Old 09-08-2012, 06:25 PM   #41
kwillmott

Yes we are completely frustrated. We just went through a year long wait all the while making monthly payments. Got it back and discovered Forest River actually put moldy wood back into our trailer and well as worked around all the black mold covered wood. We had to pay $2500 to have it picked up and shipped back to us. After my kids and I started getting sick I knew something was wrong and spent our camping trip searching through the trailer and trying to remove what I could then gave up since most of it is attached to the body of the trailer and not just under the cabinets. Now we are told there has to be another "investigation" to determine why the crew at the factory put the mold back and left the mold there. So I guess I just continue every month paying for this trailer that I can't use! Very frustrating!!
Old 09-08-2012, 06:57 PM   #42
Site Team

Stand on top of the mold issue! Some molds can affect the health of your family as you have said.

I'm guessing that you are noting pointers from the OP as he was able to get FR to come to his dealer based on documentation to support his claim. Wished there were better news for the FR visit & outcome but even with the suggested soultion it looks like the problem still exists. He may be right about it being a design flaw which would be bad news for lots of owners.

I wish all of you guys well with this tug-of-war in getting your RVs fixed right.

2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Camping History: 45 Trips / 133 Nights / 3736 Miles
FRF Social Group: Campers of the West
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 07:11 PM   #43
kwillmott

Yes we are definitely staying on top of this it is so unacceptable to have them send it back to us with harmful mold still in it and I paid to have it shipped back. The leak started from our side bunk door and rear while it was closed. The gutters they had put on we're actually flush with the black rubber seals and water got in and flooded their entire back bunks,walls and floor plus standing water created other rot and mold in all the other types of wood throughout the rest of the trailer so it actually needed a proper restoration and we were in our second year warranty that we bought. Only the factory didn't restore it properly as promised so now we are waiting to see what our dealer plans to do and also the factory. We have been in limbo now for 2 weeks waiting to find out what will happen.
Old 09-08-2012, 07:28 PM   #44
Site Team

Are you working with the same contact at FR or did you moved up the ladder to someone else?

Please do post an update.

2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Camping History: 45 Trips / 133 Nights / 3736 Miles
FRF Social Group: Campers of the West
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 07:32 PM   #45
kwillmott

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terier
Are you working with the same contact at FR or did you moved up the ladder to someone else?

Please do post an update.
I will keep posting updates as I have them. Our Dealer is in touch with the same person in the warranty department.
Old 09-08-2012, 10:04 PM   #46

grollins@forestriverinc.com

Gregg Rollins. He is the contact us Canadians must stick together. My parents and sister live in BC so good luck and if you want me to turn up the heat I will.
2014 Rain Days = 3 Snow Days = 0
patkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 11:16 PM   #47

Well I feel your pain... my bunks are leaking also. I was able to see today where it is coming in on my rear bunk, but the front bunk, I'm still not quite sure. I see the sides where the windows are, the rain is soaking through, but there is also isolated puddles on the bunk. The rear bunk also shows this but the majority of the water is coming down my tent pole also.
I have been talking to my dealer and they have been very supportive and have handle this very well. I will be taking it to them in October for repair. UnfortunatleyI have one more camping trip scheduled for thanksgiving so I can't take in before then. I will just have totarp off my bunk ends for that trip.
Click image for larger version

Name:	Rear Bunk Sept 8 2012 - Leaking Down Pole.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	49.4 KB
ID:	19326
Plowking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 04:06 AM   #48
kwillmott

What year is your Roo? Yes you definitely need to get that fixed if the water is coming in like that. What I don't get is why they just don't replace them, recall them or buy them back from us. It is obviously a constant problem with leaks so just like a car would be recalled you would think it would happen with the Roos.
Old 09-09-2012, 04:09 AM   #49
kwillmott

Quote:
Originally Posted by patkins
grollins@forestriverinc.com

Gregg Rollins. He is the contact us Canadians must stick together. My parents and sister live in BC so good luck and if you want me to turn up the heat I will.
Yes we do need to stick together since it is a US company. Yes this is who my dealer is in contact with.
Old 09-09-2012, 06:54 PM   #50

My dealer has been awesome to deal with with any of my warranty issues and especially the water issue. I have scheduled an appointment and I will work with them first then go from there.
Good luck,

Plowking is offline   Reply With Quote