Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-06-2012, 10:48 AM   #1

Balancing TT

Hi! Long time lurker first time poster. Wife and I have just returned to Texas Panhandle from Lakeview Ohio with our 2013 233s. I have made several mods from reading this forum and ordered Roo with extra 12 volt and two 2000 watt Yamaha's as we like boondocking aroung Red River NM area. Have senior pass and can camp in National Forests a lot cheaper than in parks. We purchased Cabela's shower & potti tent and flushable portable potti so as to not fill up the black tank as fast. Have four great grandchildren, well they are just grandchildren that will be camping with us a lot. I have a question for ya'll (Tx. slang). I seem to have read somewhere that you only raise one axle to level side to side. I did not know if they were talking about a single axle or duaL axle as I have. Please help. My title is Mr.W as this is actually my initials, just so ya'll wont think I am uppity sp. Thanks in advance
Mr.W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 01:20 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

All depends on how much you need to level. A 2x6 under only one tire of a tandem axle trailer will raise that side about 3/4 inch. A 2x6 under both tires will raise that side about 1.5 inches. Either way works, just depends on what you need to get level. Just make sure when you get side to side level, you chock some wheels before you unhook from the tow vehicle.

And by the way, Welcome.
2008 Yamaha V-Star 650 Classic

2008 Work and Play 18LT
LadyWindrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 02:04 PM   #3
Site Team

when leveling a tandem axle trailer, you have to raise both axles, on the side that needs raising.

doing only one axle will not be worth the work. lifting only one axle is the procedure for single axle popups and smaller trailers.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 03:30 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
when leveling a tandem axle trailer, you have to raise both axles, on the side that needs raising.

doing only one axle will not be worth the work. lifting only one axle is the procedure for single axle popups and smaller trailers.
X2.
1969 John Deere 1020, 1940 Ford 9N, 1948 Ford 8N
Jonsered 535, Can of WD-40, Duct Tape
Red Green coffee mugs
acadianbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 05:36 PM   #5

Thanks for the help. I figured it would be both axles just wanted the comfort of experienced poosters advice. Looking forward to the camping season. May learn how to post pictures later as I sure enjoy looking at Ya'll's
2012 Dodge Ram 1500 Hemi
Retired and ready for Mtns.
Mr.W is offline   Reply With Quote