Old 09-12-2012, 07:50 AM   #61

Being that the RV was bought new I'd also think that some or all of this would be covered under warranty and that especially a botched job would be completely on their dime. Again, I think I would get some legal advice on this issue given what all has transpired up to this point. I wonder if like automobiles something like the lemon law can apply to RVs? It's not reasonable that you should have to just accept this or be forced to keep paying. It's not like you bought something older / used and in an "as is" condition.

Old 09-12-2012, 08:35 AM   #62
Moderator Emeritus

Kwillmott,

What a horrible experience for you and your family. You asked for some thoughts on this.

First, call Gregg Rollins yourself. It sounds as if there is some loss of communication between FR, the local dealer and you. If it hasn't been posted here previously on this thread, Gregg's contact info use to be (574) 642-2640 ext. 225. E-mail: grollins@forestriverinc.com. I understand he responds quicker to email. In fact, I would do everything via email and letter to create a paper trail.

It doesn't seem right that the dealer and FR says to pay again to fix these repairs. You say that FR told the dealer that they wont do anything more? This sounds odd. Connect with Gregg yourself. I've never heard of such a shoddy repair job being done at the factory. Usually people have found the factory went above and beyond their expectations. There is something going on here.

Newbold1, the US lemon Laws do not apply to campers as I understand it. Not an attorney, but each state has their own laws and the federal government has the Magnusson-Moss act. But, in general, lemon laws may apply to RVs with motors but not campers. Like I said, though, each state is different.

The advice to seek legal counsel might be required here. Consider the legal route. A letter on your attorneys letterhead will often open doors and grease the wheels.

Best of luck to you.

2012 Shamrock 233S
2008 Toyota Sequoia 5.7L 4WD
Triguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 08:50 AM   #63

Thanks. Wasn't sure if that law or something similar could apply. I always try to resolve my issues through the channels that exist with the dealer and manufacturer first. I've always had good luck and have never had to go the legal route on anything ever. But, if you hit a roadblock it might be the only option if you don't want to end up losing your investment.
Old 09-12-2012, 11:28 AM   #64
kwillmott

Thank you for all of your advice and suggestions. I am in Canada so I don't think the lemon law applies ? I would have to check. I am going to seek some legal advice and find out my options and also contact Gregg myself. My dealer told me they would work with Gregg but I don't seem to be getting any answers and now wonder how my dealer is actually representing me when dealing with the warranty / factory.
Old 09-12-2012, 11:44 AM   #65

I'd try Gregg first. If you exhaust that option then legal counsel seems like last resort bit the only one left to you at that point... Outside of continuing to keep throwing your money at the problem hoping for resolution.
Old 09-12-2012, 11:47 AM   #66

I tend to agree with Newbold1. It begs the question of how much assistance has the dealer been?

I wouldn't hesitate to tell Gregg that your concerns are all over this forum.

2017 GMC SLT HD All Terrain Crew Cab (6' 6" Box) 2012 Roo 23SS
E2 Trunnion WDH (1,000 lb / 10,000 lb)
Dave Lyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 11:52 AM   #67
kwillmott

I think I will do that, contact Gregg first and see what response or answers I can obtain and then if needed seek legal advice. It could be the dealer at this point that isn't helping. They have seemed genuine to my face but who knows they could be sitting in it not doing the right thing when facing the factory. I hate feeling like the little guy with no control in this situation. Thanks again everyone. Will keep you posted.
Old 09-12-2012, 12:03 PM   #68

Good luck! Hope it ends well and you can be happy with your trailer again.
Old 09-12-2012, 12:16 PM   #69
kwillmott

Thank you me too. I just emailed Gregg so I will see if he responds.
Old 09-12-2012, 05:03 PM   #70
Site Team

The idea of contacting Greg sounds good to me too. It removes the midde guy and can provide direct communication.

2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Camping History: 45 Trips / 133 Nights / 3736 Miles
FRF Social Group: Campers of the West
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote