Old 10-11-2016, 02:41 PM   #91

I'm in as well. The wife owns, I get to transport it. 2016.5 23IKSS. I think the 2017 has a different floor plan than previous models.

2017 Roo 23IKSS
owlandfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 03:29 PM   #92

I have a company willing to make the canvas ends, looking at doing my own solution as well.

Old 10-11-2016, 07:32 PM   #93

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaRoo View Post
I have a company willing to make the canvas ends, looking at doing my own solution as well.
Is that company willing to do business with ChibullsAN......After all the work he did (concept, brackets, etc etc) he should be our man !
Old 10-11-2016, 07:36 PM   #94

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drenjoey View Post
Is that company willing to do business with ChibullsAN......After all the work he did (concept, brackets, etc etc) he should be our man !
I'm sure they would.
Old 10-23-2016, 05:44 PM   #95

we would be interested in 3 of these, please!!!
Old 10-30-2016, 02:55 PM   #96

I have followed this thread since last year. Its an awesome idea and design and I would not mind having a set, but my thoughts are what Chibulls is finding is to have these produced would result in too high of a cost for the limited market to bear. I say that because I deal with window awing companies from time to time for commecial construction, and the materials and labor in that business do not come cheap.

I would think the price point to sell them just to break even would be in excess of $300 each and I would guess thats a low number. Are a lot of people going to pay that X 2 or 3? On top of that even as popular as the Roo and Shamrock are, the production numbers are not all that high, a few thousand per year maybe. A large percentage of owners just put the bunks out and camp and do not worry about any addons no matter what they do, protect, etc. To most ots a camper you use a couple weekends a year.

To reduce the overall cost he could always contract out to some manufacturer in Asia which is the norm these days, but that usually requires a substantial financial outlay along with a minimum order such as entire shipping container packed full.

That being said I hope he has not thrown in the towel trying to put something together.
Old 10-30-2016, 03:08 PM   #97

I agree that's most likely the prob he running into, factories are wanting to make 20,000 of them and he needs 30

Tags
awning, bunk