Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-24-2012, 11:36 PM   #101
Site Team

Patkins posted that FR has fixed the problem with the bad design of his unit. Today another member posted that FR is fixing the problem with her unit too. This is good news and steps in the right directions!

And based on his outcome Patkins seems to be a valuable resource to tap into. With that said I do admire Patkins with his efforts he has put into getting the problem taken care of. But truth be known I was proud the moment I read that he got FR to come to his dealer to look at the problem. He has managed to do what others have not been able to do.

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 07:00 AM   #102

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terier
Patkins posted that FR has fixed the problem with the bad design of his unit. Today another member posted that FR is fixing the problem with her unit too. This is good news and steps in the right directions!

And based on his outcome Patkins seems to be a valuable resource to tap into. With that said I do admire Patkins with his efforts he has put into getting the problem taken care of. But truth be known I was proud the moment I read that he got FR to come to his dealer to look at the problem. He has managed to do what others have not been able to do.
Well thank you for the positive post.

This outcome was possible because of persistent posts. Having said that FR did read the posts on this forum as a comment was made by FR employee. As I have stated we the customer have spent quite a bit of money, purchasing these products from FR and they need to know we are serious about our concerns.

Plus this was also possible with fellow FR forum member gocamping, power in numbers. Finding members with same issues that are close to each other also helps in getting action.
2014 Rain Days = 3 Snow Days = 0
patkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 03:54 PM   #103
Site Team

In your case I think it went beyond the points you listed. Banning together can help but you really raised the playing field by providing supporting proof that the problem still existed after the repair as well as creating a solution.

Old 10-25-2012, 05:05 PM   #104
kwillmott

Yes I could see an employee was online or posting information either last week or this week but I can't seem to find the post. They mentioned the name of the worker who happened to work on my unit as well. For some reason it was sent back to me with mold and rotten wood still there and placed there by the people working on it. FR is now helping us to cover the time spent for someone to finish the restoration process up here at our dealer location. They recognize that work was missed and are helping to cover it. Looking forward to getting things resolved and moving on.
Old 10-25-2012, 08:36 PM   #105

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwillmott
Yes I could see an employee was online or posting information either last week or this week but I can't seem to find the post. They mentioned the name of the worker who happened to work on my unit as well. For some reason it was sent back to me with mold and rotten wood still there and placed there by the people working on it. FR is now helping us to cover the time spent for someone to finish the restoration process up here at our dealer location. They recognize that work was missed and are helping to cover it. Looking forward to getting things resolved and moving on.
That is great news
Old 10-25-2012, 08:39 PM   #106
Canadian Member

It's great to hear that FR is going to try to make it right for you, kwillmott . I hope you're able to get everything resolved so you can enjoy your trailer in the Spring.
2011 Rockwood Signature 8293SS (2015 - 2018)
2010 Rockwood Roo 23SS (2012 - 2014)

itat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 10:06 PM   #107
kwillmott

Thanks Itat, our dealer stuck up for us to have some small coverage to finish the work so we are thankful to have them behind us. It is time to get it finished and move on.
Old 10-26-2012, 12:15 AM   #108

This outcome helps to regain my confidence in the brand. I will be looking to trade up next year and was starting to wonder if Forest River was still a good choice or not. I'm feeling a bit better again since they seem to be getting on board with making things right.
newbold1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 12:40 AM   #109

Now they just need to fire the blind welder and carpenters that built my 2012 wolfpup and we'll really be getting somewhere.
brookside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 08:39 AM   #110

I think that this forum is a good place to vent let possible buyers know the frustrations of owners. In saying that manufactures must know that if you build a product and you know of issues in models, repairs should be made after warranty expires. And last forums and groups that are on the Internet, must take the good with bad on postings and if more bad is posted then good look at the product!
2014 Rain Days = 3 Snow Days = 0
patkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 03:20 PM   #111
Site Team

Internet forums can provide valuable information if both good and bad are posted. The problem with one-sided information is that it's incomplete and unfair.

As an example my sister has a friend that owns a pizza place. The owners will remove the not so glowing feedback from the website. If I am reading customers feedback I want to see it all so I can make a good choice. This also applies to RVs and other stuff. I don't want to read only the good reviews nor do I want to read only the bad reviews. Give me all the facts and let me decide.

And with that said a company should stand behind their products.

Old 06-07-2013, 10:58 AM   #112

I have a 2014 Roo ikss, and am also having leaking issues. I seasoned the canvas as stated in the manual several times. Called the dealer and they said its normal, I called FR they said the same. At what point is it not a seasoning issue? And at what point do I start getting nervous that I might have a real problem?
Jorlando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 10:07 PM   #113
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorlando View Post
I have a 2014 Roo ikss, and am also having leaking issues. I seasoned the canvas as stated in the manual several times. Called the dealer and they said its normal, I called FR they said the same. At what point is it not a seasoning issue? And at what point do I start getting nervous that I might have a real problem?
Are you sure it's not condensation?
This is common with hybrids and popups.
Please describe exactly how it's leaking.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote