Old 09-04-2012, 02:02 PM   #31

I'm hoping that I'm not in this boat also. Due to the dry summer in Ontario I only had one rain on the trailer. The side window canvas leaked a bit and the water did soak through to the mattress.

I put the dealer on notice - their advice was to let the rain swell the fabric. I hope this is the solution.

I'm going to put the garden hose to it prior to Thanksgiving and see if swelling works.......otherwise I may be in the same boat.

what annoys me is the fact that my 2004 $7,000 Jayco popup never leaked a drop. I could put the hose to it and wash the bunk ends with a wash mit and hose it down - without a leak.

2017 GMC SLT HD All Terrain Crew Cab (6' 6" Box) 2012 Roo 23SS
E2 Trunnion WDH (1,000 lb / 10,000 lb)
Dave Lyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 08:01 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbq
Why wait for rain to seal the threads. Get the hose out & spray it down. That way you'll know for sure.
Well I had to wait since we were leaving the next day. I have had a rain on it today but not a hard enough rain to see if it leaks. I plan on soaking it TRUST me. I still think negative information against FR on sites like this get results...it worked for me and the more pictures and videos you can post and send to the dealer helps. What people must realize if you spend $2000 -$75000 on a trailer and it has issues you have the right to vent... I hate liberal thinking people shhhh you can not say that. Freedom of speech has not been banned yet!!!!

2014 Rain Days = 3 Snow Days = 0
patkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 09:07 AM   #33

Well brand new tent ends just put on last week 3 rains this week last nights rain was too much. Water is once again entering inside. You will hear me snap all the way in Indiana.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2466030153.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	48.0 KB
ID:	19291   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1119841312.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	49.1 KB
ID:	19292   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-877150029.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	47.8 KB
ID:	19293  
Old 09-08-2012, 11:10 AM   #34

I have a 2012 Roo as well. Problem with mine is that is doesn't appear that the tents are leaking, but the doors are retaining water. When I raise the ends, water comes flooding in, soaking bed. Dealer is handling with FR and I am supposed to get replacement ends. Check doors for water damage and warping. Love the Roo, just want the water issue solved.
Old 09-08-2012, 11:25 AM   #35

These bed ends are week old and design is garbage tents are too tight they are pulling the threads away from the holes. I want trailer to be bought back in USA you have lemon law and mine is a lemon.
Old 09-08-2012, 01:47 PM   #36
Hob

Quote:
Originally Posted by patkins View Post
Well I had to wait since we were leaving the next day. I have had a rain on it today but not a hard enough rain to see if it leaks. I plan on soaking it TRUST me. I still think negative information against FR on sites like this get results...it worked for me and the more pictures and videos you can post and send to the dealer helps. What people must realize if you spend $2000 -$75000 on a trailer and it has issues you have the right to vent... I hate liberal thinking people shhhh you can not say that. Freedom of speech has not been banned yet!!!!
Freedom of speech has certainly been banned on this forum by some people.
Old 09-08-2012, 05:22 PM   #37
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by patkins View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hob View Post
Freedom of speech has certainly been banned on this forum by some people.

Members agree to abide by the site rules including the section about the "First Amendment, censorship and your "right to free speech"".

The rules are not about limiting viewpoints, right, wrong, different, or indifferent but rather the keeping the overall envirnoment of this forum a nice place to visit. As for venting - state your point and move on. Rehashing a complaint over & over usually does little good except for the person doing the complaining. Now giving an valid update when appropriate could be useful.

2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Camping History: 45 Trips / 133 Nights / 3736 Miles
FRF Social Group: Campers of the West
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 05:52 PM   #38
kwillmott

I think it is so important for all Rockwood Roo owners that are having bunk end leaking issues and even general workmanship issues have a place to find each other. The frustrations of paying so much for a recreational vehicle and then having things happen to the point where we can't use it and it is only a few years old or even newer from what I am seeing on this forum. I used to think I was alone in dealing with my trailer issues but I am learning a lot by reading what other Canadian and US Rockwood Roo owners are going through. Forest River has to realize we the consumers pay a lot of money for their products and expect to receive a good well built product. Not something that leaks and falls apart!
Old 09-08-2012, 05:59 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwillmott
I think it is so important for all Rockwood Roo owners that are having bunk end leaking issues and even general workmanship issues have a place to find each other. The frustrations of paying so much for a recreational vehicle and then having things happen to the point where we can't use it and it is only a few years old or even newer from what I am seeing on this forum. I used to think I was alone in dealing with my trailer issues but I am learning a lot by reading what other Canadian and US Rockwood Roo owners are going through. Forest River has to realize we the consumers pay a lot of money for their products and expect to receive a good well built product. Not something that leaks and falls apart!
Well put. It's not called complaining its called frustrated.
Old 09-08-2012, 06:22 PM   #40
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwillmott View Post
Well stated and a valid point.

2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Camping History: 45 Trips / 133 Nights / 3736 Miles
FRF Social Group: Campers of the West
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote