Old 04-11-2012, 07:15 AM   #11
Originally Posted by capucine View Post
looks to me that it is the same walls with a fiberglass outside skin followed by a sheet of luan, some hard styrofoam and the inside wall with another sheet of luan. Same that we have on today's rockwood trailer. I still cannot believe that you paid a so cheap price. The seller really gave it to you for almost free!

I know. It was exactly what I wanted and I found it on the very first search on the very first day of looking, plus he gave me all of the towing gear including the hitch, swaybar, weight distribution gear and everything. Plus, as luck would have it, I had just come into cash the day before so everything was perfectly lined up.

skylinedrifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 08:03 PM   #12
I have to say, I love the new flooring! I won't let the wife see this or I'll be out there on my hands and knees this weekend

With that said, I hope you captured some before and afters and maybe have some suggestions on what you did to make it not so difficult. As you see, I have the 2k version of the m-19 and we love it. One of the first mods I did was replace the 13 inch tires and rims. I couldn't tell if that's what you have on it, but the white round-holed wheels look familiar. I replaced mine with a set of 14 inch aluminum wheels from the local trailer dealer and tires from the tire rack and it was the best change I've made. If you look for early posts of mine from 2008/2009 (if it lets us search back that far) you'll see the mod as it happened. Since the spare was bigger, I was able to order the same plastic spare tire cover to fit the 14 inch tire and my dealer ordered it with the delivery of another trailer, so shipping was freeeeeee! Free is good.

The second best mod was the 4 or 5 inch (can't remember) vinyl fence post that I mounted under the frame, behind the stairs, that holds my sewer pipe and accessories so it didn't have to sit in the pull thru drawer with everything else. The crappy (no pun intended) sewer pipe that came with it is too short and too thin for my liking, so I upgraded to a thicker mill pipe that's 15 feet long I believe. Makes draining a snap, especially when things don't line up just right. Paint the fence post black and nobody even knows the difference...looks like it came with the trailer.

Finally, I also did the bunk end latch replacement a couple of weeks ago and so far so good. It just started raining the last couple of nights and I was a little worried about things staying dry, but so far so good...not a drop on the inside. Best part of the latches is that they are all keyed and all keyed alike, so it's a bit more secure when stored and also a snap to open and close now. I bet I shaved 10 minutes off of the setup time.

Shower Mods - moved the shower rod out a little, installed acrylic walls and sealed, added hotel style curtain (easy on/easy off), and finally, an oxygenics shower head....a must have for longer hot showers and good water pressure.

Misc mods - added power lift to replace the crank one. Added a vent cover to the bathroom vent so I leave it open, even when it rains without worrying about it.

Future mods - refrigerator dial (replace the wire), power and cable to the refrig side so I can mount a flat screen on that wall, and an aluminum chest on the tongue to put batteries and misc stuff into. I'll have to move the propane bottles forward to do that last one, but it will be worth it.

If I need any mods after that, I'll sell it and buy a 5th wheel... LOL!

Have fun

Where we've been:

2000 Rockwood Roo M-18 Hybrid
2006 Dodge Ram 2500 Auto 5.9 Diesel
Gone but not forgotten -1986 Rockwood 1003 PUP
rthrbelsewhere is offline   Reply With Quote