Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-12-2018, 10:55 PM   #1

Are the new design on the bunk doors better?

DW and I have a 2011 Shamrock 21SS we bough new, the only thing I wasn’t aware to look for was water intrusion due to warped bunk doors, as well as a bad seal in the hinge area. The front bunk started delaminating about 2 years ago. I have since been watching it and just making sure that the leakage is contained to the bunk door itself and have plans this fall to replace the door. I have looked into adding some additional bracing on the door to keep it from flexing and pulling away from the seals above the latch when I do.
We are also due for new awning fabric and have considered upgrading

While on this most recent camping trip we discussed trading in instead of replacing the door and awning. Looking at the new floor plans we both like the new updates on the 21SS and have talked about going to check them out in person at a local rv show next month. My question for the group is has the new design of the doors and latch system taken care of the issues I have seen with this trailer? I haven’t been in the market since we got this one but would go back with ROO or Shamrock if they were still the only ones with ducted roof air.
marobrown is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bunk, door