Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-15-2013, 03:28 PM   #1

Bathroom faucet seems plugged?

we were camping this weekend, Friday night after setup i ran some water in the bathroom sink on the hot water side and there was air in the lines, (probably cause last week i cut the water line and installed a t, and valves and a line to draw antifreeze through to winterize it in a couple of weeks) so i let the air and water run for a period of time, and all at once the cold and hot both quit running almost entirely. All the rest of the lines worked fine all weekend? Any advice?
Rodney Butalla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 03:55 PM   #2

Remove the screen bubbler on the faucet--its clogged with debris.
Broadway Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 04:41 PM   #3

Yup that is what i suspected, Did that and it is clear now, But was thinking i need to clean the hot water heater, cause that's where it came from. Any thoughts on if that is necessary or not?
Rodney Butalla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 04:48 PM   #4

My heater was clogged with debris when I got it and flushing wouldn't dislodge all of it. I filled with a gallon of vinegar and let it heat up for 24 hours. Pulled the anode after releasing the pressure and flushed with a wand. Worked like a charm.
Broadway Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 05:03 PM   #5

There are all sorts of reasons why this happens, including crud from the water heater. Flush your water heater a few times per season. Also there are leftover bits and chunks from manufacturing that can be dislodged in travel that contribute to this. From time to time I pop the aerators off all fixtures and clean them as a preventative measure.

1 Fantastic DW
1 Amazing DD
1 Beagle that will be missed (RIP Zeus)
another_newfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 01:40 PM   #6

Considerable amount of scale accumulates in the hot water heater during normal use. I purchased a flushing wand which goes into the anode rod opening which can be used to flush the scale from the floor of the water heater.
gbpacker is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
faucet, roo