Old 09-12-2012, 05:18 PM   #71

Good luck I honestly think having a lawyer on standby is a good idea. I think they are being hit with many water issues by comments Gregg has said.

2014 Rain Days = 3 Snow Days = 0
patkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 06:39 PM   #72
kwillmott

I think I will check out all of my options. I honestly think should either redesign the entire bunk system or just stop making this hybrid. I wish I had just kept my tent trailer or looked at a regular trailer.
Old 09-16-2012, 03:29 PM   #73

Well water leaking through tent ends is fixed for now. Still the worst design and FR should be embarrassed to make a product that the customer must repair and redesign because of poor design and build. So what needs to be recalled by forest river and replace is rear tent U shaped bar corners are pulling seams and a new adjustable bar with 2 more holes closer to the U bar. When bar is on loosest setting from FR water enters, drilling more holes 1.5 inches away it takes stress of tent fabric in corners. You still need U shaped bar to be 1 inch narrower or earlier bend in corner. Pictures of parts that must be modified below.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2238896261.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	43.6 KB
ID:	19549   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-214971067.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	37.3 KB
ID:	19550   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-111765639.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	41.7 KB
ID:	19551  
Old 09-16-2012, 07:37 PM   #74

kwillmott: could you share with us some pictures of the molds you are experiencing?
Old 09-17-2012, 01:35 AM   #75
kwillmott

Capuchine - yes I will post pictures for you.
Old 09-17-2012, 12:34 PM   #76

Quote:
Originally Posted by patkins View Post
Well water leaking through tent ends is fixed for now. Still the worst design and FR should be embarrassed to make a product that the customer must repair and redesign because of poor design and build. So what needs to be recalled by forest river and replace is rear tent U shaped bar corners are pulling seams and a new adjustable bar with 2 more holes closer to the U bar. When bar is on loosest setting from FR water enters, drilling more holes 1.5 inches away it takes stress of tent fabric in corners. You still need U shaped bar to be 1 inch narrower or earlier bend in corner. Pictures of parts that must be modified below.

So....are you saying that you modified the ridge pole and that has stopped the leaks? Did you do any mod to the U-shaped end bunk rail?

2017 GMC SLT HD All Terrain Crew Cab (6' 6" Box) 2012 Roo 23SS
E2 Trunnion WDH (1,000 lb / 10,000 lb)
Dave Lyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 02:35 PM   #77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Lyon

So....are you saying that you modified the ridge pole and that has stopped the leaks? Did you do any mod to the U-shaped end bunk rail?
Yes the ridge pole stopped the leaking by making it lose. The U shaped end rail needs to be smaller in width to take pressure off corners.
Old 09-17-2012, 05:46 PM   #78
kwillmott

I am glad to hear the leaking stopped and it is fixed.
Old 09-27-2012, 08:29 AM   #79

Kwillmott --- just curious if you've made any progress with Gregg at this point.
Old 09-27-2012, 10:13 AM   #80
kwillmott

At this point it has been another month of waiting to see what the factory will do. The dealer has our trailer still and we are waiting to hear what our options will be. It should not have left the factory with the mold still in it plus it came back with other defects that have to be fixed like our kinked fresh water hose etc.... The workers assigned clearly worked around the mold so we are waiting to see if FR will take it back to finish what it started. The dealer suggested we pay for the rest of it to be fixed up here in BC by a mobile RV technician at our cost. I am waiting to hear what Gregg will offer. Will keep you posted.