Old 09-28-2015, 10:32 PM   #31

Who to contact for info?

Old 09-28-2015, 10:50 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by asquared View Post
Wow does that sound familiar..... I wash and wax the rv and my truck (unless I pay the neighbor in beer to use his mobile detailing business stuff on it). I clean the trailer, load the trailer, drive the trailer and pay the lawn guy cause Dh won't mow our hills. And I also work as a nurse. I also make dinner, take care of getting dd bathed and off to bed etc. While a certain dh gets to watch tv and tell me she's up too late. Gotta love independent women!
I'm gonna have to get DW on here so she can learn a few things

1 mutt
on occasion 1 DD
themounties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 11:45 PM   #33
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsweet View Post
Who to contact for info?
OC's Awning brackets

Turbs Awning poles

These two items put together work well. Many bug the brackets and then use painter poles for the hold down poles. I like these because they come predrilled and with everything you need except a rivet gun and rivets.
asquared is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 06:02 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by asquared View Post
Wow does that sound familiar..... I wash and wax the rv and my truck (unless I pay the neighbor in beer to use his mobile detailing business stuff on it). I clean the trailer, load the trailer, drive the trailer and pay the lawn guy cause Dh won't mow our hills. And I also work as a nurse. I also make dinner, take care of getting dd bathed and off to bed etc. While a certain dh gets to watch tv and tell me she's up too late. Gotta love independent women!
Sounds like a true Jersey Girl
Old 09-29-2015, 07:00 AM   #35
jeff

When I made mine, I used 6063 Aluminum on the poles which was a little bit more expensive. The brackets were milled from a block of ABS. All the holes in the tubes were put in on a Bridgeport. The whole system was a government job made during some slack time. It turned out very well. No plans of making a production out of it though
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1000205.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	528.2 KB
ID:	90176  
jeff64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 09:24 AM   #36

I've got a question regarding these tie downs. How much wind is the awning material itself going to withstand before the awning needs to be retracted? Even though the awning frame is well secured, the material is going to catch the wind and, being flexible, will be flopping around somewhat. It seems that at some point, maybe just short of a gale, it is going to either rip, tear, or pull out of the channel at the trailer. So, at what point do ya'll go from 'oh, don't worry; it's no problem' to 'Oh crap!'?
Old 09-29-2015, 09:47 AM   #37

I really do not know, common sense should tell you that. If the wind was over 30 plus and depending on the angle of it hitting the awning I guess a person would know. I know I have been in that much wind and really didn't have problem with material If it got much higher I don't think I would test it. I like to be next to the BIG BOY'S MH that I can use as a wind block. I have seen all kinds of awning supports on this forum and they are all 100% improvement. But I will give credit were credit is due, Thanks for the idea OC on pole support instead of just tying them down. Tying them down just bent your roller and caused a lot of banging been there and done that.
Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 10:52 AM   #38
Radioman

Thumbs up Awning supports today's project

I like it simple. Two 5 gallon buckets from Home Depot filled w/water strapped to the awning and just barely touching the ground.
Yuba City, CA. 95993
bjlyons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 11:20 AM   #39
Mod free 5er

[QUOTE=asquared;996496...you need except a rivet gun and rivets.[/QUOTE]

Bracket kits come with rivets.
Old 09-29-2015, 11:24 AM   #40
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjlyons View Post
I like it simple. Two 5 gallon buckets from Home Depot filled w/water strapped to the awning and just barely touching the ground.
Ya gotta store the buckets, those of us with poles don't have to remove them or store them, they store on the awning arms.

Tags
awning