Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-25-2014, 11:20 PM   #1

Anyone Have Bad Stitching on Tent Ends?

Have a 2014 Roo 233s ---purchased in Feb -- have seasoned the tent ends and am consistently getting leaks on all three tent ends...

Camping world said it is a bad rubber gasket (I don't think they even really looked at it) -- but I really think it is the stitching (this is where the leaks appear to be coming from)...

anyone else having this issue?

Here are some of the picks --- so damn frustrating

https://app.box.com/s/7347oajkv1v78y70d4b0
Marine3038 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 10:22 AM   #2

Wow, that is unbelievable. Looking at pic # 12 especially, the leaks are everywhere and not just from the gasket where the canvas attaches to the door. I would tend to agree that CW didn't look at your trailer.

Not sure if you bought the 2nd year warranty, but you should still be covered either way. I would ask CW for a written description of what they submitted to FR and what has been approved as a fix.

Then I would get the FR Rep phone list off this site and contact the factory warranty rep. Send him/her those pictures, including the damage to the wood. Something appears to be totally defective with those tent ends. I would ask for new tent ends and for the damaged wood to be replaced. And then decide if CW is willing/able to make the repairs or decide if you would be better off trying find another dealer willing to tackle this for you. The only thing worse than have a serious problem on a brand new trailer is getting lousy dealer service when you need it fixed.

I can spray the heck out of our canvas when I wash it, and there are zero leaks. That canvas looks like water is coming through in multiple places.

Hopefully you can get this made right and just enjoy the Roo.

2022 Columbus 379MBC (Previous 2013 Rockwood Roo 23 IKSS)
2023 F-350 (Previous 2017 F250, 2005 F-150)
KMP44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 12:47 PM   #3

YES. I have a 2014 21SS. Closing up to head home after 3 days of rain we found the mattresses wet. Dried out at home and hosed it down well. (yes, we had previously seasoned it.) I found small trickles coming through the seams below the windows. Warranty is covering it (plus the smelly toilet, and water pump adjustment). It has been sitting at the dealer since the end of October waiting on FR. Keystone RV told me that the tents had to be removed and sent back to FR to make the replacements. While Keystone has been treating us very well, we miss the quality of our old Coleman Utah!

(BTW: My name has no connection with the dealership other than my purchase.)
Keystoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 01:48 PM   #4
Site Team

I agree that those tent ends aren't right.
The only thing that could be wrong on your end, is the shepherd's pole being too long, stretching the seams.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 03:05 PM   #5

Thanks for sharing - I am sending my ROO Back to the dealership for this... I have a bad feeling about this ... yuck
Marine3038 is offline   Reply With Quote