Old 08-16-2013, 12:13 AM   #11
Moderators' Assistant

we've had our Roo 23SS for almost 7 years now and still love it!
sure we've had a few issues but most new RV's have them.
we still love camping in the woods and sleeping our our floating beds, listening to creeks running, wind in the trees and birds singing.

until we retire, it is perfect for our type of camping. would buy another one if we were younger.

like the others have said, forums like this tend to have a lot of posts about problems.
most that don't have problems, don't post about that.

2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Equalizer WDH and Prodigy BC
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 12:34 AM   #12

We love our 2011 233S! We've had our fair share of problems like others...bunks replaced a couple of times, slideout issue, etc. But FR has stepped up and backed us 100% of the way. The 233S is perfect for our family of six and I wouldn't trade it for anything else...well, maybe the new 23IKS 5'er, TT, hybrid or popup...they all can have issues. I wouldn't hesitate to do it again.

2011 Rockwood Roo 233S
2008 Chevy Express 3500 Explorer Conversion
Prodigy Brake Controller
Equal-i-zer Hitch
Buckeyecmpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 09:53 AM   #13
cogito ergo moo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marines0811 View Post
Want to upgrade from my pop up to a Hybrid but most threads in here are about problems?

Do you like your Pop-up? If you go on some pop-up forums, all you hear is griping about leaks, broken roofs, condesation, etc, etc etc... It's enough to make the uninformed person question why anyone would even attempt to put up with those things.

The truth is, probably 85% of Hybrid owners are pleased as punch with their rigs. 5% would sell them off because they outgrew them, or they don't like the trade-offs that come with them (same as with pop-ups) and maybe 10% have had issues with leaks, quality, or other things.

The thing is, that 10% can be very vocal. There is a certain user here that will interject their displeasure with their leaking Hybrid in every thread that mentions "leak", plus 2 or 3 threads they started complaining about FR quality. Try to bear that in mind as you are reading about the problems. Very few post up "Hey! Everything is just peachy." Its just like the Coleman Pop-up crowd with the ABS roofs. A small percent failed, but that was enough to give it a bad reputation, and drop the value of many fine, trouble free pop-up for no reason.

For the record. It took me owning a Class A, a PUP and (shudder..) tents, before I found what is exactly perfect for me. I love my Roo, and everything about it.

Tim
Rallies Attended:
Cowracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 10:49 AM   #14
Moderators' Assistant

well-said, Cowracer!
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Equalizer WDH and Prodigy BC
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 01:06 PM   #15
2014 233s Rockwood Roo

Love ours

2013 233 roo....Love it...Only found minor things that were easy fixes...
Old 08-16-2013, 03:16 PM   #16
CampeRooo

Yup, still using our 2000 model M-18 that we bought used back in 2008. We lived in it for a summer, while assisting some hosts at a campground for 4 months and also spent an extended time in sw colorado last year (8 weeks). Sleeps and tows like a charm, no complaints.
As old as it is, i will have to replace the canopy on both the front and back bunks and replace the awning while i'm at it. But we're not there just yet.

(anybody have an approximate price on what bunk canopies cost, pm it to me would ya? Time to start counting my pennies. )

Is there anything specific you want more info on?

Joe

2000 Rockwood Roo M-18 Hybrid
2006 Dodge Ram 2500 Auto 5.9 Diesel
Gone but not forgotten -1986 Rockwood 1003 PUP
rthrbelsewhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 04:25 PM   #17

We have an '08 Roo 21ss, it's just the two of us and some doggies. Love my Roo.
'08 Roo 21ss
'06 F150 5.4 Triton
ndickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 04:36 PM   #18

Having owned both a popup and a hybrid, my advice if you're going to upgrade, just get a travel trailer, instead of a hybrid. I've not really had any bad experiences with my Surveyor, but folder the main bed out is a hassle and the canvas makes it almost impossible to keep it cool in the summer and causes lots of condensation in the colder months. Someone will tell me to get a pop up gizmo, which may or may not solve my gripes with the temperature in the camper but my thought is I shouldn't have to buy accessories to make it comfortably usable. That being said the Surveyor is an awesome unit and when I do buy a travel trailer in the near future it'll be a Surveyor sport or select.

2004 Surveyor SV 261T
2011 Nissan Armada
sself1219 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 05:39 PM   #19

I have the gizmos for the pop up and we surivied in the California dessert last year on vacation. So they do work.
Old 08-16-2013, 05:52 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by sself1219 View Post
Having owned both a popup and a hybrid, my advice if you're going to upgrade, just get a travel trailer, instead of a hybrid. I've not really had any bad experiences with my Surveyor, but folder the main bed out is a hassle and the canvas makes it almost impossible to keep it cool in the summer and causes lots of condensation in the colder months. Someone will tell me to get a pop up gizmo, which may or may not solve my gripes with the temperature in the camper but my thought is I shouldn't have to buy accessories to make it comfortably usable. That being said the Surveyor is an awesome unit and when I do buy a travel trailer in the near future it'll be a Surveyor sport or select.
Must have been an AC problem. Never had any problem cooling or heating our Jayco. Had used it in 100 degree days, and days well below freezing with the ends out, and never had a problem. I would also use a fan in the summer to direct the air where I wanted it to go. And usually a ceramic heater in the winter to help conserve the propane, but it was fine in any conditions.

99 Club Car Golf Cart
djmac1964 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hybrid