Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-09-2016, 09:15 PM   #1

Battery not connected to 21BD

Before I put my 2015 21BD in storage last fall the battery ran down even though the camper had been plugged in for 4 days. All the lights worked, the slide worked on shore power, I wouldn't have even known except for trying to use my jack after disconnecting shore power. This was right before putting the camper in storage so I figured I'd pull the battery and trickle charge it over the winter and trouble shoot it when picking the camper up. I picked up the camper today, put in the battery which worked find with the jack. I connected to shore power and all lights seem to work. The strange thing is if I turn the 120volt breaker for the converter off I loose all 12volt power(lights, radio ect) even though the battery is fully charged. I checked the reset-able breaker and pushed the little black button and I checked the 30 amp fuse next to the reset-able breaker with no change. I know the jack is directly wired to the battery. I'm going to go out and buy a new 12 volt breaker, anyone have any other suggestions? Also what size is the reset-able breaker?
Korny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 10:56 PM   #2

Is there a 30 amp inline fuse under the camper just inside the front frame rail? If so check to see if it is blown.
MiCamper6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 11:04 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiCamper6 View Post
Is there a 30 amp inline fuse under the camper just inside the front frame rail? If so check to see if it is blown.
There is one near the breaker, green wire I believe. I pulled it and it looked fine but I'll swap another fuse in. I didn't see any other fuses, i was getting cold and and it was getting dark.
Old 04-10-2016, 04:30 AM   #4

Is the battery disconnect with pulled?
Old 04-10-2016, 11:31 AM   #5

Might want to have the battery load tested
Harkerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 12:30 PM   #6

An update, I wiggled the ground to the frame from the battery, it was slightly loose. I unplugged the shorepower and the lights stayed on! took the multimeter and recorded the voltage. I'm getting 12.7 without shore power and with shore power, is 12.7 the typical floating voltage? I had charged the battery over the winter so it should be full other then using power jack twice.
Old 04-10-2016, 12:32 PM   #7

I would think the float voltage should be around 13.2.
MiCamper6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 01:22 PM   #8

Voltage is good at 12.7, Get a little sandpaper or brush and clean all connections to battery cables on battery and especially the loose contact you mention on frame....reassemble, Note always take picture so you can get colors correct. Black is ground on 12v auto but not always on tt's. Hope this helps as corrosion causes intermittent problems.
updhaul is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
battery