Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-31-2016, 06:40 AM   #1

Anyone ever order from RV Wholesalers out of Ohio?

and had it delivered? They have been great to work with so far but I don't know much about this outfit.

Any thoughts?
jk70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2016, 06:58 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jk70 View Post
and had it delivered? They have been great to work with so far but I don't know much about this outfit.

Any thoughts?

I tried to buy there twice, and twice the quoted price and terms changed over the course of the process. Make sure you get all the terms and pricing in writing up front...good luck with that.

I would never buy from them without going to their location and having them perform a full and complete PDI.

The fact is many dealers in the local market can and will beat RVW's prices. There is no wholesale. And any of those dealers can deliver.
Try Labadie RV in Toledo.
Mr Havercamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2016, 07:23 AM   #3

I bought from them in May and had it delivered. I did get all the terms in writing and everything went off without any problems. I will admit I was a little scared and nervous though. My local dealers wouldn't touch the price and some wouldn't even call you back.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Roady-Roo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2016, 08:04 AM   #4

I bought from Labadie rv. Had a great experience and the price and deal never changed. I live in Oregon and also was nervous about an rv I wouldn't see till delivery. The delivery driver was very knowledgeable and did a walkthrough with me. Not a pdi just an orientation. Good luck
bozeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2016, 08:18 AM   #5

I bought from them in April, but I drove from Colorado to pick it up. The whole experience was a joy, although I admit I wasn't too hung up on any of the details since I was saving $5k over local prices. I would definitely buy from them again.
joinco70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2016, 08:53 AM   #6

They've had generally very good reviews on this site. There is a thread somewhere here in which a member gave weekly reports on his buying experience. I'm pretty sure one of their owners or managers posts and responds on this forum.
Old 07-31-2016, 09:32 AM   #7

I live in Ohio where it's not a far drive to several wholesalers & I've been known to drive even farther to find good deals on much lesser priced items - like appliances... However, after getting quotes from all of the OH/MI wholesalers, I ended-up buying our TT just 10 minutes from work...

IMO most of the wholesalers wanted me to place a deposit & lock me into a single serial number vs. letting me drop by the store & choose the best of the litter... Several claimed that I would be wasting my time by looking at all of the TTs they had on the lot because many were already sold or would sell while I was in the process of inspecting them, yada, yada...

In comparison, a local dealer/chain, General RV, allowed me to inspect RVs at my leisure. They were having a big sale, so their prices on new units were only about 5% more than wholesalers & they were willing to include "free" extras like a pressurized leak test & re-caulking & WDH. Out of 7-8 same brand/model units I found that there was a big difference in fit & finish from one new (2014) unit to the next. We actually bought a used (2011) unit because IMO the fit & finish was better than the new ones... IMO ours was built during the recession when demand to rush them out the door was not as high...

When I found the unit I liked I spent almost 2 hours crawling under it, looking at the roof, and looking behind every cubby with a flashlight, taking pictures, etc. I only found a couple minor trim issues & they fixed them while we were in financing.

After financing we did a complete 2.5 PDI with everything hooked up. They replaced the battery, CO2 detector, adjusted all slide-outs and awning tracking, and tested/demonstrated all systems for our family of 5 while I videotaped everything for memory & to hold them accountable.

We camped for the next 2 years without a single issue compared to friends who have spent every summer having work done... Everyone I have personally talked to that has been unhappy with their purchase has said, "I should have spent more time looking it over before signing..." IMO you can either learn from the mistakes of others, or make them yourself & pay...

I'm NOT saying the wholesalers are a bad idea, just make sure you spend TIME looking over your unit BEFORE signing anything...
2017-31; 2016-36; 2015-37; 2014-31

The_Rhino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2016, 12:24 PM   #8
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by emm-dee View Post
They've had generally very good reviews on this site. There is a thread somewhere here in which a member gave weekly reports on his buying experience. I'm pretty sure one of their owners or managers posts and responds on this forum.
RVW has been around quite awhile. you can go on nearly every RV forum on the Internet and do a search on them. you'll get days of posts/threads to read about them.

based on my 12 years on numerous forums, RVW has a mostly positive reputation.
we would've bought from them but found another dealer that had the Roo we wanted at a cheaper price.

Dave Durnell is a co-owner of RVW and a member here.
he regularly posts here and has intervened on behalf of customers and members here, some that didn't buy from him.

i would buy from them in a heartbeat and probably will if i ever upgrade from the Roo.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2016, 12:30 PM   #9
Moderator Emeritus

Lots and its of threads about them in the dealer reviews section. Do a search there. As stated above mostly positive.
asquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2016, 01:08 PM   #10

Never bought from them, but .... I did by a new 2016 Chevrolet chassis, Sunseeker 2300 last year from a dealer in Dayton Ohio solely because I could not get the motorhome I wanted locally. I tried several local dealers, but nobody could get the Chevrolet chassis I wanted. Never thought about the service/warranty issues ... I did find a few in Michigan and Ohio. By the way, RV dealers are not like auto dealers. They don't trade or transfer units to other dealerships ... Be aware that getting an RV serviced locally will be difficult, at least it was for me. Had a heck of a time getting warranty service nearby. First time I had to drive 2 hours away and surprise, surprise ... all issues were not corrected. I trusted them (Barrington Motor Sales RV, Barrington, IL) - did not verify prior to leaving ... lesson(s) learned. Forest River finally did find a dealer closer to me that agreed to provide service - Terry's RV, Frankfort, IL. - By the way, they are great! They are busy and it does take some time to get an appointment but they are dependable, courteous and do the job right.
ja4781 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2016, 02:58 PM   #11

Great experience!

We just recently purchased a trailer from RV Wholesalers in Ohio and it was a great experience! They answered all our questions promptly and all was as they said it would be. We had it delivered to Colorado buy a 3rd party (much cheaper than using their shipping company) and they were awesome as well!
talleygj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2016, 02:59 PM   #12

Great People

I have done business with RVW twice. Both transactions I have rated at 11 on a 1 to 10 scale. Mike and Kelly delivered more than they promised. I'll be buying a new RV in the next year or two and they'll have my business again hands down.
poorturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2016, 03:59 PM   #13

We purchased from RVW and would do so again. Never felt like they were trying to hide something. Was looking online, led to a phone call and they delivered to what they promised over the phone. We live in Maryland and the delivery process went smoothly. Saved thousands over any dealer within 100 miles from us.
Old 07-31-2016, 05:46 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by asquared View Post
Lots and its of threads about them in the dealer reviews section. Do a search there. As stated above mostly positive.
x2

Click
http://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f92/

Then search RVW or RV Wholesaler. Make sure you are looking at the one in Lakeview OH. BTW, I bought from them in 2014. The experience was not entirely without some minor issues, but I would buy from them again. I went there to pick it; doing a fairly good PDI.
WW

2017 F-250 4x4 6.2L Gas
I can't fix everything, but I can make it so nobody else can
WolfWhistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2016, 06:00 PM   #15

We purchased from RVW in 2013. They have a network of dealers that have agreed to work with them. We chose to pick it up ourselves, then drove back to FL. I wanted a complete PDI on the unit. They spent quite a while going over the RV with us, and even took a phone call while on the road to walk us through a question on furnace, then again on unhooking !! They are a very honest family owned business.
FLBrutus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2016, 06:36 PM   #16
Old Fella

Thumbs up No Worries

Purchased our Roo from them two years ago and would have no problem dealing with them again if they had what we wanted. We only had one warranty issue and that was taken care of by the local camping world. Only issue was with the repair that was done by CW which we found wasn't as it should be after all warranty had run out. It had nothing to do with RVW. David Durnell will look after you.
Aussiecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2016, 08:43 PM   #17

Purchased a Puma 23FB from RVW in 2014. First TT. A little nervous, but everything went fine. Had a problem with the electric tongue jack. It was replaced. They agreed to install the ProPride WDH not knowing what it was. They tried to charge me more than we had originally agreed to. They did honor the original quote, but changed the fine print to avoid installing either the Henley or the ProPride in future contracts.

The most annoying problem I've had was connecting the sound system with a built-in DVD player. Noone at RVW knew what to do. Ended up having to drill an access hole and run RCA cables from the rear of the sound system to my TV. I felt that this should have been done by FR. They installed the cables for the Winegard antenna system, wires to the three sets of speakers. Why not for the DVD system. More a FR issue than a RVW issue.
johng4706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 09:16 AM   #18
RVWholesalers Representative

I want to thank everyone for the very kind words that have purchased from us. We pride ourselves in making sure at the end of the day everyone is getting the service they deserve. Of course that means trying to hold factories accountable and making sure our staff is doing the right thing. I am confident that happens since we stay so involved in day to day dealings with customers. Mike (my brother) and I try to meet with every customer personally at closing to ensure they have our personal contact information so if they feel the ball is being dropped they can quickly call us and get the resolution they deserve. We also want to ensure that everyone got exactly what they purchased and ALL is well before they leave. I often am on the phone with customers before their purchase explaining why we do what we do and answering questions and I am thankful for the opportunity. Mr. Havercamp, I feel very concerned with your post. I will literally fire a team member immediately if I ever find out they tried to change something on a customer and honestly I have never heard this about our dealership before. Mistakes are made, (someone quotes a price that is not accurate) but as mentioned in the post by johng4706 in the end the price quoted was honored and ALWAYS is. Please accept me apology and I would love to discuss it with you and find out the exact facts so I can make sure it never happens to another customer. Thank you again for all the kind words and for taking the time to post your kind words, many people are very quick to post negative but I love the people here that take the time to post positive! Thank you all for your business as well!!! If any of you ever need anything please feel free to contact me directly at 937-843-9000 ext. 123 or ddurnell@rvwholesalers.com I am always here if anyone needs anything including people that do not buy from us. Thanks again to the moderators for allowing me to post on here, it is greatly appreciated. David Durnell
Old 08-01-2016, 09:59 AM   #19

Send a message via AIM to Keithe Send a message via MSN to Keithe Send a message via Yahoo to Keithe
We purchased from RVW this April, flew back to Ohio then drove our new Rv back to Oregon. A long trip but I'd do it all again. Great people to work with.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 08-01-2016, 10:43 AM   #20

I haven't purchased from them yet, but I have intentions to do so. I filled out an e-mail quote sheet on line and had a quote in minutes. It was kinda fun. The salesman Paul was VERY helpful the 2-3 times I spoke with him. If the rest of the experience is as the quoting process then all will be great. My only question/decision is to p/u or have delivered.... app 1100 miles.
born in Texas.... live in Arkansas
Iwannacamp is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ohio