...just curious
My 2014 is pretty airtight... providing of course you have all the zipper windows shut. As you close up the bunks the fabric around the bunks sucks in. There is a utube video that shows this and it certainly happens to mine also. Requires both Fantastic fans to be on.

Old 04-07-2015, 07:54 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rrickim63 View Post
My question. How can turning on the fans do anything? The hybrids are not airtight by any means..yes i have one...just curious
Huge difference in the new Roos. My 2015 is very tight. I just run one exhaust fan and it sucks the fabric right in when I am closing up. Remember, the fabric is now sealed, no more snaps or bungee cords... or as I have heard, no more kids falling out in the middle of the night.
Old 04-07-2015, 08:12 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanga99 View Post
Huge difference in the new Roos. My 2015 is very tight. I just run one exhaust fan and it sucks the fabric right in when I am closing up. Remember, the fabric is now sealed, no more snaps or bungee cords... or as I have heard, no more kids falling out in the middle of the night.
Umm..errr....had that happen in my first pup back in '94. 15 month old was on the couch bed to prevent that. (picture in the owners manual showed a stick figure child being strangled by the bungee). We brought a teenager to help out DW was 7 mo pregnant and the teenager was a close family friend. My son started fussing in the middle of the night so our teenager picked him up and brought him to her bunk. Next thing the whining went from being in the camper to being outside the camper. I jumped up and ran outside and he was fine. We were camping on Cape Cod so the ground was soft sand and pine needles. Celebrating his 22nd birthday this Friday.
Old 04-08-2015, 10:40 AM   #35

My wife had an issue when the door was closed just opening/closing the slides. She noticed an immediate difference when she opened the door. So they do seem to be pretty tight. That is not to say that air does not get in/out, it just means that there is not a lot of flow possible. This is a good thing when working with the end bunks.
Old 04-08-2015, 11:33 AM   #36

Oh it's pretty air tight. I closed my rear bunk the other day with this method. Now mind you, the front bunk was still open (but windows zipped closed) and when I closed the door and turned the fans on it sucked the canvas right inside the tent! When I opened the door to go outside and close the bunk end, it was like a cake falling...but as soon as my husband closed the door, I stood at the bunk end outside and it was pretty awesome...it sucked that canvas right into the camper again. I closed the end up effortlessly. I can only imagine it will be even more effective when I close up the front bunk while the back is already closed. :0
I guess they are more airtight than you think, Rrick. Mine is a 201423IKSS.

2014 Rockwood Roo 23IKSS
2012 Dodge Ram 1500 Hemi 4X4
Me, Hubby and Luna the Lab
sewingcybermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 11:38 AM   #37

heres the video..

2014 Rockwood Roo 23IKSS
2012 Dodge Ram 1500 Hemi 4X4
Me, Hubby and Luna the Lab
sewingcybermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 04:54 PM   #38

Ok, I'm the guilty one who made the video last fall. At the time many of the new Roo owners were asking and wondering how well it worked by turning the fans on while closing the ends. When I tried it the first time I was amazed how air tight they are, so I slapped the video together. It's unfortunate that it only works on the new style bunk ends.

I've learned so much about our Roo from this forum, it's nice to be able to give back something in return. Thanks for the kind words regarding the video.
Jim
Equal-i-zer Hitch
Nites Camped 2016 -25
Jimandchris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 10:31 PM   #39

While it definitely works much better on the sealed ends, it does help on the snap and bungee older style too. I have a 2010 model 17. Even with just the one fans it helps make it easier to clear the canvas from the seals. Thanks for the tip!
Old 05-17-2015, 02:21 PM   #40

I was told by seller to fold cross member between the mattress, and the maintenance personnel said to put it(cross member) under the mattress, by completely taking mattress out and storing it after hard cover was flipped up and stored, then store the mattress. I don't see that happening.

Tags
bed, beds, hybrid